“Would stay here again in a heartbeat.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton

The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Abingdon, Maryland
“Would stay here again in a heartbeat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My second stay this week was for two nights in Rochester at the Doubletree Strathallan located within the Arts district. When I arrived I was thankful that I was staying for two nights in this boutique-style Hilton property that upon arrival offers guests complimentary parking. While the entire valet team was nice, special thanks to James who was pleasant in discussing the surrounding properties and neighborhoods. The property is meticulously well-maintained. At breakfast one morning I witnessed staff out front picking up litter on the front grounds by hand. There is a rear patio and the on-site restaurant; Char has outdoor seating. My end-of-hall king suite was great with features like an in-room safe, wet bar, microwave and refrigerator. The room was nicely decorated and I loved the balconies off the bed and living rooms. Floors 5-8 are dedicated Hilton Honors Floors and with the exception of the guests directly above me moving furniture or something, the floor was quiet during my two nights. I did order room service which was quick. The burger was a tad over-cooked and too char-grilled for my tastes, but maybe it was supposed to be that way, hence the name of the restaurant. The hotel offers a shuttle and there was a town car parked in front. I had a rental for my trip and did not use the shuttle. A great stay in a great property. Looking for a reason to come back to Rochester and stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room farthest away from the elevator for the balconies.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Our entire staff is so proud to be a part of this wonderful property and we are very pleased when our guests recognize this in them. We are happy you enjoyed your time with us so much and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Robina, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My son and I spent 9 nights here in July and were extremely happy with our choice.
I had requested a quiet room via email and was allocated a high floor far from the elevators so was very thankful - our room was blissfully quiet, despite staying over 2 weekends that were busy with weddings.
Beds were very comfortable and we were grateful for the mini fridge and also the laundry was convenient to use on our longer stay.
What truly made our stay special was the friendly staff - the housekeeping staff, front desk but especially at the restaurant at breakfast each day who greeted us warmly and after a few days knew our orders without asking! When next in Rochester we will definitely return here for our next stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and for taking the time to write such a great review. We are so pleased to hear that you and your son enjoyed your extended stay with us. Our staff is amazing and we are glad they are what made your stay so fantastic and that you were comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Rochester.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I loved this hotel and found many attributes worthy of a good review. The rooms are large, clean, and quiet. The hotel staff is friendly and efficient. I really liked the location and the free shuttle to the airport. I had excellent service from the bartender for both lunch and breakfast. The food and drinks are pricey, so be prepared for high entertainment costs. This site is within walking distance to some great restaurants, including a very cute area with breakfast and coffee shops.
Staying in this Hilton property made me question my loyalty to Marriott properties. I was traveling on business, for which I typically use Marriott, but the Strathallan had much better pricing for this trip. I am glad I found this hotel and would choose to stay here if I was visiting Rochester for vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and Hilton for your recent business trip and for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review. We are thrilled to hear that you loved our beautiful property and that you found our excellent staff to be friendly and efficient. We are fortunate to have an amazing team working here and are very proud of all of them.We appreciate the many compliments, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Rochester.
North Tonawanda, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great hotel, great facilities and a fantastic staff. Tamar, Alisa and Brian are fantastic. Aviod rooms over the restaurant they tend to pick-up the smell of the wood-fire grill. The food is fantastic and the new roof-top terrace is awesome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan. We are so happy to hear your stay was great and that you found Tamar, Alisa, and Bryan to be so fantastic - we agree! We are very proud of the amazing team we have in the hotel and restaurant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feed back, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Rochester.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I stayed the night while traveling with my two nieces from Arizona. It was everything one could hope for in a hotel... beautifully designed and decorated, and great service and amenities. We will be passing through this area, later this summer, and will be sure to stay at the DoubleTree again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your experience with us, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit later this summer.
East Rochester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was part of a large wedding party staying at the hotel. Everyone I spoke to had an exceptionally great time. The facility was excellent including common areas & bedrooms. The staff was very accommodating & friendly. Superb experience!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying at The Strathallan and for taking the time to share your experience. We are so pleased to hear that you and everyone in the wedding party you were with had such an exceptional experience with us. We look forward to seeing all of you again on your next visit.
Brevard, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Hotel accommodations , staff responsiveness to supporting some work related faxes and restaurant food and menus were all superb. The outdoor fire pits were great for reception groupings and evening get togethers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank your for choosing The Strathallan. We are so pleased to hear you were happy with your accommodations and our excellent staff, and that you were able to enjoy our inviting outdoor fire pits. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.