Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Rochester Airport-University Area, NY
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewscookiestgi fridaysfront deskfree breakfastdelmonicorite aidroom was cleanparking lothot tubwafflesqueen suitenext morningwould stay here againoff the highwaymartalobbyhenrietta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

They do some little extra things to make this place stand out among average hotels: free coffee, fruit, and cookies 24/7, free movie rentals for DVD players in all rooms, decent free breakfast on real dishes and silverware, complimentary dinner (between 5:30-7:30) at nearby hotel. Warm little indoor pool too and a hot tub. Friendly service.

So why only 3 stars? It was clean enough, but not polished. Our room smelled a bit musty and showed some vague signs of previous water damage. Our carpet seemed kind of dirty/worn.

Also, water was scalding hot! I mean at middle setting it was uncomfortably hot, but when set all the way, it could burn! My 2-year-old got scorched when she lifted the faucet handle as I was brushing her teeth. It was momentary and quickly flushed with cold water, so she was okay aside from the shock and crying. We did tell the front desk so they could address that.

Stayed: June 2014
CISVisions, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Rochester Airport-University Area, NY, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hello there, we apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. But I am glad that you loved the extra touches we have at the hotel, from service to DVDs and more. I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I really hope that she is okay. We sincerely apologize about the hot water and can assure you that we will look into the situation. I really wish you can give us a try one more time to see changes when you come visit Rochester next.

Pinkesh Patel, General Manager and the whole team at Country Inn & Suites Rochester, NY

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great stay! Service was top-notch. We enjoyed the snacks offered at our arrival, the free dinner at a neighboring establishment, and the general feeling that we were being taken care-of and the staff wanted us to be happy and satisfied. I wish all hotels were this good.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Blewer

Hello Hello!!! This is a great review. I appreciate your kind words about us and we are great that our top notch service made your stay a delight. We will keep going above and beyond for all our guest and specially you when your travel brings you back in Rochester. Thank you so much again and I really appreciate your time to write about us.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel is very clean and up to date. The room was very nice as was the rest of the hotel.
Things I liked about it:
1) Clean hotel, new and up to date.
2) Good size room
3) Quiet location
4) Good breakfast with a menu that changed each day. This is a huge plus if you stay more than a day or two.
5) Decent pricing as weekend rates were less than LaQuinta

Things I did not like:
1) Bathroom fan and light switch are tied together so you have to have fan on to have light on. If you want to leave the bathroom light on for a night light (So you don't stumble going to the RR at night) you can't because the fan stays on with it. Originally it was not designed this way but they removed the second switch and tied them together. I assume this is to prevent moisture build up when showering but the fan is really noisy.
2) Toilet is so close to the wall that your shoulders are against the wall if you are of decent body size. I am average build and found my arm was constantly against the wall while using the toilet. If you are of a large build you would be leaning to use the toilet. This is a design flaw.
3) TV Channels are a mess. The ones that work are scattered all over and you spend most of your time scrolling through bad channels to get to a good one. If you scroll channels looking for something to watch these TV channels at this hotel are very frustrating. No way to program or search for channels to get TV to ignore bad channels. Some channels 2-36 some 54-69 some 80 etc.. yet TV scrolls to 130+
4) The WIFI was poor. I could not get my emails for over 5 days at this hotel and websites were blocked. I tried every night to no avail. Websites that are blocked are not bad websites with any bad material either. I got on a guest WIFI at a business location near this hotel and didn't have any trouble getting emails or visiting websites so I know its the hotel's internet that is not working right.

All in all I would not stay here again if I needed WIFI but I would stay here if I didn't need it as the breakfast and cleanliness of the hotel was unsurpassed. Fix the TV and WIFI and this hotel would get my 5 stars every time.

Room Tip: Call and see if they have fixed their WIFI if you need it like I did. I needed it for business and had to look elsewhere to get good internet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to put a review for our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are working diligently to improve the high speed internet service in our hotel. I understand that this is an important amenity for our guests, and I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you. We are also sorry you were not satisfied with overall layout of our bathroom and inconvenience of our television channels. We will discuss these concerns of your room to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with two children under 4 years old. Staff were extremely helpful. Rooms were clean and tidy. There was enough room for a pack n' play. Beds and Pillows extremely comfortable. We still travel with DVD's and found each room had a DVD player - bonus!
There was a warm breakfast that was just good enough. It was EXTREMELY quiet each night, which was great. Another bonus, there was a TGIF and Rite aid on the premises. Pool was clean and was enjoyed. The only reason why it did not receive a 5/5 was the rooms and hallway were a little dated.

Highly recommend for a family. The price was right and hit all of the right spots for an inn. Will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MaineInnStay

We appreciate all your time to write us about us. We are glad to know that you loved our amenities that we provide and also our DVDs. Our location is great and I am happy that it would convenient for you and your family to have restaurants in walking distance. However we apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. We continuously strive to be the best and you will see positive changes when you return to Rochester to our hotel

Reviewed 19 June 2014

my daughter and i have stayed here several times. our most recent stay was for her 6th birthday. she requested we go here. she loves that you can "rent" videos at the desk. she also love love loves the pool! the staff here is very friendly and breakfast is very good. i love that coffee is available in the lobby 24/7! id highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CISVisions, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Rochester Airport-University Area, NY, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Christine,

I am so pleased to know that you are one of our valued guests and we really appreciate your loyalty towards us. We thank you for your business and your repeated visits. Our DVD library, cookies and our Be our Guest Breakfast are always of a great value to all. I am so glad that your daughters loves all her visits here. We will keep doing the same we are and even better when you return back with her to our hotel.