“Great experience!”

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Queens Village, New York
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here for a night while on my way to Niagara Falls from NYC. It was right off the highway, so super easy to find after making two left turns. It's surrounded by a shopping center community on one side and on the other a calm suburban area. A great place to walk your dog as this is such a pet friendly hotel. It's the first time I've traveled with my pit and she was made to feel so welcome by the friendly front desk agent who handed her a treat as well as offered me some delicious cookies. To top it off, there is no fee or restriction on breed or weight which was amazing since almost every "pet friendly" hotel I looked up was "pet friendly" only if your pet was under 40 lbs. My dog is an 80 lb very well behaved and calm pit. I was glad she wasn't met with odd looks or fear. So appreciated as she is my like baby.
The hotel itself looks clean and fairly new from the outside. The lawns are well manicured and a designated area for the pets to relieve themselves is offered. The designated pet room itself on the first floor was great. There was nothing that looked to me as if it was a designated pet room. By that I mean, smellier, or dirtier with pet hair around. It looks like they do a great job of cleaning before your arrival. The comforter is a plush white which I love and am picky about. The bed was comfortable and the room itself had a fridge and microwave of which we definitely made use. The room decor looked appropriate, by that I mean, not dated nor sleek modern. It was contemporary, just right for the hotel. The tv offered a nice choice of channels.
The biggest plus, if you ask my dad, was the free breakfast buffet. I thought it would be a few muffins and cereal, but how pleased and in awe my dad was when he got there and saw egg omelettes offered along with a waffle maker, an array, of fruit, yogurts, cereal, toast. It was just a lot more than expected and very good. He couldn't stop talking about it the whole way over to Niagara lol.
There is a pool and exercise room that looked ok, but I didn't use them so can't really elaborate.
Overall, a great stay, and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Camille S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
From all of us at your Hampton Family hotel we thank you for such an amazing review of the property. We truly love having you and your family (doggy) here with us. We are all animal lovers and welcome them with open arms. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Rochester.

Camille Sisk + All the Team at the Hampton Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Detroit, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was impressed with the staff at this hotel even prior to arriving. The room was clean and fresh as was the pool area/spa area. The breakfast was fresh and there was a lot to choose from. I would stay again and I would recommend to others as well. The rate, with the service and facilities couldn't be better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Camille S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing the property, team and more from your visit. I will make sure to share your compliments with the team member you came in contact with in the morning of your stay. I know you will make her smile and work even harder. It is amazing the energy and dedication that they experience when a guest tells them they did a great job. I do apologize for the kiddos in the hotel from the team. I know they get excited after their tournaments especially when they win. I do send our sincerest thank you that you will come to spend time with us again in the future.

Melbourne, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Convenient location, clean room, morning desk clerk very accommodating, good breakfast, excellent nightly rates. Only drawback is that there was a very large group of children for some sort of baseball tournament the entire weekend making is a little more noise than normal. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We loved having you here and we hope to see you again in the future. I share our responses and surveys with the team as they get excited when they hear what they do truly makes a difference. Thank you again, you made our day.

Rochester, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My recent stay was sabotaged by a widespread power outage. The hotel's generator kept the guests safe and supplied with hot water. The biggest disappointment for me was missing out on the hot breakfast but the Hampton staff supplied us with coffee and fruit and muffins so even this unusual circumstance could not tarnish our stay!!! The pillows and beds are absolutely divine and they promise the best night sleep available to all who embrace them!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

From all of us at Your Hampton Inn Rochester we send a big thank you for your wonderful response. A power outage is a hotels worse nightmare and I am sorry the hot breakfast was not available during that time. We promise you an extra great breakfast next time you are in town. I will make sure to share your feedback with the team as they are dedicated to our guest. Thank you again.

Grimsby, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

From the time of check in to check out, all of the staff were helpful, friendly and accomodating. Room was clean and lobby was nice, bright, and great place to have a coffee and get away from the room, especially when it's raining out.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Camille S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
I would like to thank you for the amazing review you gave us. I will be sure to share it with the team as they love to hear that what they do makes a difference. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Rochester.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have stayed at this Hampton frequently over the past 15 yrs. This was the first year that we felt the hotel could use some updates and more attention to housekeeping in the guest rooms. Both sheets and bathroom needed more attentions. Also, we all missed the usual Bold Regular coffee as an option at breakfast, regular coffee was not very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Camille S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. I apologize for the bold coffee. We do currently offer the bold coffee and I apologize we where out during your visit. I am excited to announce that we will be going through a 100% renovation of the guest rooms and public areas in the fall. When you return to Rochester we will have a brand new room for you. It is through guest feedback like yours that we are able to continually improve upon the services we offer. Thank you for your 15 years of dedication to the Hampton Inn and you we love having you here.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I've stayed at Hampton Inns before, but never with my dog.
From the moment we entered the property till we departed, 2-days after the experience was friendly and gracious.
My dog loved the place, it was his first stay in a hotel, and he immediately wanted the king-size bed for himself.
Great experience, and we are already booking again for our next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing you stay with us. We loved having you and your doggy here with us. It is great to hear how comfortable he was during his first visit. I will share with our team members as they get excited when they know that what they do makes a difference. We look forward to serving you and your pet in the future.