“Great hotel and excellent front desk staff. LUIS GOMEZ, front desk was excellent.”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I love staying at this hotel, being I stay here at least once a month. (part of an Airline crew). Great hotel, great staff. We came in late one night and tried to find a place to eat but it was past midnight. LUIZ GOMEZ at the front desk went ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure we got what we needed. We know the importance of customer service and my coworker (Mark Cote who wanted me to put him name in:). We wanted to thank him soo much and thank the hotel for hiring people like him. We love this place. Thank you Luiz and Radisson staff.

Room Tip: I always pick the ODD room numbers above the 8th floor so I can have a view of the riverfront!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Jean,
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We truly appreciate your loyalty to our property and I am glad that you always have great experiences during layovers. I am very proud of Luis’ efforts and will be sure to share your kind words with him and the rest of the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside team! Safe travels and see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Korean first
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had multiple teams here for a soccer tournament and the hotel handled our arrangements very well. Check in for all the team members was great and no issues what so ever. Staff ahead of time were friendly and efficient and handled all of our requests with minimal fuss. Hotel is in a good location for access to any of the suburbs/soccer fields/ hockey arenas. Handled my pet peeve as both parking and Internet was included. Rooms were clean & comfortable and some may find them a bit dated. The hotel is also not brand new and may disappoint you if that is what you are looking for. Otherwise if you are looking for a good centrally located hotel, this will meet your needs very well. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Better view on the river side of the hotel, the other side has a view of the parkade
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside. I am so glad that you enjoyed your guestroom and the service that our team provided you during your stay. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit to Rochester. Safe Travels.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a conference in June. I flew into the airport and the shuttle picked me and several other guests in a timely manner. Check in was super quick and easy. Which I am happy with because I was exhausted! I ate at the Legends bar the first night, good food, and good service. The conference was wonderful. All the rooms were a great size and comfortable. The food provided was adequate. Wish they would have had other drink choices other than sodas and water at lunch but it was okay. James at the front desk was so friendly and accommodating. My husband spoke with him prior to my arrival and I did a few times during my 4 days there. James is the face of the hotel I will always remember. He was the best!! Jennifer and Ryann were also very nice and professional. The hotel gift shop was a very pricey and the only close option for souvenirs within walking distance. So I waited until I went back to the airport to purchase souvenirs. The outside area around the hotel is a little scary if by yourself depending in the time of day. I always made sure I was in a group when walking. Very satisfied with my stay there.

• Stayed June 2014
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside! The entire staff does a great job taking care of our guests and I am glad that James, Jennifer and Ryann were able to exceed your expectations! I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next trip to Rochester.
Hornell, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We attended a conference at the Riverside Convention Center. The location could not be more convenient, room was nice and quiet, bed was extremely comfortable, food at Legends was good (though sometimes a bit slow - chose the buffet if you're in a hurry in the morning), and the staff was exceptionally helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We are glad that you found your stay enjoyable while you were attending a conference at the Riverside Convention Center! We appreciate your recommendation and your loyalty. We look forward to your next visit to Rochester! Safe travels.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed one night on July 4th because it has a great location to see the fireworks in Rochester. We were able to stand on the very large (floor-size) pool deck facing the river, to see the fireworks.
Check in went fine. The hotel staff was very friendly. Check out was fine too.
The room was pretty good. It did have a bit of the hotel room smell, but it wasn't bad and you got forgot it quickly. (I am picky about hotel room smell). The bed sheets were clean of course. However, like a lot of hotels, the comforter and other bed things besides the sheets didn't seem fresh. I'm not fond of feather pillows thought they seemed a little old. (I am picky about bed linens and pillows).
The bathroom was fine and fairly large.
The location is great.
We didn't eat in the hotel.
Parking was garage and was fine.
No lobby bathroom - a minor inconvenience.
Housekeeping was a little too noisy around the door of our room in the morning. We typically stay pretty close to check out time. The hotel was very busy and I'm sure they had a lot of rooms to clean.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Kev,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside over the 4th of July! Thank you again and safe travels!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went to this hotel afterbooking through an iphone app. There was an issue with the booking, but the staff did a great job at quickly sorting things out in an extremely friendly and efficient way.
The hotel was very clean, and the food at Legends was fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for the feedback that you provided on Trip Advisor! I am glad that you found your meal in Legends Sports Bar & Grille so enjoyable! I am very proud of our team’s efforts to provide great guest service and we are hopeful that you stay at our property during your next visit to Rochester. Safe travels!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Amazing staff, had our wedding here July 4th and it was beyond amazing!!!! Staff was great! Food delicious! Rehearsal at the restaurant was amazing....nothing negative to say about the weekend there at all!!!! Will definitely be back again just to see everyone we dealt with for everything! Phenomenal!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank leamaio
Congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your wedding reception and rehearsal dinner that were held at our property. I am so very proud of the efforts of the entire Radisson Rochester Riverside team! They continually amaze me with their attention to detail and focus on each and every guest’s experience. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to all of them!