“Excellent Pet Friendly Hotel! It was wonderful for me and my pet had a Blast!”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I loved this hotel! I was coming in for a Balloon Convention and I was so glad it was pet friendly! My pup was greeted with open arms and a goody bag to boot. He was able to accompany me throughout the convention and when in the room enjoyed a lovely view of the river. I can't recommend this Hotel Enough! Thank You Thank You Radisson Rochester Riverside for making a wonderful space for my pet!

Room Tip: I choose a room with a view of the river. I was on the 14th floor! Loved it!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Donna, Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you and your pup found our property so enjoyable and accommodating! As one of the few pet friendly hotel properties in Rochester, New York, we pride ourselves on catering to all of our guest’s needs. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I never expected to be impressed by a Radisson hotel, but the staff at the Riverside hotel made the difference. The agents at the lobby desk greeted me with smiles when I checked in, and made helpful suggestions for dinner in the area. One of the agents has a family who owns an Indian restaurant nearby, so you must ask about that - it had fantastic Indian food. Rooms were clean and comfortable, too.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our friendly staff and outstanding customer service. I am very proud of the efforts of the entire Radisson Team! Safe travels!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Good staff. Nice rooms. Good food. Solid stay in Rochester. It was very cold so I didn't venture out but it looks like there is lots of stuff to do here when the weather cooperates. The only negative is the Sleep Number beds. Sorry, just not a fan.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased that your expectations were exceeded. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy the Sleep Number Bed. In an effort to achieve our goal of 100% satisfaction, please let me know the next time that you are in town and I will ensure that you are in a room with a regular bed. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My stay at the hotel was unexpectedly extended to several nights.
The staff at the hotel are very nice, but Calvin the van driver is awesome.

Calvin took me to a grocery store to purchase gluten free food. He is very kind,
patient, thoughtful and upbeat. He's also a very safe driver!
I really appreciate the hotel being so accommodating of my special needs.
Calvin is the star of the hotel staff and employee of the year, in my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anne C
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your experience. I am glad that Calvin took god care of you! Thank you for the recommendations and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I just returned from a convention at the Radisson...absolutely loved the staff. Everyone was sweet and friendly. Dan, the night manager was the best! Literally, we stopped by to say "hello" every time we saw he was on duty.
Housekeeping kept everything clean which was quite the feat with our room. The food at the restaurant wasn't amazing, but it seldom is at hotels. The bar area always had locals in it though, so that's a great sign.
Overall, everything was fabulous. Radisson Riverside: keep Dan around. His personality and charisma turned "just another hotel stay" into a story that we will probably be telling for quite a long time.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! I am glad that you found our team so friendly and that you enjoyed your guest room experience as well as your meals in Legends. I have passed along your kind words to Dan and we look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Arriving late on a Friday night, I was looking for a decent dinner. The hotel bar was only offering typical bar food. When Danuel Taylor, the night manager, heard me talking with his staff trying to find a restaurant still open, he went in to the kitchen to cook for me!! Talk about going above and beyond the call of duty! And it was really good. I was very grateful to Danuel for his kindness and cooking skills! Such an amazing example of exemplary customer service. Not something you see very often any more. Thank you Danuel!!!!

1  Thank Docsherri
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! We are glad that your stay was enjoyable and that you found Dan Taylor to be helpful! I am very proud of the efforts of Dan as well as the entire Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside Team and their ability to provide friendly service! We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I'm a national trainer and have had the opportunity to teach in over 150 venues this past year. We had over 50 people in their "F&G" room. Because the room is above the drive, the floor was incredibly cold. THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE! Our shoulders were hot while the floor was freezing!! Jason, our support person was awesome, but I'm recommending that we never book this room during the winter again. I had to deal with the constant complaints from our customers and it made us look bad.
Recommended solution: install return vents along the floor and add insulation to the floor.

1  Thank Michael H

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside. I apologize that you had issues with our heating system in your meeting room. I have addressed your concerns with our Engineering Department and am confident that you will not experience this problem in the future. I have also requested that our catering sales team place your future groups in a different meeting room during the winter time period. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you hold a meeting in Rochester and I will personally ensure that your expectations are exceeded.