“Always great staying at a Hampton”

Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hampton chain is always accommodating and never do I have any issues. Pre-stay and during stay is always pleasurable and me and my group are always happy. Thank you Hampton for consistent service. I stay for personal and with my teams for sport stays - never a problem.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nsweazy1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for your kind words. The entire Hampton Inn Rochester team know that there are many hotels to choose from in the area. We appreciate that we are your hotel of choice. Our great makes it their personal mission that we exceed expectations, every guest, and every stay. Please come back again soon for we truly Love Having You Here.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My son's hockey team will be staying there at the end of this month - November 28 - 30. After reading the reviews, I am looking forward to this as it will be a mini vacation for the entire family, complete with plenty of good black Friday shopping. I have one question - will the lobby and new breakfast be ready by this weekend? I will update my review after we have visited.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Nsweazy1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for your inquiry, I am pleased to announce that our New “Perfect Mix” lobby is complete. I must admit that the renovations exceed my expectations. I love the new look and feel of the lobby and so far the feedback from our guests has been great. I look forward to having you stay with us and I have some added surprised in store for you as well , that I hope will not only make your stay with us exceptional but your Black Friday Shopping as well. See you soon and Have a Safe trip,

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Great Hotel with excellent front desk staff. They make you feel right at home and are there to assist you with whatever you need. The rooms are very nice and they offer a great selection for breakfast. This is one of the best hotels I have used.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind comments. Hampton Inn Rochester North truly does have the greatest staff. Each and every team member goes out of their way to provide the highest quality of customer service possible for every guest, every stay, every day.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Nice quiet location. Hotel was very clean and beds were comfortable. About 10 minute ride to Rochester Instutite of Technology. Lobby was undergoing a renovation when we stayed there. Breakfast was served in the first floor conference room. Breakfast staff did a great job in less than perfect conditions. There is a bike/foot path (Rt 390 trail) behind the hotel. We brought our bicycles and had an enjoyable 6 mile ride to Lake Ontario. Only disappointnent was that the hotel ran short of hot water when taking morning showers. Will book again when visiting RIT.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Nsweazy1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience while a guest at Hampton Inn Rochester North. I am pleased to say our Lobby Renovations are almost complete and the results are spectacular. Thank you for your patience and understanding of our temporary breakfast location utilized during this process. We really took the time to make the renovations process have minimal impact on our guests as possible. We look forward to having you return soon so you can experience all the changes yourself. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for it would be my pleasure to assist in making your reservations personally.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is clean and the location is good, right off several key roads. But it does not have a restaurant and I didn't think the breakfast was as good as the one I had several years ago at another Hampton Inn. The room was fine, but very cramped. Microwave and fridge jammed into a space with little or no room to make any food. The desk was helpful with menus for take out. The sofa bed was not comfortable, but the bathroom was very clear and the shower spray strong with hot water. I have stayed in better hotels for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nsweazy1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a guest at Hampton Inn North. We greatly appreciate all feedback we receive. We are conveniently located off the expressway with several restaurants and shopping within a short distance, making it easy and convenient to get around. We are in the process of implementing our new breakfast buffet which will include several new items as well as enhancements to our current options. We would love to have you as our guest again the next time you are in town so that you can experience all the changes we have planned.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn - Rochester North, for a girl's hockey tournament. That was all 17 families!! Although the lobby was under renovations, the staff made it easy for us to find another spot to meet as a team. They were very accomodating and friendly (and as Canadians we know friendly!) The complimentary breakfast was fair, and the rooms were clean. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nsweazy1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your comments. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. As renovations are known to be disruptive, we did carefully plan out and execute many things to minimize guests disruptions. I am pleased to hear our efforts worked. Your patience and understanding during this transition is also greatly appreciated. Our renovations are nearing an end, and they are fantastic. I look forward to your return so you too can see all the changed we did. Thank you again for sharing your experience and please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly the next time you are planning your trips to the Rochester area. I would love to personally oversee your group again.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just stayed here for a few nights. We'd stay here again if in the area.

The Good: The location is great. Good restaurants nearby and fairly central to a lot of things. Room was clean and cozy. The staff was very friendly and eager to help.

The Bad: Not a fan of the breakfast. It was a little disappointing and not what you expect from a Hampton. We did eat at the tail end of serving but still not great. Breads were stale and hard.

Overall a good stay. Yes, they're doing construction but I don't hold that against them. It's a nice night's sleep and good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
Nsweazy1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank You for taking the time to share you experience while staying at Hampton Inn Rochester North. I look forward to sharing your comments with the staff at our next staff meeting. Our renovation of the new lobby will be completed by the end of the month. I am so excited about our new look and can tell you that this is not the only change impacting our breakfast area. We are preparing to roll out an entire new menu of items to enhance the breakfast experience for our guests. I look forward to your return to the area to be able to show off our new look and new breakfast items. Please feel free to contact me when you are returning to the area, for it would be my pleasure to assist you personally in making your reservations.