“Typical Country Inn & Suites” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Typical Country Inn & Suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

My elderly mother and I stayed here as a stopover on a driving trip from Indiana to New Hampshire. With directions from AAA, the hotel was easy to find. It seems to be in a suburban area, and was relatively quiet. There is a TGI Fridays and Italian steakhouse in the same parking lot, and many other food choices within a mile or two, as well as a mall, and the lovely Wegman's grocery store. We were a little disconcerted to see a prominent sign when we went to park about how they are not responsible if your car is broken into. Then when we went into the hotel, there was a notice on the front desk about a rash of vehicle break ins in the area, mainly targeting GPS. We had no problems with that however. Check in was fairly quick, there were fresh baked cookies, and coffee, etc in the lobby. We were disappointed to find our room refrigerator not working. The young man at the front desk came to look at it, he said maintenence was gone for the day. He offered us the use of the office fridge if we needed it, and offered to take something off the bill for the inconvenience. The room seemed clean, Beds were comfy. Bathroom a little small, and toilet low, but it was usable. Sinks outside the bathroom. Breakfast in the morning was different, corned beef hash and scrambled eggs, plus the usual continental breakfast offerings. The breakfast room was small and full, so we did not partake. Upon checkout the discount had not been applied, but the checkout person willingly gave me the discount when I told her what happened. All in all it was a nice stay. The hotel was completely full, but we had no problems with noise.

• Stayed July 2009
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Rochester, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2009

It appears that there are no reviews here yet for the fairly recently renovated Country Inns & Suites in Brighton/Henrietta, New York (a suburb of Rochester). I can't give a full review as I have not actually stayed here myself, but my parents came to visit us and stayed here for five nights. I went over to see their room and thought I should post my impressions and their experiences.
My parents booked a king "suite". I have to say that when I saw the room, I was somewhat disappointed based on other suites I've stayed in in other hotels. The main room is quite small. The king-sized bed takes up most of the space. There is not a full "kitchen," rather there is a mini fridge and a tiny microwave set into a nook in one wall. The main room also had a desk, TV on a dresser, and one desk chair. This is the only chair in the suite.
There is a second room off the main room which I guess is what allows them to call it a "suite." This is really just a small narrow room attached to the first. In this room was a sofa and another TV on a stand. I think that was all that was in the room. Not sure if the sofa was a sofabed but it would be impossible to open it up if it were, unless one moved the TV.
The decor in the room was minimal and it had an overall feeling of being somewhat "tired," despite the claims by the hotel of the recent renovations.
My parents had a decent stay here, but experienced some housekeeping problems, such as toilet paper not being replaced. The heating system was noisy and the engineer had to come up and fix it (he told them that some of the heating units had been replaced in the rooms, but not in theirs.)
The lobby is quite small and while it was nicely decorated, there was minimal room for people to sit around. There are two computers in the lobby for people to use, but they are right out in the middle of everything, so there is no privacy.
My Dad said the complimentary breakfast was fine although the hours it was served were quite short--it ended at 9 AM.
The hotel is located at the back of a busy complex which includes two restaurants, a TGI Fridays and a Delmonico's steakhouse. This means that it is quite busy around the hotel on weekend nights. On the plus side, it is very convenient to the highways and to shopping on the "miracle mile" (Jefferson Rd.) in Henrietta.
If you are looking for more of a true "suite hotel" experience in Rochester you may want to check out the Homewood Suites.