The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I cannot say enough about the management of this facility, specifically, Helen. I had an initially bumpy experience with a front desk person, but after Helen became involved, she made it her business to exceed our expectations on every facet of our stay. There is no question that the next time we are in Rochester, we will stay at the DoubleTree. The rooms and bed are great, the food and bar out of this world, and the personal attention the best. Bravo to Helen and her team.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and for taking the time to write a review. We are so please to hear your enjoyed your stay and had such a great experience with Helen! She is amazing! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

The Strathallan was beautifully renovated, the staff was helpful, and the room was amazing. Close to a lot of main downtown Rochester attractions, including Dinosaur BBQ. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying at The Strathallan and for taking the time to write a review. It's always great to have people who are local come and stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I booked my room and had to upgrade to a two room suite, the front desk was very helpful! The hotel seemed brand new minus the heavy sliding glass door that stuck when we tried to open it. The staff was pleasant, Char was awesome! The bartender was well versed in his trade and carried on a nice conversation with my group. The location is close to everything as well. I can't wait to head back here.

Room Tip: Join Hilton Honors and get a room on the top floors!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to hear you enjoyed Char. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Rochester.

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I travel to Rochester on business often. I usually stay at the Homewood Suites but because it is an older hotel, I looked around and decided a longer commute may be worth it for a nicer hotel. I booked at The Strathallan and I am sold! I will always stay here when I visit Rochester. The location is great, the staff very professional and the room was more than I ever expected. If you stay here, make sure you dine at the hotel restaurant. The food was incredible! Also, a huge perk was the complimentary valet parking. Don't miss an opportunity to stay here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and for giving us a try. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and dining at Char. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and share your experience, and we look forward to seeing you many times on your future trips back to Rochester.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Excellent Facility, great workout room and a great breakfast with colleagues. Well situated and staff was very accommodating allowing me a slightly later check out time to accommodate business meeting in the restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan. We are more than happy, always, to do whatever we can to accommodate the needs of our guests. So glad to hear you enjoyed your time here, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Rochester.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was recently relocated to Upstate NY from ND, and was in the city searching for prospective living locations. I was looking for a nice place to stay in a good nieghborhood while house hunting, and the hotel was very comfortable and relaxing, along with being in a great historic area of town with many options to explore and get to know the city.

I informed the staff of a special guest that I was expecting (I was trying to convince my girlfriend to move with me, 1500 miles away from her friends anf family). They went far above and beyond what is expected from a hotel guest to accomodate me and give us a great experience. I couldn't be more thankful. The Assistant General Manager Helen was extremely caring and generous. They not only sold me on the hotel, but the city of Rochester.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for choosing The Strathallan and for not only writing such a great review, but for sharing your beautiful story with us. We are thrilled that we could help and that you had such a wonderful experience with our hotel and Helen; she's amazing. Best of luck to you and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We were there recently for a hockey tournament last week and the staff couldnt do enough for you! Great breakfast! Friendly staff especially Katie and Dan! Clean hotel, beds were comfortable. Thank you Doubletree at Rochester you were amazing! Parents were super pleased! thank you!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and for taking the time to write such a great review. We are so happy to hear you and your parents were pleased and found us to be the best hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Rochester.