“Excellent centrally located hotel, close to U. Rochester”

The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent centrally located hotel, close to U. Rochester”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The Strathallan is a recently renovated hotel convenient to the University of Rochester, downtown, and everything else in Rochester. The beds are super-comfortable and the showers in the renovated bathrooms are outstanding.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for your kind review and for staying at The Strathallan. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Rochester.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Florida, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and had a wonderful time. Also there were people screaming outside in the parking lot while I was trying to sleep. I was given a room key and when I entered the room someone else was in the room. This is just unacceptable.

2 Thank Marla G
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for choosing the Strathallan Hotel, while visiting Rochester. We pride ourselves in our location, decor, and guest services. If you feel you need further compensation, please contact the hotel directly. We hope to see you in the future.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I loved my two-night stay at the Strathallan. The hotel has been recently remodeled and every room, from the lobby and restaurant to the room and bathroom are tastefully decorated. My suite was huge and gorgeous. It had two separate rooms, two flat screen televisions, two air conditioners, a lovely fully-equipped kitchen, and a big bathroom with Crabtree and Evelyn products. It was super clean, beautiful and comfortable. Additionally, the hotel is just a short walk from restaurants and shops. Breakfast was also fantastic with an incredible choice of fresh fruits. Has to be the best hotel choice in Rochester!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us at The Strathallan. We love hearing when guests enjoy our beautiful hotel, and are so happy you enjoyed your time here. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Rochester.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is Rochester's best ??? Staff seem to lack training and no personailty ! Had to call for toothpaste three times! service in bar was very poor and had to get up from table several times to get service out on terrace. They had names all mixed up for wedding party and called several times for room confirmation.
Hotel is not designed very well! They are trtying too hard to have a design look !
I would not stay in hotel again !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 1sophie1969
Thank you for choosing the Strathallan Hotel while visiting Rochester. We pride ourselves in our location, decor, and guest services. We hope to see you in the future.
Orange Park, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I had scheduled months in advance for myself to be pick up from the airport of the evening of my arrival and when I arrived they were know were in site. I called the hotel and they side yes that they had me on the books to be picked up but they had forgot about me (My flight was actually early on my arrival). When I asked if they could please turn around to come and get me they said that they could not do that, that I would need to call a taxi. I am a young female and the last thing I wanted to do was take a creepy taxi cab to the hotel in a city that I had never been at before. So as you can imagine I was very up set:(

3 Thank Megan B
jayrettberg, Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel while visitng Rochester. We pride ourselves in exceeding guest's expectations and appreciate your feedback. We log every airport pick up and know how important this is to our guests, your feedback will help us to improve our roll in your comfortable stay.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This hotel is well-run, and well located. Its near several museums in a beautiful, quiet, residential area of Rochester. There are also lots of restaurants near-by, in the Village Gate area and along Park Ave. The staff was very helpful and attentive. And the pool was lovely, clean and quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janet D
Thank you for the wonderful review we look forward to your next stay.
Ovid, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Traveled to Rochester for a weekend getaway with our 23mth old twin boys. Room was set up with two VERY clean cribs. It was a very efficient check in. We got a suite. it was convenient having a kitchen with the boys. Great room. Although the boys were horrible on their first trip. Only thing I would say is since there was a kitchen there should have been like paper towels at least!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Kerri M
Thank you for choosing our hotel while visisting Rochester, we hope to see you again.