“Unethical practices of overcharging for days you were not in the state nonetheless staying in this hotel!! Did not have my reser”

Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece
Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Find a name brand hotel where you get service!!!, this dive was too expensive and no one did anything for you including additional soap, towels or maid service. It appears more for homeless people who need a place to stay for extended time!!!! Not executives who are away from home. Carol at the front desk kept repeating to lock our door to be safe. I did not feel comfortable in the place my entire stay. The mgr Bob is a jerk with absolutely no people skills and the rest of what staff I saw were unskilled. I travel as the VP of a company and this was a stay for my daughters graduation from Brockport. The only thing good about my stay is that I only had to sleep in the musty smelling room!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to obtain your desired room type. Please know, when booking through a 3rd party, the reservation will be for the standard room type, which includes a standard room with queen size bed at our property. If a guest has special needs, we recommend that they contact us directly before booking with the third party website so that we can check for availability of the room type in question. Unfortunately, because this step was not taken, an upgrade fee was applied to the bill. As this hotel's manager, I can assure the additional fee was for the room type upgrade being made on-site, and not for any other reason. Still, I am very sorry for the way our staff handled your situation and will coach them on ways to improve our service in the future.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at grc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Good location, close to restaurants and the Greece Town Mall. On a nice quiet residential street. Rooms are nice, clean and modern. Staff is very helpful. This is a longer stay property so it does not have daily housekeeping or toiletries. It does have a kitchen so it is great for families.
There is no pool or gym. Overall a good experience but for a night or two I would prefer a full service property.

Room Tip: Nice quiet location away from the main street, we had the windows open and were not disturbed. The...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
John - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be a good value. Also, that the staff was helpful.

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We always stay at this hotel when visiting in Greece, NY. Right near all the stores and main roads but in a quiet location. The kitchen facilities help us save money by not eating out. The dog is welcome and it is easy to walk around the surrounding properties.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Ellen - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. We truly enjoyed providing for you and your dog!

Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights (a week apart). The check-in process both times was quick and efficient. This facility has guests staying long-term and rooms have a full kitchen. No shampoo is provided, just bar soap, so bring your own shampoo. The room had a wall mounted flat screen TV with about 26 channels available (good selection) and the free Wi-Fi was strong in the rooms both times. One night, I did hear a barking dog in one of the rooms which woke me up. There's a banner on the outside of the building saying rooms were completely renovated but the rooms still looked a little dated. It's located at the end of a quiet street and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that you were disturbed by some outside noises during the evening. Still, we are very happy to know that we were able to provide you with an overall comfortable stay.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

We were here from april 15 to april 21. Good price and it is a clean, nice place to sleep and chill out. I wish I had requested getting a room on the 1st floor but we got the second floor. Have arthritis can hardly walk. Next time we request 1st floor. I have no problem not having maid service each day that will cost more. Helps me not paying extra charges. As long as its clean. And it is.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your room here. On your future visits, please let us know if you wish to have a room on the first floor and we will be happy to accomodate you.

New York City
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights and was very pleased with this establishment. Spotlessly clean room with kitchen facilities. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the water in the shower stayed hot. I didn't cook, but the full refrigerator kept water and snacks cold. The WiFi worked flawlessly was and was free. Cable tv was working fine. Didn't grab and go for breakfast, but it was offered and appeared to be exactly as advertised. Considering the rest of the hotels in the area were at least double the price, this was the biggest bargain in Rochester. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone traveling to Rochester.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding all aspects of your stay. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Perfectly clean and updated. ESA doesn't do all the services that other hotels offer - it keeps prices low - but as long as you know what you're getting, this is a great place to stay. The room was beautifully appointed and the bed was very comfortable. Good, free internet service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank STBlacklaw
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Comfort Inn West
Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece
Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Residence Inn Rochester West/Greece
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece

Been to Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece? Share your experiences!