“New carpet and smell good”

Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were very surprise by reading the coments, everything in this hotel was nice and clean.The front staff desk,were so friendly and helpful. It really was super clean, bed,bathroom,towels,the kitchen has eveything you need to stay a long time,we only stay 2 nights and we loved it. Thanks! for the great stay.!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Maria - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad that you found our hotel be clean and the staff to be so friendly as well as helpful. As well, it is great to know that you truly enjoyed your room.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This place needs a big upgrade. Everything is old and smelly. Complimentary breakfast was okay but no milk or cereal for the kids. The rooms are very smelly old beat up feeling. The worst part was the false fire alarm that sent everyone outside at 2:30am!

Avoid this place!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that there was an issue with the smell and level of cleanliness in your guest room. Since your stay, our housekeeping staff deep cleaned your room and eliminated the smell. I also apologize for the fire alarm going off, but please know your safety is our top priority. I assure you we do not want to evacuate the building at that time of the morning; however, our goal is to provide our guests with a safe and comfortable stay at our hotel.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at grc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Place needs a big upgrade. Everything is old and tired. Complimentary breakfast was awful. Staff is bored. Undercover Boss needs to show up. Bathrooms yucky. Smelly old beat up feeling. Best part false fire alarm sent everyone outside at 2am!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were not happy with the cleanliness of the hotel. In addition, the non-smoking rooms reeked of smoke, and since there are kitchenettes, the room also reeked of Chinese food!
We tried two different non-smoking rooms, but both had past smokers.
The coffeemaker had crumbs in the coffee filter and the clothes drawers had hairs from past occupants. That was enough for us to move along.

Room Tip: If odors bother you...ask to see the room before you check-in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronmin
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My husband and I just booked Extended Stay America through Priceline. We opted to go with the pay before you know exactly which hotel you will be staying at only the number of stars the area and the amenities offered. We usually try to take advantage of this option because of budgeting reasons. We have never had a problem by using Priceline in this way and we travel to Rochester (Greece) at least twice a year for 10-days at a time. Unfortunately when I called the hotel to let them know I would need a handicapped room, I was told that they were booked (This hotel has 125 rooms and they only have 2 designated handicapped rooms. I can understand that with only 2 rooms it could present a problem but I have never run into this in the past 10 years of making reservations this way. I was also informed by the hotel that if I did get a handicapped room they would have to charge me an extra $10.00 plus tax a night . Since when is it acceptable to punish a person who is handicapped by charging more for a room. I have never encountered this at any Rochester hotels EVER. People like myself have not chosen to have these disabilities and should not be treated in such a manner. I felt I needed to post this to let other travelers with disabilities know that it would be best if they avoided this hotel. Please spread the word that ESA (Greece) does not allow for fair treatment of those of us that were not blessed with perfect bodies.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suestag

Sue - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. As this hotel’s manager, I assure you that the additional fee was due to the original reservation being for a room of lesser value. I truly apologize that this was not communicated to you properly and if it caused any inconvenience. You are important to us and it was a true pleasure having you visit our hotel.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Find a name brand hotel where you get service!!!, this dive was too expensive and no one did anything for you including additional soap, towels or maid service. It appears more for homeless people who need a place to stay for extended time!!!! Not executives who are away from home. Carol at the front desk kept repeating to lock our door to be safe. I did not feel comfortable in the place my entire stay. The mgr Bob is a jerk with absolutely no people skills and the rest of what staff I saw were unskilled. I travel as the VP of a company and this was a stay for my daughters graduation from Brockport. The only thing good about my stay is that I only had to sleep in the musty smelling room!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to obtain your desired room type. Please know, when booking through a 3rd party, the reservation will be for the standard room type, which includes a standard room with queen size bed at our property. If a guest has special needs, we recommend that they contact us directly before booking with the third party website so that we can check for availability of the room type in question. Unfortunately, because this step was not taken, an upgrade fee was applied to the bill. As this hotel's manager, I can assure the additional fee was for the room type upgrade being made on-site, and not for any other reason. Still, I am very sorry for the way our staff handled your situation and will coach them on ways to improve our service in the future.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at grc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Good location, close to restaurants and the Greece Town Mall. On a nice quiet residential street. Rooms are nice, clean and modern. Staff is very helpful. This is a longer stay property so it does not have daily housekeeping or toiletries. It does have a kitchen so it is great for families.
There is no pool or gym. Overall a good experience but for a night or two I would prefer a full service property.

Room Tip: Nice quiet location away from the main street, we had the windows open and were not disturbed. The...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

John - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be a good value. Also, that the staff was helpful.