“Great experience”

Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Rochester, New York
“Great experience”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I've been staying at the Radisson Riverside for some time, on several different stays. Each stay was better than the next. The one time I had issues with a room, they were fixed within the day. Most employees are friendly and offer a hello and smile. The exception to this was someone from maid service. I love the Tuesday night Manager Reception.

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing the river side
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your loyalty and are glad that you have seen continual improvement in the quality of our product and service. We look forward to your next visit to The Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Korean first
West Henrietta, New York, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I enjoyed a very nice experience at Breakfast Legends Rochester Riverside. As a coffee Connoisseur, I found the coffee to be exquisite. I learned that there had been a recent decision to change coffee vendor/brand - GREAT decision Michael Marsch! Rich nutty roasted flavor, Delish!
The Hostess and waitress had bright smiles and I feel the service was wonderful.
I can tell you that my day was certainly off to a nice start by visiting Rochester Riverside. I feel my positive experience reflects the excellent management of Michael Marsch.
Best Regards,
Tamara M. Pickard

Room Tip: I did not spend the night
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided regarding your experience in Legends Restaurant! We are glad that you enjoyed the coffee and the service that you were provided by our restaurant team! I will pass along your feedback to the team and we look forward to your next visit to our property!
ARNPRIOR, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Hats off to Charlie Platania, the director of security at this hotel..my kids left some clothes behind in the closet of our room when we visited in July and Charlie was very helpful in us getting them back...he was very courteous and professional...he had the clothing packaged up and arranged for them to be shipped to a UPS store where we then picked them up!
thanks Charlie for your awesome customer service

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We are glad that your expectations were exceeded! I am very proud of the efforts of our team and especially Charles for assisting you with your missing belongings. We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My wife and I stayed here the night of 8/5/2012 for a wedding. Checked in around 1pm. I immediatly noticed 2 large yellow stains on the white comforter and a dirt streak. My wife saw a curly hair on the toilet and soap. I addressed the concern about the comforter immediatly and was told by the front desk they would send someone up to replace it. No one ever came. I addressed my concerns with Front Office Manager Plewa via an online survey who stated the Director of Housekeeping will ensure a similar situation does not occur again. Plewa did not address the hairs that were found on the toilet and soap. We were not offered a refund of comp.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided regarding your stay! I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your guest room. I have addressed your concerns with our team and am confident that this will not happen in the future. Feel free to call me personally (585) 546-6400 x-7200, the next time that you are in Rochester and I would be happy to ensure your 100% satisfaction. Safe Travels!
Lockport, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Stayed 3 nights for our yearly convention. Room was clean. Carpets and bedding were in excellent condition. The mattress was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. Every staff member was always attentive, pleasant, and honest. We had accidentally left some items behind and they were promptly returned to us by the Director of Security, Charles Platania. We've been staying at this hotel for many years and will be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the Genesee River. There are fireworks almost every night from the baseball fie...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated hotel! I will pass along your thanks to Charlie! We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Helen, Georgia
Reviewed 8 August 2012

OMG!! You have got to be kidding me!!! FIrst of all, this hotel used to be numerous other chains. That is the first sign that something is wrong. Can you say "substandard". Totally overrated. First room was dirty. Second room looked like it was from HOWARD JOHNSON hotel. Old. Old. Old. Filthy carpets. Hair in tub and on floor. Mirrors filthy. Stayed in room because too late to move. Woke up next morning. I could hear guest in next room as if we were both having tea in a garden. Moved to another room. Sleep number did not work. Still OLD. Their Legends Bar and Grill is tasteless. Don't even waste your money. Lobby is small. Their concierge lounge for guest on the 12th floor was closed and they wrote the following letter on the door, "Lounge is closed. We apologize for any incontinence this may bring." I think the word was supposed to be "inconvenience". GEEZ........the breakfast is horrible. I think they have better breakfast at Quality Inn. My husband had to use lobby bathroom. He pulled down baby changer station, it was full of feces. Do not use bathroom on first lobby floor. They have decorated the bathroom on second floor like Queen Anne's bathroom because this is their banquet floor. How ironic is that?? Got to room on last night. Dog was yelping all night in next doors room. Yes, they allow pets. There is absolutely not much to do anymore in Rochester. They tore mall down. You see vagrants walking all up and down the streets. They do have a Family Dollar right down the street. There are not even any fast foods to walk to. There is a Subway. I guess the only thing I was satisfied with was the ice from the ice machine and the shuttle driver was very very nice and accomodating. (Tall black guy whose been with them for over 3 years and also Jacqulyn from front desk. Please acknowledge them. Overall, having to pay anything over $70.00 is too much unless you have no other options. They actually have a disclaimer in their elevator saying "IF you cannot give us a 10, then let us know so we can solve problem". This is obviously for you to complain to them first before you go to reviews like these to tell the true reality of their hotel. So in essence, they already know that you cannot give a "10" for reviews or surveys........do you get my point.......I think you would be better off sleeping with the other hobos in the city near the garbage can.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Aspertame
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your experience and have addressed these concerns with our team. I am confident that we will exceed your expectations during your next stay at our property. Please contact me directly so that I may personally make your room reservations the next time you are in town so that I can ensure your 100% satisfaction.
Warsaw, NY
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a FANTASTIC stay here. Beautiful, clean room, friendly staff, phenomenal breakfast, and we loved that we were right in the middle of downtown and got to enjoy not only a beautiful view from our room, but a walking distance tour of the city. We cannot wait to stay again! The restaurant staff was very friendly, fast, and efficient...definitely a value for the dollar. Our room was spacious, clean, beautiful, and we had a sleep number bed so we slept great! thanks again for a lovely stay

Room Tip: i would get a room with a water view...it really is a beautiful look over the city of Rochester!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided regarding your stay! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated guestrooms and that the customer service exceeded your expectations! We look forward to your next trip to Rochester!