“The Full Doubletree experience”

The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 14 February 2014

If you've ever stayed in a Doubletree before, you know the exceptional quality and service that this chain provides. This hotel fills the bill of the Doubletree experience, from the warm cookie, friendly staff to comfortable beds and spotless rooms. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to travelers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan. We are so pleased to hear about your great experiences with our hotel and with Doubletrees in general. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is our second time staying at the Strathallan. Both times the suites were spacious, clean and comfortable. We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel on the first day and went back again on the second. We enjoyed a cocktail in the bar area. It may be a little pricier than other hotels in the area but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Strathallan and for taking the time to write such a kind review. We appreciate you recommending us, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Prior to my arrival, I called to confirm my reservation (although I had my online reservation number), but to inform the staff that because of weather, I may not be able to make it to Rochester. The gentleman I spoke with was very understanding and assured me that would be no problem. When I arrived at the hotel, I learned that my reservation was cancelled because I didn't show up and my credit card was charged for nights I was not staying at the hotel. The young lady I spoke with had a negative attitude and didn't offer so much as an apology for the inconvenience. Instead, she tried to argue with me about my reservation dates. I then learned that placing me in a room would be a problem because they'd given mine away, and I was responsible for paying for new room, in addition to the room charges, as a result of the hotel's errors. Even with my reservation number and the confirmation email, she was unwilling to acknowledge this was an error made by the hotel. A woman who appeared to be the manager made a joke about the situation instead of addressing it. I asked multiple times for confirmation that my credit card was refunded, and I was told she would take care of it (needless to say, I didn't trust her). This whole ordeal took about 45 minutes. Because I never received confirmation, I stopped by the front desk the next day. Again, with her negative attitude, she told me that she took care of it, but my credit card was not refunded. I asked again for confirmation, and I was told it would be placed under my door. It wasn't. There was a college group staying at the hotel the second night. They were running around yelling and screaming until the early morning hours. I called the desk multiple times to address the problem, but no one did. I went outside and asked them to please quiet down, but they did not. I got 3 hours of sleep because of their noise. I was in town for an interview, so I requested an early morning wake up call that I did not receive. In all, I was completely appalled by the service at this hotel. My fiancee and I are moving back to Rochester and looking for wedding venues. Needless to say, the unapologetic, rude staff made me cross this possible venue off of our list. We could never recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

2  Thank Olivia T
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan for your recent stay in Rochester. We appreciate your feedback. Upon your request we cancelled your reservation at no charge. Therefore when you arrived, we showed your room as cancelled. We quickly made another reservation for you and checked you into the hotel. I have called and left you a message, and would appreciate talking to you personally so that we may be given the chance to exceed your expectations. Again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I travel a lot, and I have stayed at this hotel weekly for several months. The staff goes above and beyond. The rooms are of a good size, and all the appointments are new. The restaurant is excellent, which is great if that's what your're looking for. The room service menu is a little limited, and the air in the rooms tends to be a little dry. Other than that, it's a great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for continuing to choose The Strathallan and for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate all of our guests especially the ones who are with us on a regular basis. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Everything about this hotel was great, except the food delivered via room service. Greasy, mushy, and pretty awful tasting. Definitely recommend on every other scale, just order in from somewhere else.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Rochester.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I spend 100+ nights per year in hotels and this ranks among the top 10 of locations I have ever stayed at globally. Great location, good price, quiet room. would definitely return to this location for future trips to Rochester

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for choosing The Strathallan and for taking the time to write a review. It's always so good to hear when someone who travels a lot ranks us so highly and recommends us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Rochester.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

The suite was very roomy and updated with all the appropriate amenities. The staff were very helpful and the food at the restaurant was also very good. No complaints whatsoever. I would highly recommend the hotel and intent to stay here in the future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying at The Strathallan. We are pleased to hear you were happy with your suite and dining at our restaurant, Char. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.