“Where there's smoke there's money.” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Hamburg, New York
“Where there's smoke there's money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Having limited financial resources. was charged 250 dollars for smoking in the room. call the hotel and they refund our money. took a while to get the money back. and that cost us way more than we saved. the room has scuff marks on the walls, curtains had stains on them that look like somebody blew their nose. we had a great time in the city of rochester that memorial weekend, regardless.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you provided during your recent stay at our property. We recently became one of the first properties in downtown Rochester to become 100% smoke free. I apologize for the condition of your room and have addressed your concerns with my housekeeping team. We look forward to your next visit to Rochester.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
Vestal, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

My husband and I had to stay at the Radisson while we attended a conference. The location of this hotel was not great. When we pulled up at 3:00pm we noticed police cars everywhere and tons of people standing outside the hotel, we were concerned. The outside of the hotel is two shades of pink so again, I was concerned. When we walked into the lobby we noticed it was brown and lime green. It was not horrible to look at but I did say to my husband "oh no, what do you think the room was is like?". He laughed. Check in was awesome, quick and very friendly. We got to room and I was pleasantly surprised, very clean, very nice, decorated good (gold's, whites and reds) and we had the view of the river!!! We were very glad to see the outter decor of the hotel did not represent the rooms! The staff was amazing, I can not stress this enough. They were friendly and very helpful every time we had a concern or question. We stayed for two nights and three days and there were three conferences going on and it was never crowded or loud. The cleaning staff cleaned our rooms early so we got to enjoy a clean room during the breaks of the conference. The food at the Legands bar downstairs was great! The best hotel food we have had thus far (and we have been in many hotels). I liked that the bar was seperate so if bring our kids we will not feel like they are eatting in a bar.

The only bit of advice I would give is to not go out at night if you plan on walking. The area was not good. We did not feel safe, we had people asking for money, someone spit three times right in front of us while we were walking (it was 5:00pm and sunny still) one group of men walked towards us and one guy yelled "well don't you two look pretty walking". We were nervous enough to go back to the room and eat in the hotel. The next night we drove to the mall about 15 miles away and ate at PF Changs and shopped and had a great night. The area the hotel is located is not safe at all. Inside the hotel walls you are very safe but stepping out I would not recommend unless you are with a group. Plan on driving to your destinations.

Overall, I will give this trip at this hotel an 8.5 out of 10. For just the hotel itself (if you can overlook the old decor on the outside) a 10!

Will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the river! Stunning view with view of Kodak building and other aweso...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! I am glad that you were pleasantly surprised with the quality of our newly renovated guest rooms as well as our amazing staff and the quality of food in Legends Sports Bar & Grill. I am very proud of our team and their efforts to provide 100% guest satisfaction! As it relates to the area surrounding the property, we continue to work closely with our hotel security staff and the Downtown Rochester Community to ensure safety and security for all of our guests. We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed here at the start of a Canadian vacation and felt that the hotel provided all we needed. It was basically clean and check in and out were easy. The only problem was that the restaurant was apparently not open (it was Sunday night) and we walked around in it for a while until a boy told us he did not know about it. Fortunately the sports bar next to it was open and we had a nice meal and good service with Jacob, who hustles. Since I had been comped on the stay due to a previous bad one at the Lansing,MI Radisson, the only charge was the $7 parking and the clerk waived it since that was it. I liked to hotel location next to the convention center and river.

Room Tip: Get a higher level room with a river view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the close proximity of our hotel to the convention center! We apologize that our restaurant was not open on Sunday evening but are glad you were able to experience Legends Sports Bar and the great service of Jacob! We look forward to your next visit to Rochester!
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I recently stayed at the Radisson Hotel Riverside where I stayed for an event at the Eastman Kodak Theatre. From the time we checked in with Dan at the front desk to the time of our check out everything was TOP NOTCH!! The employees are simply wonderful.More specifically, I would like to especially thank Charlie the Director of Security for going the extra mile with his superb customer service. I realized when I returned home that I had left a couple of items in the room. I called the hotel and was transferred to Charlie. He took my number and said he would call back and HE DID! He located the items and made arrangements to have them shipped to me. Most importantly, he wasn't bothered or annoyed, he was understanding and very pleasant to deal with.I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Rochester area!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! Your feedback is important to us and allows us to continue to improve the level of our product and service! ! I am very proud of the efforts of our team and especially Dan for the great check in and Charles for assisting you with your lost items. We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed here last weekend for two nights. Received some great advice on local restaurants etc. The place is clean and comfortable. The key to my review however is the service I received after having left the hotel.

We rushed out early on Sunday morning, and realized a few hours later that I had left my passport and a $100 bill in the room. I called a couple times, left a few messages and spoke to a few people in security. I was told they would check the room and get back to me. Not really expecting to hear anything, I received a call back promptly saying that they had found the $100 but no passport. I later received a call from Charlie, the head of security, stating that he went up to the room himself to do a second check and found my passport as well.

He then went out of his way to make arrangements to expedite shipping of the passport and $100 back to me. Guy is the man.

All in all, I was hoping to get my passport back, but was shocked to hear that someone found the $100 and turned it in too. Can't thank these people enough, saved me a huge headache.

Would definitely refer this hotel and will stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! Our focus is to provide each and every guest with the best product and service possible! I am glad that Charlie was able to assist with the location of your money and passport! We look forward to your next visit to Rochester!
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

I recently stayed at the Radisson Hotel Riverside where I also attended a wedding. The food was great and the hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely courteous. In addition, I left my suit jacket at the hotel restaurant, and security (thanks Charlie), mailed my suit coat to me after they found it! I would recommend this hotel without any reservation. A+

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate you giving us an A+ for our service! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding that you attended. I will pass along your gratitude to Charlie! We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I recently stayed here 3 nights for a conference. The room was modern and clean, I was very comfortable and had a good night's sleep every night. The staff was also friendly and helpful, especially the shuttle drivers who took me on numerous short trips.
The major downsides to this property are, the lack of good dinning options within a short walk, the internet service while free was very slow and spotty, and the maid service was less than stellar. I'm not a huge fan of in room coffee but do like to have the option to have a cup before facing the world. I brewed a cup the first day, after that my dirty mug stayed in the room with me for the rest of my stay and the coffee was never replenished. Also the air conditioner was set to 54 one day and left that way, when I can into my room to get ready for bed it was an icebox.
If I come back to Rochester and need to stay downtown I'll look for another hotel, one that is closer to the School of Music. That area had more dinning options and a great coffee shop, Javas.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided regarding your stay! We are glad that you enjoyed your room and apologize for the inconvenience of not having your coffee replenished. I have addressed your concerns with our team and am confident that this will not happen in the future. Feel free to call me personally the next time that you are in Rochester and I would be happy to ensure your 100% satisfaction. Safe Travels!