“Great for business!”

Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Robbins, North Carolina, United States
“Great for business!”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Had a great time visiting this property, meeting the hotel staff and doing business with Jessica, the Senior Sales Manager. she is obviously an expert at her trade and will go out of her way to make sure her clients get a fair deal and have a good experience. The hotel is clean, attractive and has great space for business meetings.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel being a great property for business travelers. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along your kind words to Jessica! We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Korean first
Lancaster, NY
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This was our first stay here and we enjoyed it. The room was attractive, very clean, and the beds comfy. The staff was pleasant and accomodating. The restaurant personnel were very nice. We enjoyed a delicious Salmon dinner there one evening. Breakfast was served promptly. The hotel is very convenient, an easy walk (they also have a shuttle service) to the Blue Cross arena.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank M S
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the close proximity of our hotel to the Blue Cross Arena and downtown nightlife. I will pass along your kind comments to our service team! We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights. The room was fairly good sized, but then again it was a corner room and the largest room on the floor. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean, but not spotless (stains on the carpet, dirty windows). The neighborhood was very disappointing, not a place to explore with a family of four. As other reviewers have said, the river was slow moving, green and stinky...there were many people standing outside of the hotel waiting for the next bus (or loitering, doing nothing). On a short walk around the block in the morning, I noticed how desolate the area...and saw a drug deal. No nightlife and many vacant buildings and the local pizza shop closed at 6PM on a Friday night are examples of how this neighborhood appeared to me (although the hotel felt safe). I have stayed at worse, but at many better. Next time in Rochester? Well, not sure there will be a next time, but it definitely would be at a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside! We are glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest room but are disappointed that you had concerns regarding the area surrounding the hotel. We continue to work closely with our hotel security staff and the Downtown Rochester Community to ensure safety and security for all of our guests. If your travels bring you back to Rochester, please contact me directly and I would be happy to ensure your 100% satisfaction. Safe Travels!
Elmira, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Interesting story, really. I reserved a 1 bed king room. I get to the desk, slightly before the actual check-in time, and they said there were no king rooms left. I explained I have one reserved. She said "we have you in as two doubles". I show her the reservation on my phone. She says "let me see what I can do", and within one second, had my key cards and said "there was nothing i could do" with a sly smirk on her face. She never used the computer or the phone.
SO when I got to my room, I called the front desk on my cell phone and pretended to be a new guest and asked if there were any king rooms available. "yes, we have a few, would you like one?" I was told.

I let her know how I'm a current guest, and I was just told there weren't any even though I had reserved one. She was shocked and STUMPED. She put someone else on the phone, they were back pedaling as well. Finally, after four people, I was moved to an available king room.

I have since emailed Radisson's customer service twice, and have received NO response whatsoever. It's been three weeks.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jennifer607
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We are disappointed that your experience was less than favorable. Although, I am confident that the issues that you experienced were isolated, I have personally followed up with our team to address your concerns. If your travels bring you back to Rochester in the future, please contact me directly so I can assure that your expectations are exceeded.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We've stayed here several times. The staff is very nice, and when something goes wrong, they make it right- without us even complaining. The restaurant downstairs is nice. Be careful with room service! It's quite expensive. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Great location beside the river and close to Blue Cross Arena, etc. Dinosaurs ( great bbq) is within walking distance.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is the "quiet floor" where they put the pilots and a few other guests
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! We appreciate the fact that you would rate us a five star property and are thankful for your loyalty to our hotel. We pride ourselves on hiring the best staff that is engaged with our guests to ensure 100% satisfaction. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Rochester!
Toronto
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I had book the hotel on hotwire but I made a mistake on the dates and did not realize it. When I showed up a day late with my family the desk staff was very helpful in getting me through the mix up. In fact the staff was extremely helpful and friendly for our entire stay. The hotel is in a great location.

Room Tip: get a room over looking the river
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
The location of our property in relation to all that Rochester has to offer is one of convenience. We are pleased that you enjoyed your staff and the service that our team provided! We look forward to your next visit to Rochester!
Colorado
Reviewed 27 July 2012

As a frequent traveler, I find this to be one of the nicer hotels I've stayed in over the past few years. Well designed and equipped. Relaxing. Great restaurant service, especially from Deb, Mindy and Crystal. One of the few places I go that I look forward to returning to.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided regarding your stay! We are glad that you enjoyed your experience at our newly renovated property and in our Legend’s Restaurant! I am very proud of Deb, Mindy and Crystal and the rest of our service team’s efforts! I will pass along your feedback to the team and we look forward to your next visit to our property!