“Great Stay Every Time”

Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I have stayed here several times during the past year and have never had an issue. The staff is professional, helpful and friendly. Check-in is quick and painless. The ability of having your bill slid under your door on the morning of checkout makes one less thing to do when packing up and leaving. Frequently, appetizers are available in the evening and there is always fresh fruit available anytime for a quick snack. Breakfast is included as well and although I generally don't partake, the food selection is fine. I've never had a bad room yet and the rooms are clean, modern and have a large flat screen TV.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Carl144
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Our room was on the 3rd floor, near the elevator and vending machines. We heard both of these on and off all night. Also, some sound of a heavier machine was running, again on and off all night. We could not determine the source of the sound, but we were not able to get a good, complete night's sleep. Because of these sounds, we were tired when we had to travel the next day.

On the positive side, staff was very friendly and courteous. Of importance to us was the fact that our 2 dogs were allowed, at no extra charge. We travel with our dogs and always look for places that they are welcomed, with or without a charge.

Continental breakfast was the usual hotel/motel fare. Bland and not very palatable. We find this to be true of most of the places we have stayed, regardless of chain or price of room.

Would we stay here again? Probably, but would request a room that was further away from elevator/vending room and would definitely ask for a change of rooms if we encountered the same noise level as on this trip.

Room Tip: Request further away from elevator/vending rooms, or any other possible sources of noise
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Charlene Y
tevans01, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Charlene-

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to comment about your experience at the Hampton Inn Rochester North. It is your comments that help us to improve and be able to provide our guests with a memorable experience. I wanted to apologize for the excessive noise you encountered during your stay. I know how important a good nights sleep is and regret that we fell short of that goal.

Thank you for your positive comments on our hardworking staff. I will be sure to share your comments to encourage their continued dedication to serving our guests.

I'm sorry you did not feel our Hot Breakfast buffet was not up to your standards. We do try to provide variety such as our make your own waffles, rotating daily hot items such as scrambled eggs, sausage, home fries, biscuits and gravy, as well as your staples like hot and cold cereals, bagels, sweet breads, fresh fruit and yogurt. Coming soon to all Hampton Hotels will be oatmeal with toppings.

Thank you again for taking your time to comment on the Hampton Inn Rochester North. I truly value your feedback. I hope to see you back once your travels bring you back to the Rochester area!

Best Regards,

Tamara Evans

Reviewed 27 September 2011

Our team stayed at the Hampton Inn at 500 Centerplace Drive, Rochester NY and the accomodations were great. Staff and hospitality was excellent and the rooms comfortable and well kept. Outstanding is my rating. We'll come back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Having had a horrible experience at Seneca Lodge and sorely in need of pleasant surroundings I booked this hotel as I've had very good experience with Hampton and I was not disappointed. Pleasant staff, a very pleasant room nicely appointed, and the usual wonderful and well rounded hot breakfast with a really acceptable fruit bowl. As a bonus it's located very close to shopping and other restaurants. Try it, you'll like it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank deibiddo
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Nice pool area and good breakfast. Good home for a lovely weekend.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank bubbliegirl526
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Newer, very clean, great pool area. Friendly staff at a quiet place to rest!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Northerngirlnomore
tevans01, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

Dear Northerngirlnomore

Thank you for your response regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Rochester North. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to accomodate all guests whether traveling for business or leisure. Our guests rooms were just recently renovated to provide a fresher, newer and cleaner feel and I am glad you enjoyed that.

I will share your comments with the staff and I am sure they will be very happy to hear it. Please visit us again if your travels should happen to bring you back to Rochester.

Best regards,

Patrick Caswell
Front Office Manager
Hampton Inn Rochester North

Reviewed 8 August 2011

We really were happy with our stay at the Hampton Inn Rochester North. We were there for only one night. The service was great. The beds were comfortable. Everything was very clean. I couldn't hear what was going on in other rooms (which is very important to me). My only complaint might be that there wasn't a lot of breakfast to go around. They ran out of items but didn't replenish, which was tricky since my son got the cereal he wanted but my daughter didn't...and with a half hour to go still before breakfast was over...seemed kind of tacky to me. But everything else was amazing. The pool was nice too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CanadianTraveller467
tevans01, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Dear Canadian Traveller467,

Thank you so much for taking your time to comment about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Rochester North. We truly appreciate the feedback we receive from our most valuable guests. It only helps us to improve the level of service we are able to provide.

I want to personally apologize for the experience you had at our breakfast bar. This is not a normal practice and apologize the items were not adequately replenished. Your comments have been shared with our department managers so that this occurance can be rectified. Thank you for sharing this experience with us.

I am very glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Rochester area!

Best Regards,