“My Wedding at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Rochester, New York, United States
“My Wedding at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

We just wanted to take a minute to thank the Radisson Hotel and their wonderful staff for the great work. We were married here June 9, 2012. We actually started planning April 18, 2012 (only 7 weeks prior to the event). Alison made this process so easy and seamless. It was possibly the easiest event I have planned (and folks I am not easy to impress, I do event planning as part of my job at work). I have received nothing but compliments from my family and friends about the service, the food, location everything. Jeffrey and Allison were so attentive of our needs it was great. Best part was at the end of the night, club sandwiches, champagne and cake waiting in our room. A special thank you to Carli Constable for making me aware of the room availability. I would recommend to anyone planning an event or wedding to give the folks at the Radisson Riverside-Weddings a call. You won't be disappointed... Mr. & Mrs. Angel Torres

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Congratulations on your marriage and thank you for providing a review on your wedding reception that was held at our property. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that your special occasion exceeded your expectations. I am very proud of the efforts of Carli, Allison and Jeffrey and will be sure to pass along your kind words. If we can ever be of assistance in the future, please let us know.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Korean first
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Debbie, our waitress for breakfast, which we usually don't eat in a hotel restaurant, was excellent. She was friendly, but not too friendly. Debbie was able to give us good suggestions about our next destination - best way to get there, things to do, and her personal favorites which we followed and agreed with. That was the best winery!

Jim, head of food and beverage, noticed my husband looking like he needed help in the lobby. He was able to answer the history of Genessee beer for him, continued an informative discussion about other things in Rochester, and treated us well at the bar.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside. I am glad that both Debbie and Jim took great care of you in Legend’s Restaurant and bar. We look forward to your next visit. Safe travels!
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Attended a wedding there this past weekend. My fiancé and I had a wonderful time. Front desk was extremely helpful and showed great hospitality. Being in the service industry myself hospitality is always something I look for. The bartenders during the reception were especially excellent as they remembered me by name as well what I was drinking. A+ Visit!

Room Tip: Get one with the riverside view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of our property! We are glad that you enjoyed the wedding that you attended and that our staff provided you with outstanding service! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit to the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside.
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

If we could give this zero stars we would. Service was non-existent, food was cold, we were the ONLY ones in the bar and the bartender ignored us........we used to come by after work for happy hours and good food and a friendly atmosphere.....what happened??? Never again. Do not recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank brooklynwiz
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your experience at Legend's Bar & Grille! I apologize for your inconvenience. I am disappointed that you were not satisfied with your dinning experience. I have addressed these concerns with our team and I am confident that we will exceed your expectations during your next visit. Please contact me directly so that I may personally make your room reservations the next time you are in town. Safe Travels!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

We have been staying at the Radisson for the past 4 years for homeschool conferences and have always enjoyed our stay. This past stay our son left his ring in the shower and had forgotten to grab it. We called the hotel right away and asked if they would check to see if was still there. We received a call back from the head security gentleman named Charlie and he had found it in the tub drain which he so graciously took apart to find. He was very friendly and helpful on the phone. Thank you so much Charlie for your intuition to keep looking and finding our sons ring. I always look closely when we leave so nothing is left behind and could not understand why I did not see it. Now I know why, it was in the tub drain!!! The Radisson is blessed to have such a committed employee. Thank you!!

We also were in need of finding an ATM machine. Being from PA we did not know our way around the city, but we were going to use our GPS and try. Well, we had our van and trailor parked in front of the motel and my husband did not want to lose our spot. A gentleman from the motel was leaving to use the escort van and we asked him if we left with our van if we would still have our spot? He said probably not and offered to drive us to an ATM. We could tell he was in a hurry, but he offered his help. He was very gracious in helping us find and ATM.

Thank you for employees who care about the needs of others and are not just there to "do their job".

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Margaret S
Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided regarding your stay! We are glad that you enjoyed your experience at our property and I am especially proud of Charlie's and the rest of our service team’s efforts! I will pass along your feedback to Charlie and look forward to your next visit to our property!
Central Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

The personnel at this Raddisson there were sincerely helpful and welcoming. Rooms comfortable and they are currently remodelling rooms. The newer rooms have spacious work areas and lots of outlets, some have refridge. Restaurant in the hotel surprisingly good. Had a chargrilled chicken breast, steamed veggetables and baked potato that was tasty, plus an affordable breakfast, and an accessible bar on premesis. This is a good assest since within the hotel. The only drawback during this stay was the tawdry parking garage and unfortunate downtown surrounds. The conference facilities in the second floor worked well and were comfortable.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! I am glad that you enjoyed your newly renovated gustrom, found our staff friendly and that you enjoyed the food in Legend's Restaurant. As it relates to the area surrounding the property, we continue to work closely with our hotel security staff and the Downtown Rochester Community to ensure safety and security for all of our guests. We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Hamburg, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Having limited financial resources. was charged 250 dollars for smoking in the room. call the hotel and they refund our money. took a while to get the money back. and that cost us way more than we saved. the room has scuff marks on the walls, curtains had stains on them that look like somebody blew their nose. we had a great time in the city of rochester that memorial weekend, regardless.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you provided during your recent stay at our property. We recently became one of the first properties in downtown Rochester to become 100% smoke free. I apologize for the condition of your room and have addressed your concerns with my housekeeping team. We look forward to your next visit to Rochester.