“Now, my favorite hotel in Rochester, N.Y.!”

The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Attending a reunion weekend in town, I was directed to this hotel, and fortunately so, for it was perfectly located, near the Memorial Art Gallery and the George Eastman House, and a short walk from the city center and functions at the Eastman Theater. The neighborhood was meant for walking or jogging! The reception desk staff and "concierge" desk staff were welcoming and friendly (arranging for a couple trips with their hotel shuttle when other transport failed to arrive on time); the room was clean and maintained, with in house WiFi; and the restaurant food excellent, even if the banquet waitstaff sometimes seemed to need a good supervisor around to make sure food came out on time and everything went smoothly. All in all, a place to which I plan to return and would recommend highly to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for your great review. We love hearing that The Strathallan is your favorite hotel and that you enjoyed your stay as well as our restaurant, Char. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Rochester.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised on my recent business trip to the DOUBLETREE Hotel (The Strathallan) in Rochester last week. It was fashionably located in what looked like a residential area but had "big city" accommodations. I will gladly return to the hotel...even on vacation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kon O

Thank you for staying with us, and we appreciate you writing a review. It's great to hear when a guest has such kind words for The Strathallan, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Rochester.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my trip to visit U. Rochester. The staffs were very kind and helpful. Everything including room, facilities (such as fitness center) and the breakfast was all great. Overall, it was very pleasant stay. I will definitely consider staying here again next time I visit Rochester.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words and for choosing The Strathallan. We are very proud of our hotel and our great staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Rochester.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The Strathallan hotel is situated on one of the most beautiful urban streets in Rochester, East Avenue. It is nestled amongst grand historic buildings that stretch both towards downtown the suburbs. Eastman Theater is within easy walking distance. My double room was beautifully decorated and clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the city. The only issue was that on Saturday night, the parking lot was very full, possibly due to the popularity of the restaurant plus a full hotel. Even the adjacent street parking was full so it took a few minutes to park, but the rest of the time there the parking was abundant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us for for the great review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here and our neighborhood. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Rochester.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This Hotel has a sophisicated, beautiful and sparkling clean decor. The staff is helpful and friendly. We had a very enjoyable stay. Great location. There are museums, many restaurants and shops in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your kind words and for staying with us. We look forward to seeking you again on your next visit to Rochester.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here for three nights in October. The staff was great-very friendly and helpful. We booked a suite, which was clean and spacious. Restaurant was very good, but pricey. The staff was helpful to us as we looked at other restaurants. No view to speak of, but that was okay. With a car, was convenient to where we needed to be. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank BRider1
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful, positive feedback. It is always our goal to exceed our guest's satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

A week before my stay I was called by Jordan stating that the room I reserved was contacted by someone else. Ok I'm not sure how that happens but she was apologetic and told me she was providing me a room on the next floor down (8th) end room with a double balcony. Sounded good enough so I agreed. Upon check in I was given a key to a 5th floor room. When I asked why they couldnt answer but looked through thier computer and came up with something on the 8th floor but not the end room I was promised. I dont understand what a person has to do to get what was agreed to. I am a hilton member, maybe I'm just not elite enough. To top it off After a full day of air travel their resturant is closed to the public. NICE I think its time to throw in the towel with all these hotel chains.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Moonbaby728

I apoligize for the double booking of the suite you had reserved, this is rare and should not happen. When a guest extends their checkout date we sometimes have to move the arriving guest. I understand you did experience the 8th floor, I hope you enjoyed the suite. Leah at the front desk spotted you in the restaurant the next morning and rushed over with a "Strathallan" umbrella for you as it was pouring rain outside! We appreciate your loyalty to the HIlton brand and would like to chat with you. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you.