“New, clean, relaxing, spot the hookers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The East Avenue Inn & Suites

The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Rochester, New York
“New, clean, relaxing, spot the hookers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Having lived in Rochester all my life, The East Avenue Inn & Suites have had many different names. Finally, they are fixing it up and it is looking good. They will be putting in a restaurant later on. My son came in for a wedding and stayed there over the weekend. I spent 4 hours with him and this is what I saw. Hall still has the odor of new, but room does not. The suite was clean, great pillows, might need a crane to lift you into bed, it is extremely high! I did hear noise from the second floor but it might have been the cleaning crew. I could not hear them while they were on the floor where my son's room was. The TV was terrific, Samsung LCD, maybe, 2 nice chairs, sofa, 2 windows.
True the Inn is downtown. Gustos Restaurant Italian Bistro, the Pita Pocket, and a bar are right across the street. The Little Theater is down the block. Great place to stay for Jazz Fest. or any of Rochester's downtown events.
The only thing is when 2 women, dressed or undressed as it seems, asked us where a store was! They do have security, but....do not walk down Alexander Street to Main. They have problems with hookers, thought there is a police presence.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rubywitch1
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the East Avenue Inn & Suites and post some of your photos. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and are happy you took advantage of some of our neighborhood's many fine restaurants and theaters.

We are aware of the crime problems that can affect downtown Rochester. While our neighborhood, the East End, is generally understood to be a safe one, we are proactive against potential disturbances by keeping appropriate personnel on site. Additionally, our recent renovation includes the installation of brand-new electronic hotel locks and a top-of-the-line network of security cameras for the parking lot and common areas. Most importantly we maintain good relationships with local law enforcement and the residents and businesses in this neighborhood who also strive to keep Rochester a clean and safe city to visit.

We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

After taking a tour of the newly renovated East Ave In and Suites me and my wife decided that it was a great location to recommend for visitors from out of state to stay at for our wedding. The location right next to all the downtown entertainment was great to keep our visitors busy while we were not entertaining them. The rooms themselves were beautiful, everything from the carpet, bed and LED TVs were brand new. I doubt there was a square inch in the place that was not remodeled. The layout, design and decorations of the rooms were very impressive. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and did a great job as well.

The first thing all our guests said when they saw us was how nice the rooms were. It made us feel real good that we could recommend a hotel that our guests loved staying at. I would HIGHLY recomend the East Ave Inn and Suites to anyone that needs to put up out of town visitors or anyone visiting Rochester. The combination of location, amenities and staff can not be beat!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Loren6458
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the East Avenue Inn & Suites. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and we're happy you took advantage of some of the many dining and entertainment options our neighborhood is known for. We hope to see your again soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

My friends and I had an amazing experience. We traveled from Ohio for our friends wedding. We were very happy with our stay. The staff was extremely nice and very helpful. The hotel is very reasonably priced as well as very clean. I had stayed in a room with two other people; we needed extra blankets because I was going to sleep on the couch that pulled out into a bed. The staff brought the blankets to the door rather quickly and even offered to make the bed for me. Super friendly!!! The hotel ambiance was outstanding. As a designer, I am hardly impressed with certain hotel décor, but I was very impressed!!! The hotel is newly finished with modern furniture and finishes. Any person could tell that the hotel had recently been renovated. There was new corridor finishes and lighting, the bedrooms were very spacious as well as nicely arranged. Bathroom was clean and with complementary bath and body works lotion, shampoo and soap, not the typical cheap hotel toiletries. The toilet room also has a personal makeup mirror and vanity area. Spacious closet, huge tv, I-pod dock, the works… They really thought of everything to make the guest feel comfortable and at home. All-in-all I had an amazing stay at this hotel and would highly recommend staying there. Thank you for the terrific experience!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank ashley c
, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you for choosing The East Avenue Inn & Suites! We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and we are happy you are sharing your experience with others. We hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

My sister and I only spent one night here on a weekend. We picked the hotel for the location which was excellent! In middle of the entertaiment district.
The room was not modern, but clean and spacious. There was plenty of towels and toiletpaper, and the bed was clean and comfortable.
The receptionist was friendly and helpful, and knowlageble about the area. We needed a wine opener and iron, and it was brought up immediately after we called the front desk.
The price was ok, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Thank you for choosing The East Avenue Inn & Suites! We're glad you enjoyed your stay here. We hope you return and try out our brand new Deluxe Guest Rooms and Suites later this summer.
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed there for a night a few weeks ago. Was in town for Jersey Boys. The door we were told to go too wouldn't open. FINALLY we found an alternative door to use. Left Saturday Morning,and by Saturday night I had PINK EYE ! Not only in one eye but BOTH ! So staying here for 1 night not only cost me the price of the room,but 2 DAYS of work( about 350 dollars),a prescription for eye drops that were $101 dollars, and the cost to replace ALL my make up ! Do they wash the damn sheets? I know there had to be kids in the room,because when I turned the TV on it was on Nickolodeon,,NEVER WILL STAY HERE AGAIN ! UNREAL !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Teresa T
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Thank you for choosing The East Avenue Inn. We're sorry you had an unpleasant stay. We hope you try our hotel again after our 2012 renovation is complete. All of our rooms are being remodeled to feature contemporary styling and imaginative design elements complementary to the artistic and musical East Avenue neighborhood. The first of our remodeled rooms will be available this summer 2012.
Trumansburg, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

This inn is being renovated-thankfully. It is in the entertainment district. We stayed there so that we could walk to the Rochester Broadway Theatre League theatre. We had seen reviews that warned about parking vandalism near the theatre. The location was a nice 4 block walk and allowed us to dine at a good Italian Rest.-Gusto (good, not great-dinner with wine +tip less than $60). I was reminded of a Soviet Prison although I've never been in one. There were stains everywhere and holes in the spread. It clearly hadn't been upgraded in 30 years. HOWEVER, The bed was very comfortable- better than I've had in 5 star hotels-go figure. If you don't care about amenities, e.g. not even a hair drier and only one electrical outlet in the austere bathroom (and across from the sink and counter) the location is not bad, and you will sleep well. otherwise, wait for them to complete the renovation

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing The East Avenue Inn. We hope you try our hotel again after our 2012 renovation is complete. New rooms will start to become available this summer and are designed with customers like you in mind. They are styled to complement the artistic and musical side of Rochester seen in venues like the Rochester Broadway Theatre League and fine restaurants like Gusto.
Ithaca, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Place was sketchy, inside & out. Room & bedding was dingy. I checked in at night, and failed to notice a condom wrapper under the edge of the bed until I was gathering my things for check-out. I cannot picture a reason for someone to stay here, other than it being the last room left in the county...even then. I bet the YMCA has a better room.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
The East Avenue Inn & Suites is under new ownership. Brand New Premium guest rooms and suites will be available May 1 2012.