“Great location, dog-friendly”

and 1 more site!
Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We always stay at this hotel when visiting in Greece, NY. Right near all the stores and main roads but in a quiet location. The kitchen facilities help us save money by not eating out. The dog is welcome and it is easy to walk around the surrounding properties.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Ellen - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. We truly enjoyed providing for you and your dog!

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights (a week apart). The check-in process both times was quick and efficient. This facility has guests staying long-term and rooms have a full kitchen. No shampoo is provided, just bar soap, so bring your own shampoo. The room had a wall mounted flat screen TV with about 26 channels available (good selection) and the free Wi-Fi was strong in the rooms both times. One night, I did hear a barking dog in one of the rooms which woke me up. There's a banner on the outside of the building saying rooms were completely renovated but the rooms still looked a little dated. It's located at the end of a quiet street and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that you were disturbed by some outside noises during the evening. Still, we are very happy to know that we were able to provide you with an overall comfortable stay.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

We were here from april 15 to april 21. Good price and it is a clean, nice place to sleep and chill out. I wish I had requested getting a room on the 1st floor but we got the second floor. Have arthritis can hardly walk. Next time we request 1st floor. I have no problem not having maid service each day that will cost more. Helps me not paying extra charges. As long as its clean. And it is.

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your room here. On your future visits, please let us know if you wish to have a room on the first floor and we will be happy to accomodate you.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Stayed two nights and was very pleased with this establishment. Spotlessly clean room with kitchen facilities. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the water in the shower stayed hot. I didn't cook, but the full refrigerator kept water and snacks cold. The WiFi worked flawlessly was and was free. Cable tv was working fine. Didn't grab and go for breakfast, but it was offered and appeared to be exactly as advertised. Considering the rest of the hotels in the area were at least double the price, this was the biggest bargain in Rochester. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone traveling to Rochester.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding all aspects of your stay. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Perfectly clean and updated. ESA doesn't do all the services that other hotels offer - it keeps prices low - but as long as you know what you're getting, this is a great place to stay. The room was beautifully appointed and the bed was very comfortable. Good, free internet service.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank STBlacklaw
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels

Reviewed 6 April 2013

I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Extended Stay America in Greece, NY. The location is quite convenient but the hotel isn't that easy to find. It's located behind the Hampton Inn & is accessed through the Hampton Inn parking lot. There are no signs to point you in the right direction. No big deal, just be prepared to visit the veterinary hospital and another hotel or two first before finding the right location.

We were greeted with a sign that said that the front desk isn't staffed overnight along with a number to call for assistance during "off" hours. I suppose it's appropriate to warn folks ahead of time but I'm not a big fan of any business telling me what they're NOT going to do for me.

The man who checked us in was pleasant and helpful. We had booked 3 weeks prior and requested a room that was ground floor & close to the main entrance as my mother was traveling with me and has mobility issues. Needless to say, we were not too pleased to learn our room would be on the 2nd floor, although it was fairly close to the elevator.

Our room was absolutely immaculate and trust me, I'm fussy when it comes to cleanliness. It was better than expected which was a pleasant surprise.

I would have rated our stay higher had it not been for 2 issues. On the second night, I woke up to the sound of a group of people shouting & laughing. When the noised continued for some time, I called the front desk to complain. The woman who answered cut me off & said she already had received complaints & had told the group, who had apparently been in the hallway, to go to their rooms. I could still hear them inside their rooms & after about another 30 minutes, I called again. This time she told me I was mistaken and that I was actually hearing someone whom she'd just checked in as they looked for their room. I paid to have a place to sleep for 2 full nights and was very unhappy that didn't happen. To add insult to injury, the staff member was dismissive of me rather than taking appropriate action against those who were disrupting those who were trying to sleep.

In the morning I went down to their "grab & go" breakfast area which is directly across from the front desk. There, I overheard the two employees standing there, discussing the contents of a bag that a customer had left behind followed by discussion regarding a co worker of theirs. I never find it a good idea for people to discuss customers or co workers in front of a customer. I found it terribly distasteful.

All that said, I probably would stay here again based on the fact that the rooms were cleaned to a very high standard. I would just not expect a great customer service experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Sleep Quality
Rooms
Cleanliness

Ask greecer about Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece

November 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Stayed for one night, best Extended Stay ever. In fact, one of the best stays I've had for the money anywhere, in 17 years of traveling. Newly renovated rooms make the difference. Great location, easy to find, quiet, nice details, roomy, excellent bathroom, great kitchenette, as I said, a great-for-the money room: very clean, very new, like staying in a model home. I'd stay here again in a minute next time I'm through Rochester. Thanks to the staff, especially Matt Wright.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013