“A great hotel in the Rochester area”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Rochester, New York
“A great hotel in the Rochester area”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I always am in favor of this hotel. I stay here at least once a year for the Roc City Tattoo Expo. The staff is very friendly and personable. The restaurant/bar serves great good and drinks. The room accommodations suited my needs. I've never had any issues in any of my overnight stays and would definitely recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside for the Roc City Tattoo events. We are glad that you found your stay enjoyable! I especially am glad that you had a great experience in Legends Sports Bar & Grille and that you found our staff to be engaging and helpful. Thank you for your recommendation and your loyalty. We look forward to next year’s event!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Korean first
Cicero, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a night in May. The check-in process was easy and we found our room without any problems. On site parking, for a fee, was convenient. We were able to leave our car there for the full 24 hours even though we checked out early the next morning. We were attending a graduation ceremony and could walk to the arena, so having a place to park was a plus. The room was comfortable and clean. There was a little noise noticeable during the night. I think the was due to a train or airplane, not sure which. Not enough to make us lose any a sleep. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again while visiting Rochester.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoy your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside! Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit to Rochester! Safe travels!
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

we were doing a 4 day tour from New York, after Niagara Falls we stayed here which was our last night before heading back,
really impressed a big hotel with a lot going on when we arrived, the Staff were great, rooms lovely,ate in the restaurant nice food, couldn't ask for more

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased that your expectations were exceeded! We hope you had a safe trip home and look forward to your next visit to Rochester.
Friendswood, Texas
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have been a frequent guest at the Radisson Riverside in Rochester NY. The hotel is within walking distance to downtown businesses, the convention center and the Blue Cross Arena. The staff is always friendly and makes you feel welcome. On the rare occasion that there is an issue, they bend over backward to ensure that the issue is corrected. If you are travelling to the Rochester area I recommend you give the Radisson Riverside a try. They won't disappoint.

Room Tip: The odd number rooms give you a nice view of the river
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoy your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside! We truly appreciate your loyalty and I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the entire Radisson Team! Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit to Rochester! Safe travels!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was having the worse day of my life until I stayed at the Radisson Riverside. My flight had been cancelled because of mechanical failure which was stressing me out until I got to the Radisson Riverside. Jacklyn met me at the front desk and immediately reassured me that she would personally make sure the rest of my night was stress free. She gave me a beautiful room overlooking the Genesee River and set me up with a complimentary breakfast ticket in the morning. My room was very comfortable and clean as was the bed. Jacklyn even called up to my room after my arrival to make sure everything was to my satisfaction.I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of my night and was happy to be staying at such a class A hotel. Even upon my departure the next morning, James at the front desk was very pleasant to me asked me if me stay was up to the Radisson quality. He also extended the invitation to stay at the Radisson on my next visit to Rochester. The Radisson is a beautiful hotel downtown on the Genesses River and I will definitely be staying there on my next visit and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Rochester. Thank you again to Jacklyn and James for making my stay five stars.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Genesee River.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your feedback and are glad that your stay was enjoyable and our team was able to turn around your day. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Jackie and James and the entire Radisson Team! I am very proud of our associates and their ability to provide great service! Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit to our property!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Nice hotel in center of city close to all short walk to Arena and dinosaurs
Great Service clean rooms
Legends sports bar on premises
Free parking with stay a great benefit as this area has no real overnight parking on street

• Stayed April 2014
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your experience! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the entire Radisson Team! We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit to Rochester! Safe travels!
Stockton, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The Radisson Rochester Riverside hotel is just another big city, commercial hotel. It has all the expected facilities and meeting capabilities. As one would expect, the rooms are nice and the hotel is clean. The desk staff was quite helpful and friendly which was a definite plus. Service, both for the rooms and the meeting facilities was fine. But we do have a couple of complaints. Parking is difficult (and, of course, an extra expense). The hotel has a narrow roadway through which one must pass to get to the parking garage. This would not be a problem except that during our 4 day stay both sides of the roadway were lined with cars and trucks which should not have been parked there that long. Second, while we wished we had had a river view room, it really didn't matter since the windows were so dirty one could barely see out at all (others in our group reported the same situation). Finally, and this was most annoying, our group of about 100 people had reserved a block of rooms at a very attractive rate (much lower than the hotels normal rates). However, the hotel stopped offering this rate about a month before our event and thus several people who decided to come to the meeting late, were denied the agreed upon rate. This was just plain wrong. It alienated all of us and forced several attendees to stay at other hotels in the area. Negotiated meeting rates should be good until at least the day before the meeting is due to start.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room. You may not be able to see the river if the windows haven't been cle...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the Trip Advisor community. I am sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay related to parking and the condition of your room’s windows, we have window cleaning schedules for this month. As it relates to your group’s room rate, cut off dates are a normal part of hotel contracts as it avoids the hotel having to hold rooms that may not pick up at all and encourages attendees to book early in order to enjoy the discounted group rate. Since our goal is to ensure that all of our guests are 100% satisfied with their experience, please reach out to me directly the next time you visit Rochester and I will personally ensure your expectations are exceeded.