“Well the bar is nice”

Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Well the bar is nice”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

The internet is horribly slow, don't expect to be able to do even a small amount of work here. And if you have the bad luck to have an early morning appointment and need to grab breakfast in the restaurant you can have an untoasted whatever (the toaster is broken) for $15. I was gone from 7:30 am to 2:00pm and my room was not cleaned.
I've been to Rochester many times and stayed in this hotel when it was inexpensive and run by the Clarion group. I hadn't stayed here since it became a Radisson, but you sort of expect it would have stepped up, when it is now the premier brand. Well it does have modest updates, but it just isn't worth the price. Stay at one of the Country Inns and Suites in nearby Brighton or Henrietta, there you get what you expect.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! I apologize for your inconvenience. I am disappointed that you were not satisfied with your Internet or breakfast experience. I have addressed these concerns with our team and I am confident that we will exceed your expectations during your next stay at our property. In fact, we are in the process of upgrading our Internet system so as to provide a faster connection. Please contact me directly so that I may personally make your room reservations the next time you are in town. Safe Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 May 2012

The hotel has a very friendly staff and good amenities. On a recent business trip, after departing the hotel and on a flight to Baltimore, I noticed my wedding ring was missing. When on the ground in BWI, I called the hotel which put me in touch with the Director of Security, Charles Platania. He went up to the room immediately, found the ring which had fallen off the nightstand, and made arrangements to Fed-Ex it to me. I called back to see if the Hotel could charge my credit card extra to reward him for going over and above his duties in assistance to me but they said it was just part of the service. Employees like Charlie make this hotel a great place to stay. The hotel is clean, quiet, and very hospitable. It almost makes you think it is in the South (Ha).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and are glad that Charlie was able to assist in finding and returning your missing wedding ring! I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to him directly. We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We made a reservation for this hotel months ahead of time because of a concert located nearby. Most hotels are given to people age 18 and older. However, this hotel has a rule of 21 and older. I would have been fine with that, except the website failed to provide information about that and when making the reservations I was not told that. I am only a few months shy of 21 and we drove six hours and were denied our reserved room. I was absolutely furious that I had to drive home. Also, the parking garage wanted to charge us even though we were not given a room. When we finally got home, we were also charged 70 dollars for canceling. I called to complain and they told me that we never showed up. I will NEVER stay at this hotel or recommend it to anyone else. The parking garage and entrance to the hotel smelled and did not look nice anyway.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank anonymous127
I apologize for the inconvenience associated with your recent reservation. I am disappointed that our reservation's department did not inform you in advance of our age requirement. I have reviewed your concerns with our team and we have refunded your cancellation fee.
Elmont, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2012

A very good hotel. Very clean rooms and excellent service. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. After I checked out I noticed I had left serveral items in the room. I called from the airport and spoke to a gentleman named Dan in security who found my items and had it mailed to me.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! Cleanliness and Great Guest Service is what our property is all about! I will pass along you kind words to Dan. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Rochester!
Albany, New York, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2012

There were a lot of things that weren't good about our stay here. To begin with, we had requested a room with 2 queen beds and a microwave and refrigerator. They gave us a room with 2 queens but neither of the appliances. We were travelling with a 4 year old and a 6 week old infant and specifically needed those things. They could only give us a room with a king so we had to get an extra crib for the baby.
That was still ok but the blanket in the king room had tons of hair on it as if it hadn't been cleaned in ages!!! That was very disgusting! They did however change the sheets and bedding quickly.
The next day, after a long day when we got back to the room, for whatever reasons, housekeeping had taken away our used bath soap never bothering to replace it with a new one. So it was a lot of little things that were annoying but the dirty blankets is why I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. We are disappointed that your room experience was less than satisfying. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our reservations and housekeeping teams and I am confident that it will assist us in improving our product and service.
Lockport, New York
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I booked 35 rooms for two nights at this hotel. We attended a dance competition in Rochester and had over 65 kids with us. This hotel was absolutely fantastic with accomidating all of our familes and was beautiful inside. The person in charge of our group booking, Devin was fantastic to work with. The price was reasonable and all of the employees were very helpful. I will be sure to always use this hotel when ever we are in Rochester!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We are glad that your expectations were exceeded! I am very proud of the efforts of our team and especially Devin and his involvement with your group. We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I'll start my review by noting that the hotel is about to undergo a renovation - I assume so based on the A-Frame in the lobby showing new carpet, wallpaper, draperies choices etc.

This is not a BAD property in it's current condition. There are just a lot of small details that seemed missed:
* Long black hair on the bed upon checkin
* In-room coffeemaker in an awkward spot (end table next to armchair). Had to move the armchair to squeeze between the table and the wall to plug in the coffeemaker every morning. Awkward.
* In-room microwave plopped on padded bench across from the bed. Awkward!
* Visibly peeling and scuffed wallpaper in the room
* Refreshing of the room was inconsistent - some days I'd get 2 water glasses back, some days I'd get the coffee creamer refilled - some days not.

This property has a lot of potential - and they understand service. I was granted 10,000 Carlson points after advising them that I'd not ordered, but received, a 4:15am wake up call. They just need to tighten up the details and appearance of the property a smidge.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sean H
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We are disappointed that your experience was less than favorable. I have personally followed up with our team to address your concerns and am confident in our ability to deliver first rate guest service. If you travels bring you back to Rochester in the future, please contact me directly so I can assure that your expectations are exceeded.