“Quiet, clean, convenient”

Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Buffalo, New York
“Quiet, clean, convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

The room was a little dated and the wallpaper obviously patched in places, but the room was pretty large, clean, quiet, and had a great view of the water. Staff was friendly and helpful, lobby was beautiful. We were attending a concert at a nearby venue, so the location was very convenient (and there was a discounted rate for concertgoers). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Korean first
Queretaro City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

The Radisson Rochester is a nice property on the Genesee River in downtown Rochester. We were there recently visiting family in the city for Thanksgiving. The room that we were given was overlooking the river. There is a pedestrian bridge over the river in front of the hotel and there are city walking routes in Rochester when the weather cooperates.

The room was spacious with two queen size beds, a desk, lounge chair and matching ottoman. There was a flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi. There was plenty of space in the closet for hanging your cloths. I like a bathroom with a soap dish and this bathroom had a glass soap dish on the marble counter. Very nice but your mileage may vary.

Off the lobby there is a nice bar and restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Security in the hotel is very good. There is ample parking in the garage for a small daily fee.

Room Tip: Overlooking the river
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We are glad that you enjoyed your room and the service that our team provided. Our goal is to exceed all of our guest's satisfaction and we look forward to your next visit to Rochester!
Jordan, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

this was my 3rd stay at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside. First was in July 2010, second stay in July 2011, 3rd stay November 24-26, 2011.

We were promised riverside adjoining rooms upon calling 2 x ahead (once when booking a month ago, and again when calling 2 days in advance. We instead received top floor parking lot view rooms, non-adjoining.

We were 4 women sharing 2 rooms for a shopping trip. Each of our rooms had ONE bar of soap, one shampoo. During my previous stays, there were always two soaps (one for the sink, one for the tub) shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and other items. There were no notepads or pens.. the tv cable system no longer offers movies to rent, and offers very few channels with no tv guide. The hotel seems to be cutting costs and services in a great way without cutting price.

One of our rooms had severe water damage in the ceiling, and the other had lots of cracked tiles in the washroom. The toilet paper and kleenex have been changed to very coarse hard paper.. very cheap.

The washroom in the gymn was not cleaned or attended to, it was in very poor condition.

My previous stays were surprisingly good, we felt the hotel in the past should have been upgraded from a 3*... however, in 4 short months we now feel this hotel is no longer worthy of it's 3 - 3 1/2 star rating.

The restaurant, however remains good, we had Thanksgiving dinner, and two breakfasts in Legends restaurant and were pleased as always.

Room Tip: requesting and being told over the phone that you have a certain room, does NOT mean you have it.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We are disappointed that your experience was less than favorable. Although, I am confident that the issues that you experienced were isolated, I have personally followed up with our team to address your concerns. If your travels bring you back to Rochester in the future, please contact me directly so I can assure that your expectations are exceeded.
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

I had a very good rate booked online but when I read the reviews on TripAdvisor, I was worried as there was reference about the garage safety and quality of the rooms. We were pleased to have a parking garage that allows us to walk straight to the lobby. It was well lit mainly with bright white lights although there are a couple of older yellow lights. If the hotel can replace them all, that would be great. Yes the hotel is an older facility but relatively well maintained. The rooms are a good size, clean and bright. The bathroom is clean and I agree with one reviewer - the caulking can be refreshed. TV worked well and no issues with reception. Overall we were satisfied with the hotel. Note that I travel a lot on business

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

The hotel is located next to the convention center and has a walkover. That is very convenient. The staff are very nice and everyone does a good job to help you enjoy your stay. The room was a bit small, but adequate. The banquet staff did a very good job serving lots of people. The problem I had is that I did feel sale where it is located. Some of the people around the hotel at all hours seemed to be on drugs or on something that was impairing them. I felt like if I walked out on the street by myself, the chances I would get mugged were better then average. It is definitely not a hotel from which to walk to places. Just get in your car and drive to another part of town. The parking garage even was a bit scary. Though it was enclosed by a chain link fence, we were told to put everything in the trunk and let nothing be seen in the car as it would likely be broken into. Seeing the people that surrounded the parking garage, I believe that was accurate. Though I had nothing happen to me that was adverse and there were some very good restaurants nearby, I would choose another hotel in a different part of town unless I just had to attend a convention at the convention center, which I did.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the close proximity of our hotel to the Rochester Riverside Convention Center. As it relates to the area surrounding the property, we continue to work closely with our hotel security staff and the Downtown Rochester Community to ensure safety and security for all of our guests. We look forward to your next trip to Rochester!
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Overall a very enjoyable stay, large room, view, quality linens, comfortable beds, etc. Only 2 problems. First, the tile around the tub and shower needed attention. There was mold and tiles that appeared to have loosened or were at least not applied correctly and made the bath area unsightly. Second, the TV reception was not particularly good. Legends restaurant offers a variety of food of good quality and being in the hotel was a plus when we needed a quick bite to eat.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. We are disappointed that your experience was less than satisfying. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team and I am confident that it will assist us in improving our product and service. Please contact me directly the next time that you are in Rochester and I will personally ensure that you expectations are exceeded.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

Not as nice as a few other Radisson properties I've stayed at but acceptable. Was shocked when I looked at the ceiling in the closet, photo attached, but I guess a building of this age is going to show some wear. Vanity in bathroom updated but older shower tile and toilet that made noise all night long. Nice newer furnishings, carpeting, and very comfortable sleep number bed. End tables seemed to have some sort of cleaning product residue that made them appear dirty. Thin walls, I could hear people coming/going quite easily. Parking is an additional $7 daily but worth the convenience as the neighborhood is not great.

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We are glad that you enjoyed our Sleep Number beds! Although we are disappointed that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations, we are continually reinvesting to improve the quality of our guest rooms and public areas. Feedback like yours is extremely valuable in our efforts to further improve our overall product.