“Great Stay”

Residence Inn Rochester West/Greece
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We had a very comfortable 1 bedroom suite with a king bed. The room had plenty of amenities - right down to a jar of candy. There were laundry facilities on our floor. The breakfast was pleasantly complete for a chain hotel, including fresh eggs and ham. There were plenty of restaurants nearby for dinner and the hotel was located conveniently close to the expressway. Very nice family stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Beentheredonethat777

Reviewed 11 September 2013

My wife and two daughters stayed here and was amazed at the wonderful 2 bedroom suite. Both bedrooms had their own bathroom and the 2 bedrooms were seperated by a large sized living area with a fireplace. The hotel looked fairly new and was very clean and quiet. Although we only stayed there for 2 nights the room was so great that we could have been there for a week and still enjoyed the spacious rooms.The breakfast buffet was also great with a selection of good hot and cold food. The woman who was there on the weekend was very friendly and happy.

Room Tip: It would all be great
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had four rooms for two nights while visiting Greece, NY for a wedding. We found the staff to be friendly and very accommodating. The weekend breakfast was very good and the servers wonderful (the front desk personnel also). We did note that the rooms' finishes seem very worn and in need of a refresh.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Roadwarrior D
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom loft suite with two bathrooms. There were five adults and there was plenty of room. The room had everything you would need for an extended stay. The swimming pool and barbeque area were nice to have, and the fire pit is a nice added touch. I always think it is a big positive when hotels have an outdoor area that is availalbe to relax in if the weather is good. We didn't get to go into the pool, as it was a little rainy, but it looked clean and well cared for.

The breakfast had lots of choices and was laid out well.

The only issue we had was when the bedding was opened for the sofa bed, the comforter was stained and didn't look like it had been washed. When i mentioned this to the front desk the next day, they were very apologetic and ended up compensating us without my even having to ask.

Otherwise, it was a great stay. I would definately go back

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We just recently stayed here (Aug 2,3) for 2 nights in a 2BR suite with a fireplace. Didn't use the fireplace, so I can't comment on it. Our family of 4 (me and hubby, and a 3.5 yo and a 14 month old) had plenty of room. Both bedrooms had its own full bathroom. The baby stayed in a playpen (courtesy of hotel) in one room-- the smaller one. I believe it had a king bed, and with the playpen set up there wasn't much room to move around. Our 3.5 yo slept comfortably on the "couch-bed" by himself, and my husband and I had the other room-- which was HUGE! King bed with plenty of room. The kitchenette was great-- able to keep cold packs in the freezer and milk and some munchies in the fridge. Everything in this suite (Rm 318) was spotless! I let my younger son crawl around with no worries. Picked him up and his hands and knees were still clean! The carpet was still fluffy-- maybe it had just been renovated? He even pulled himself up for the first time- yay!! Breakfast was fine. Usual hot/cold assortment. Had biscuits and sausage gravy Sunday morning- yum! Both sons loved the pancakes and waffles. Able to take fruit for snacks later in the day. This room was right by the elevator, but we weren't bothered by any noise. Could hear the odd toilet flushing-- I think it's eco-friendly-- quite the gush of air-- but I maybe heard 2-3 toilet the 2 days in addition to whenever we flushed. The manager's social in the evenings are only Mon-Thur I think. The menu for the month was posted on the fridge- quite the variety of food. Would stay here again! Close to the Seneca Zoo, the Strong Museum of Play... The front staff were great-- I hadn't realized that the sheets and stuff for the sofabed were in the other BR-- where the baby was already sleeping so I took a nice walk down to the front desk and they gave me fitted and flat sheets right away!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have relatives in Batavia and Silver Lake, NY, and I had to move from this hotel due to location, but when I stayed here, it was excellent. They had a good variety of breakfast choices, and there was a good bit to do just in the hotel. From the sport court, to the lounge, to the pool and fitness centers, this place was very nice.

Room Tip: Try to stay closer to activities in hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This place has everything one could want. Including outdoor courts and family activities. The only problem with the activities is that they only occur Monday-Thursday. Because of this I didn't get to experience them but they looked like a lot of fun. This Inn also has a feature where the staff will go grocery shopping for you if you give them a list and they will stock your kitchen. There is no extra fee for this you only pay for the food they bought.

The rooms are spacious and very modern. I would recommend this place.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family