Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 18 December 2013

If you are going to Rochester NY, this is the only place to stay! Clean and comfortable. Jasmine at the front desk was so warm and caring about my comfort. And when I went down in the morning, they had cleaned my car off of snow!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Clean and comfortable, with good beds and a decent breakfast. The hotel is back a bit from the street, so is quite quiet. There are 2 restaurants right next door, in case you don't feel like driving to dinner and the lobby snacks are a nice treat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie R
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Very clean... Bed was quite comfortable! The room was as nice or nicer than many Hilton's I have stayed at. The cookies and crackers and cheese available in the lobby were a nice touch in the evenings. Several local good restaurants close by. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We just returned from a week long tour of New York, we started our trip at this hotel and it was fantastic. We had 20 people in our group and the staff here took great care of us and went above and beyond to accommodate our group's needs. My wife and I stayed in a 2 room Jacuzzi suite and it was fantastic! No complaints, the room was clean, large, and in great shape. Overall our stay was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I really wanted to give this place a better rating as they really do try - from the free coffee, cookies and cocoa in the lobby to the free DVD rentals and friendly front desk. But there were just too many little niggles with this place.

There were still remnants of the previous occupant in the room (celophane wrappers by the sink, keycard holder by the TV etc). None of these were major things, but did leave me questioning how well the room had actually been cleaned. The decor looked in need of updating, with paper peeling off the walls, and the ceiling looked suspect in places. Also, the TV didn't work in my room (though I didn't report this until checkout as it wasn't a big deal to me). Main problem was a lack of sleep, caused by regular and prolonged sounding of horns outside from what sounded like trains, but could have been trucks. Either way, very little sleep to be had here.

The pool area was in a state when I went in, with used towels strewn around as well as empty drinks cartons etc. They were still there when they closed the pool at 11pm, and the staff didn't appear to be about to clean up either. Clearly, the guests shouldn't have left the mess, but I would have expected the staff to clear it for the sake of other guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites one night at the start of a wine tour. All in all, I was very pleased. It seemed fairly new and spotlessly clean. We caught their free shuttle from the airport. A free dinner buffet was provided at the nearby Holiday Inn (both hotels are owned by the same company.) and a free breakfast buffet on-site. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.
Other positives: Lots of plugs at the in-room desk. Fridge and microwave in room. free wireless internet.
Negatives: The bacon at the breakfast buffet was literally swimming in about a half-inch of grease. Had to use a stack of napkins to dry off a few pieces to make them edible. Not very appetizing. The internet was free, but a little strange. Both my wife and I had initial problems getting our laptops to connect, and neither of us could get our iPads to connect. Also, there is no in-room safe.
In spite of the negatives I'm giving the place five-stars. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before and really enjoyed it. It is clean, comfortable and friendly. From the free lending library (return your book later when you have read it) to the free freshly baked cookies ,the free DVD loan, the free breakfast, the free tea, coffee and hot chocolate always available in the lobby, it is great value for money. And the best part, it is shortly going to be upgraded. Will certainly return. Great area for shopping and don't miss eating at the Crab Shack which is just across the road.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the elevator because it can be a little noisy at night.