“Clean and Comfortable with excellent customer service”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed for two days and liked everything at the hotel. Clean room, beautiful and well kept pool and great cookies. Pinkesh the manager and all the others we encountered were pleasant and gave us the best service. We will return soon.

• Stayed: July 2014
CISVisions, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hello Becky. We are thrilled to know that your stay with us was a delight and that our team was pleasant. We appreciate your time in writing this review in for our hotel. I am glad to know that you will be back to our hotel and we are sure that you will love your stay with us again. We look forward for your return back to Rochester soon.
Thank you so much again.
Pinkesh Patel, General Manager and the whole team at Country Inn & Suites Rochester, NY

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Country Inn & suites is the best hotel we have stayed in Rochester. It's all because of customer service and location. Akash, the front desk person was amazing and took care of all our family needs. He directed us to nice restaurants within a mile or two. All staff we came across from our housekeepers to person working breakfast and also maintenance greeted us with smiles. My family and me were stunned at how wonderful of an experience we had. The manager was always there helping housekeepers, attending to guests at the desk and also saw him spending time in the breakfast room with guests the whole week we spent at the hotel. I am sorry I do not recall his name. Everyone was professional dressed and attended to everyone's needs. I loved the hot tub and pool, kids had a great time. Hotel has DVDs in room with free rentals, great breakfast, nice complimentary dinner at holiday inn hotel which was a great value and food was nice too. Me and my family are definitely coming back to this hotel. Kudos to all staff members. Absolutely loved it here.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to make reservations. They will adhere to most of your requests, if you have...
1  Thank Bobby B

Fabulous!! Thank you so much for writing this stunning review about us. We appreciate your valuable time in doing so. I am thrilled that your stay with us was pleasant and we took care of all your needs. We will always keep up with our best services and make sure that your future stay with us will be even better.
Thank you so much again and I am sure we will see you soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My son and I were in town two nights in order to visit RIT. The location is decent for that. We couldn't walk to the campus, but it wasn't too far.

The hotel was clean, and the front staff was friendly. Our room was comfortable - nothing to write home about, but it was what I expected. The cookies, tea, and coffee in the lobby were nice.

Breakfast was better than average. The first morning we had real plates and silverware. The second morning it was paper plates and plastic forks. The second morning was very crowded.

I like to walk when on a road trip, and I felt safe doing that around this hotel. There was a neighborhood behind the hotel. There was a Fridays and Delmonicos next to the hotel. Neither of those were great, but it was nice not to have to get back in the car in order to eat dinner.

If my son ends up at RIT, I would definitely consider this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
CISVisions, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Your time is very valuable and we thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I am thrilled to hear about how our room were clean and that you liked all the amenities we have in rooms and in our lobby. Our location serves as a great value as RIT and University of Rochester are both close by and that we also provide shuttle service for guests visiting. We would love to have you come back and experience our hotel again and we will make sure that you do not encounter anything but good things at our hotel again. Thank you so much once again for writing about your experience at our hotel. And all the best to your son for the college hunt.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I spent four nights here while attending a convention last week. I decided to stay here in lieu of the host hotel downtown because the area can be a little sketchy. For the price, this was a pretty nice hotel. Its not the ritz, its not a vacation destination, its a nice basic hotel. Its a decent bed, and clean bathroom, I've spent alot more and got alot worse. The room was clean and smelled clean the bed and linens looked clean and the room itself, while a little older looked well kept and had a fridge and microwave. They offered free dinner at a sister hotel during the week and and the "free" breakfast seemed adequate. The room was not huge, but for the price who cares. Don't expect this place to be something its not and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello Hello.. Thank you so much to write a review about us. I appreciate your valuable time in doing so. I am glad that our hotel met your needs and that you were not disappointed. Our complimentary Dinner is now enhanced for our guests. I am also thrilled that our hotel was the best bang for the buck. We are doing our best to make sure our hotel is well kept. Thank you one more time for your valuable review.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I work for AAA and they knew that when I made my reservation so you would have thought they would have put me in a good room. I will start with the good. The employees were very nice and my bathroom, towels, and sheets were very clean. They did have a good selection for breakfast and fresh fruit and coffee or tea all day. Now to the bad and I know it isn't the mangers fault but Carlson hotels needs to fix it up. I had a 1 king bed suite and the carpet was full of stains and cut out in different areas with black markings all around it. There were a lot of lamps but the lighting was bad and they need to put in better light bulbs to make it brighter. I also noticed a lot of marks on the wall and the wall paper coming off in certain areas. The sad thing is that I read a review about this a few weeks ago on trip advisor and still nothing has been done and they are still renting out this room. The pool area was very small but clean and the hotel was packed but there were always towels in the pool area so that was good. I also found it strange that they had a sign in the breakfast area that said if we wanted to go plates and silverware to ask but all they had out was disposable plates and silverware. Even though I could see all of the real stuff in the room behind the breakfast room. I was also looking for some information about restaurants nearby or even what floors the vending and ice machine were on but there was nothing in the room to let me know. I was also curious about the alarm clock in my room. It wasn't plugged in even though there was a plug for it, I didn't try plugging it in because I wasn't sure if there was a reason it was left unplugged. I think if this hotel has some updates and redid the rooms that were falling apart it could be a great place to stay. It wasn't worth the money I spent and a lot of guests said the same thing at Breakfast.

3  Thank Lorraine L
CISVisions, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for the review and we appreciate your feedback and thoughts about our hotel. We genuinely apologize for all the concerns you had to face and that you were not satisfied with the accommodation of your room while staying here. We will discuss these concerns with staff and also management to ensure that all our guest rooms are to Country Inn & Suites Best Standards. I am glad to know that our staff service was good and breakfast delicious. We will look forward for your stay with us so that you can experience our changed and finest services we offer and I am sure that you would be able to tell the difference.
Again I sincerely apologize on these issues and we will be working diligently to address them.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was our fourth hotel in a week as we traveled around upstate NY and Canada. It was by far the smallest and worst kept room. There was water damage on the ceiling, rug damage and the desk chair was all torn. There was a faint smell that was probably due to the water. A lot of reviews here say the rooms were updated - I can't say the room we were in was updated at all. The bathroom was TINY. The staff was pleasant at check-in and the kids enjoyed the fruit and cookies at the front desk. Unfortunately, this does not make up for the condition of the room though.

1  Thank Janet D
CISVisions, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

My sincere apologies about all the concerns that you had during your stay and we are sorry that you had to go through this during your travel around the Upstate NY and Canada. We appreciate your valuable feedback and apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I will address condition issues with our team and management, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. However I am glad that our staff were courteous and pleasant for you and your family and that your kids enjoyed our fruits and cookies. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Nice clean modern hotel room with a great free breakfast. Use minutes from downtown Rochester or RIT. The front desk staff was very friendly. They have DVDs available for in room entertainment. Beds were comfortable and the shower was nice.

1  Thank Mike M

I am so thrilled to know that our hotel’s location served as a benefit to you. Our amenities are all geared towards making our guests’ stay comfortable and enjoyable. Amenities like our In-room DVD’s, cookies and Coffee, Board games, and also our Sweet Dreams Program that includes ear plugs, eye masks, a noise machine and also 3 kinds of pillows for a sound sleep that our guests can borrow during their stay here. Again I thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review about us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.