Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece
US$125
Travelocity
US$153
Orbitz.com
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece(Rochester)(Great Value!)
US$90
All reviewsgranola barsinstant oatmealfull kitchenroom was cleanelectric burnerspots and pansquiet locationhome away from homerochester greeceother hotelsplace to staywould definitely stay here againbusiness tripveterinarydeskfridgeaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My family had two rooms at this property, a Queen room on the second floor, and two double beds on the first floor. The second (and top) floor room was quiet, the first floor had a lot of hallway noise and from above too. Definitely a huge difference in room noise. I recommend only staying on the top floor! Rooms were clean, big enough. One room had a broken bathtub valve and the other had the smoke alarm hanging by the wire, so we were not impressed with the maintenance. Our bathtub also had a number of hairs in it when we checked in, so cleaning was not very thorough. I had requested and paid for a King bed, but none was available so was given a Queen, but still charged the King price. The bed was comfortable. The only personal care items given were a couple of small soaps. No hair dryer either, which I was surprised about. I thought that was a pretty standard item.

The kitchen area had 2 stove burners, a fridge and microwave. Only a saucepan and frying pan to cook in, no tea kettle, making heating up water and pouring it into my mug tricky.

Breakfast consisted of coffee, lukewarm water with tea bags one day only, and hot chocolate packets one day only also (we stayed two nights). There were packaged blueberry and chocolate muffins, granola bars, apples, oranges, and instant oatmeal packets. Breakfast is set out on a small shelf in the office area, there is no where to eat, so you have to go back to your room or take it with you.

We had a last minute rate for the room, which was a good deal. Otherwise I would stay in the Hampton next door for only a little more money, and get a nicer room, better hot breakfast, and a lobby to meet up with friends. I have stayed at Residence Inns before,and they are much nicer (a little pricier too). The Extended Stay Greece was an okay place to stay, and that's it.

Room Tip: Definitely get a second floor room!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

this motel unit is very clean, friendly and has great service. location is great & quiet
location is a little tricky to find off the main drag. Overal it is a great location for business or shopping etc.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThoroldRobert
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I go up to Rochester rather regularly and I would never stay anywhere else there. The desk is friendly and courteous and the rooms are spacious and the kitchen area is clean and handy.Everytime I come they remember me and go out of there way if I have need of anything. Also they are pet friendly and that is a hudge plus for me.

Room Tip: Ask if you need a quiet room and they will go out of their way to provide your individual needs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Reviewed 23 October 2012

I have stayed at extended stay properties in different areas around the country. I have also stayed at other motels, as I am frequently away on business. I have been staying at Extended Stay Greece NY for over 3 months now, 2 days each week. I cannot remember ever being this comfortable, whether it was staff courtesy, room accomodations, amenities, like full kicthen, and the desk / managerial staff were the most helpful of any desk staff that i have met. The price is right, and I expected them to raise their rates after the unbelievable renovations, but they didnt'. Now you get extended prices and holiday inn express accomodations. I recommend this facility for value and accomodations. Its near highways, eateries, and all shopping.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, there are entrances / exits on all sides with easy access to all parking areas.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pogipa
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Everything was fresh and new. Loved having a kitchen area with full sized refrigerator countertop and sink to prepare some veggies to snack on. The peninsula with desk chairs was perfect for eating and using the computer. WiFi was sufficient. The room was very clean. Reasonably priced. Great updates. Ron, at the desk aimed to please.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience on the Tripadvisor website. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition. I will also pass along the wonderful kudos to Ron who you mentioned in your review.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location