“The Ratz Carlton”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
“The Ratz Carlton”
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Not a nice place to relax. The room was not clean, and the patrons were rude. A homeless man came in the hotel and asked my wife if he could use our bathroom.

Richardbair, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 6 July 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside.
We appreciate your candor and want to assure you that we take all comments very seriously and take corrective action whenever possible.
There is no excuse for a room not being cleaned properly, I hope that you brought the issue to our attention and gave us the opportunity to correct the situation.
Being in a downtown location does present some unique challenges, but our security staff works diligently to prevent such occurrences and the cooperation of the Rochester Police Department in this effort has been outstanding. Please be assured that we made every effort to prevent these intrusions.
Again, thank you for taking the time to bring these items to our attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Korean first
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Nothing too flashy or outstanding about the hotel. Front desk was helpful and courteous. Room was ok, clean, older 19" CRT tv. What was odd about the room was that there was almost no information/literature availble, no phone book, no pens or paper. Free in-room wi-fi was a plus. Parking is $7 with unlimited in/out. Good downtown location near major routes. Stayed with a reduced rate through the Water Street Music Hall. If it weren't for the reduced rate, the room would have been overpriced.

Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Wolcott NY
Reviewed 15 April 2010

My trip into Rochester NY was not leisure time. My husband suddenly became a patient at Rochester General Hospital. I was called home from work and spent my day at RGH. The room at Radisson was offered to me. after an exhausting rollercoaster day of doctors and tests. This place was awesome. From the front desk clerk providing me with toothbrush and paste, to having to schedule the shuttle ride back to the hospital the next morning for my husband's surgery. The staff was excellent and willing to help in any way possible. The bed was a retreat in itself. I slid in and just rested from exhaustion and appreciation that this hotel was available. I sincerely recommend it to anyone that finds themselves in a similar situation. They truely take total care of you.
Lori, Wolcott, NY

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Binghamton
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I traveled to work on a genealogy project at the downtown library and also enjoy the festivities of the St. Patrick's Day Parade and festivities, and meet up with friends. I only stayed 3 nights and am excited to plan my next trip to the city and the Radisson Hotel. Check in was a breeze and staff was friendly and informative. While there were a number of events going on and the lobby was active, I was impressed as I opened the door to my room.
I felt it was luxury to the most. Big King size bed, great bathroom with lovely amenities, a fridge and microwave. The sitting area was spacious and the desk area had easy electric connections for my computer. Internet service was quick and easy. The windows were actually one side of the room and had a great view of the downtown area. Traveling alone I felt safe, even when the hotel became filled with parade fans.
I had a chance to sample the weekday breakfast and then to eat breakfast at Legends on Saturday. Staff was friendly with quick service and great food. Parking during the stay was convenient with on site parking garage, which was clean and well lighted. The front desk provided a wonderful person to assist me with my bags and things. Check out was a breeze with no surprises or errors on my bill. Warm, friendly, Safe, Clean and a heart full of great times at the Radisson Riverside in Downtown Rochester, NY.

Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Richardbair, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 27 March 2010
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Riverside. it is gratifying to see that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed the facility and service.
The staff has been working diligently to continuously improve our product and it will be a pleasure to relay your comments to them.
Again, thanks for taking the time to give us your input and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dick Bair
Clyde, NY
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I've travelled and stayed in many different hotels and this is definitely one of the best places I've stayed. The check in was easy. The room was very clean. The service and food in the restaurant was wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel to all especially if you are travelling on business.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Stayed at this hotel for a recent conference at the Riverside Conference Center. Liked that the hotel offered a skywalk over to the conference center, which made it feel like the conference center was part of the hotel. The room was comfortable and clean, but on the small side. Had a room with 2 queen beds. Also felt the bathroom was small and were annoyed the bathroom did not have a fan.
The hotel did offer a free shuttle to the airport!
The hotel staff was very friendly, and honored our request for a room with a fridge/microwave.
Also enjoyed the hotel bar and their $2 Labatt pints and free hot wings each night we were there.
The downside was our room was three doors down from the elevators, so we heard them running constantly all day and night.

All in all not a bad place to stay. Great location for the connvention center.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Toronto
Reviewed 8 November 2009

Front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful at check in, suggesting great places to dine for lunch. Hotel is nice, clean, affordable. Pet friendly was a bonus for us, with several park areas just outside the door. King size room was spacious, with fridge and microwave. Overall, very happy with our stay here -- will book it again next time in town!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Richardbair, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, 9 November 2009
Thank you for your comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.