“Nice hotel, good location, pretty lobby.”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel, good location, pretty lobby.”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed one night on July 4th because it has a great location to see the fireworks in Rochester. We were able to stand on the very large (floor-size) pool deck facing the river, to see the fireworks.
Check in went fine. The hotel staff was very friendly. Check out was fine too.
The room was pretty good. It did have a bit of the hotel room smell, but it wasn't bad and you got forgot it quickly. (I am picky about hotel room smell). The bed sheets were clean of course. However, like a lot of hotels, the comforter and other bed things besides the sheets didn't seem fresh. I'm not fond of feather pillows thought they seemed a little old. (I am picky about bed linens and pillows).
The bathroom was fine and fairly large.
The location is great.
We didn't eat in the hotel.
Parking was garage and was fine.
No lobby bathroom - a minor inconvenience.
Housekeeping was a little too noisy around the door of our room in the morning. We typically stay pretty close to check out time. The hotel was very busy and I'm sure they had a lot of rooms to clean.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Kev,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside over the 4th of July! Thank you again and safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went to this hotel afterbooking through an iphone app. There was an issue with the booking, but the staff did a great job at quickly sorting things out in an extremely friendly and efficient way.
The hotel was very clean, and the food at Legends was fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for the feedback that you provided on Trip Advisor! I am glad that you found your meal in Legends Sports Bar & Grille so enjoyable! I am very proud of our team’s efforts to provide great guest service and we are hopeful that you stay at our property during your next visit to Rochester. Safe travels!
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Amazing staff, had our wedding here July 4th and it was beyond amazing!!!! Staff was great! Food delicious! Rehearsal at the restaurant was amazing....nothing negative to say about the weekend there at all!!!! Will definitely be back again just to see everyone we dealt with for everything! Phenomenal!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank leamaio
Congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your wedding reception and rehearsal dinner that were held at our property. I am so very proud of the efforts of the entire Radisson Rochester Riverside team! They continually amaze me with their attention to detail and focus on each and every guest’s experience. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to all of them!
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My stay at this establishment was a pleasant stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean, for the most part, and the beds were comfortable. Free Wi-Fi is a nice touch as well. The hotel restaurant, Legends Bar & Grill, is a nice place to eat and convenient, however they could improve on the food quality somewhat. The food quality does not match up to the prices on the menu. An $18 hamburger, although good, is not worth the $18 price. The food was not horrible, but not overly impressive either. Just saying. The wait staff are friendly and quick to correct and make good on any mistakes made. I would most likely eat there again.

Overall, my stay was nice and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Club Level provide a small refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We are truly appreciative of your feedback and am glad that your overall experience was a positive one. I am disappointed that you did not feel the quality of our food supported the current pricing. I will follow up with the Restaurant Manager and Culinary team to ensure that they are aligned. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the entire team and truly appreciate your loyalty.
Maine, U.S. A.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was staying at another hotel in Rochester for a conference from June 26 through June 30, but had two suppers and a breakfast in this restaurant, each meal with a group of friends. The food was superb, the service excellent, and the prices very reasonable. I had the Harvest Salad one night and a panini the next night. My friend and I really enjoyed the healthy breakfast buffet. I would definitely eat here again if I'm ever in Rochester.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Overall a great experience. Very good service and accommodations. Very positive attitudes and attention to detail. Highly recommended. Aubreyanna Curtis was a fantastic wedding coordinator. The front desk agent Wallesks was very friendly and helpful. I would love to come another time. My family enjoyed the hotel and staff.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Angelo A
Dear Angelo
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We are so glad that you enjoyed the wedding that you attended as well as your overall hotel experience! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Aubreyanna and Walleska! They are great representatives of the level of service that we provide at our property! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times. In fact I've only stayed at one other in Rochester. It was a Holiday Inn Express which was not a good experience. The Radisson has improved in the area of customer service. The staff are very friendly. Once I had to have an air conditioner replaced. The maintenance man was prompt. I enjoyed the experience because he has an outgoing personality. He is knowledgeable and acted professional. Within a matter of 20 minutes I had a nice cool room. There is a great barbecue restaurant within walking distance called Dinosaur. Awesome barbecue! The hotel has a bar & grill called Legends and a fairly large restaurant. I prefer the restaurant as the bar & grill is small and noisy. I prefer a quieter environment. The food is good. There is one down side. Rochester has its share of problems with misguided youth. I'll leave it at that. The hotel has a parking garage which will cost you $20 for unlimited come and go. It adds to the cost. Advice....rent a compact car as the parking spaces are narrow. The wifi is satisfactory. The rooms have been clean. They offer a the sleep number bed an an extra cost. The lamps have AC outlets in them which is great because I have a CPAP machine and I don't like when I have to move a bed or dresser to get to an outlet. Having said that, the lamps are old and the outlet contacts barely retain the plug. I wish they would replace the outlets. All in all I would recommend this hotel. Especially if you like a downtown experience as far as restaurant options and a play theater.

Room Tip: During my most recent stay I was put on the 4th floor. Immediately after I unpacked everything the f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Steve,
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We truly appreciate your loyalty to our property and I am glad that you typically have great experiences. It was a pleasure to meet you on the day of your departure and talk to you personally about your experience. I have shared your comments with the team and will continue to strive to provide all of our guests 100% satisfaction! Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you come to Rochester and I would be happy to make your reservation and will personally ensure your expectations are exceeded.