The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

The hotel is presented to an extremely high standard.
The rooms were clean and spacious.
The service was to a high standard.
The meals were nice.
Location was great. The surrounding houses were beautiful.
I would recommend this hotel without hesitation and loom forward to my next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for choosing the Strathallan and for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased to hear you found our hotel to be amazing; we couldn't agree more! We appreciate you recommending us so highly, and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
South Pasadena, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very nice, quiet, well appointed in lovely, walkable neighborhood...generous with use of shuttle- I never hired a taxi and was carted from airport, to dinner, and to the distant hospital campus where I was consulting.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan for your recent business trip. We are so pleased to hear our complimentary shuttle was able to help in getting you all the places you needed to be. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Rochester.
Rochester, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

For $209/night I'd expect a jacuzzi, but a great upscale experience overall. The room was right next to the elevator and was kinda loud whenever it was used. Not awful but not great. Should be noted on the room when booking and maybe even reduced in price as a result of.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Eric B
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate all guest feedback and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Friendly staff, spacious room, clean, quiet. Great location, too - walked to Eastman House and Memorial Art Gallery. Breakfast was good, though a bit pricey. Excellent coffee! Overall, nice, relaxing experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan. We are so pleased to hear you found our staff friendly, enjoyed our location, and had a nice relaxing stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Abingdon, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My second stay this week was for two nights in Rochester at the Doubletree Strathallan located within the Arts district. When I arrived I was thankful that I was staying for two nights in this boutique-style Hilton property that upon arrival offers guests complimentary parking. While the entire valet team was nice, special thanks to James who was pleasant in discussing the surrounding properties and neighborhoods. The property is meticulously well-maintained. At breakfast one morning I witnessed staff out front picking up litter on the front grounds by hand. There is a rear patio and the on-site restaurant; Char has outdoor seating. My end-of-hall king suite was great with features like an in-room safe, wet bar, microwave and refrigerator. The room was nicely decorated and I loved the balconies off the bed and living rooms. Floors 5-8 are dedicated Hilton Honors Floors and with the exception of the guests directly above me moving furniture or something, the floor was quiet during my two nights. I did order room service which was quick. The burger was a tad over-cooked and too char-grilled for my tastes, but maybe it was supposed to be that way, hence the name of the restaurant. The hotel offers a shuttle and there was a town car parked in front. I had a rental for my trip and did not use the shuttle. A great stay in a great property. Looking for a reason to come back to Rochester and stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room farthest away from the elevator for the balconies.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Our entire staff is so proud to be a part of this wonderful property and we are very pleased when our guests recognize this in them. We are happy you enjoyed your time with us so much and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Robina, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My son and I spent 9 nights here in July and were extremely happy with our choice.
I had requested a quiet room via email and was allocated a high floor far from the elevators so was very thankful - our room was blissfully quiet, despite staying over 2 weekends that were busy with weddings.
Beds were very comfortable and we were grateful for the mini fridge and also the laundry was convenient to use on our longer stay.
What truly made our stay special was the friendly staff - the housekeeping staff, front desk but especially at the restaurant at breakfast each day who greeted us warmly and after a few days knew our orders without asking! When next in Rochester we will definitely return here for our next stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and for taking the time to write such a great review. We are so pleased to hear that you and your son enjoyed your extended stay with us. Our staff is amazing and we are glad they are what made your stay so fantastic and that you were comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Rochester.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I loved this hotel and found many attributes worthy of a good review. The rooms are large, clean, and quiet. The hotel staff is friendly and efficient. I really liked the location and the free shuttle to the airport. I had excellent service from the bartender for both lunch and breakfast. The food and drinks are pricey, so be prepared for high entertainment costs. This site is within walking distance to some great restaurants, including a very cute area with breakfast and coffee shops.
Staying in this Hilton property made me question my loyalty to Marriott properties. I was traveling on business, for which I typically use Marriott, but the Strathallan had much better pricing for this trip. I am glad I found this hotel and would choose to stay here if I was visiting Rochester for vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and Hilton for your recent business trip and for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review. We are thrilled to hear that you loved our beautiful property and that you found our excellent staff to be friendly and efficient. We are fortunate to have an amazing team working here and are very proud of all of them.We appreciate the many compliments, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Rochester.