“Enjoyed the Mansion” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Mansion of Saratoga
Yorkville, New York
“Enjoyed the Mansion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Mansion overnight while visiting Saratoga. It was our first time staying at a Bed & Breakfast. We stayed in the Casswood Suite. It was just as it was described on line. It had a beautiful very big bathroom, with a jucuzzi tub. The bathroom opened to a private deck, which was lovely, with a table and 2 chairs. The room was just beautiful, as well as other rooms we were able to look into.
The staff were wonderful, helpful, and very friendly. Rick, the chef was great. Great food.
There were other guests there and it was very quiet.

I would recommend this Bed and Breakfast, and we plan on returning again soon.
We also got a great rate considering it was racing season.....

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

Our experience with the Mansion Inn is a little twisted. We visited just this past weekend for a wedding I was to be in at the Mansion. Upon arrival, we checked in. It had been an unsually hot 2 weeks in the area. Our room was in the attic, 3rd floor and was as HOT as anything. The air had not been running the entire day. THey showed us how to run the stand up space air conditioner and there was a window AC unit in the one window which was located on the second "floor" of our room. THe room alone was a disappointment, I would NEVER have paid that amount of money for that room. I am glad we ended up leaving the Mansion and saving the money. Other rooms looked goregeous and would have definitely been well worth the money. I would not suggest the 3rd floor/ attic room at all. We let the AC run for 2-3 hours and it still did not cool off at all (that is after the fuses blew out a few times and then both AC units either stopped working or stopped blowing cool air), i was sweating getting ready for rehersal dinner. We decided to stay at another motel for the weekend which was definitely the right option considering what the room was and how hot it was in there.
However the food was most execellent... i really cannot say enough about it. Our rehersal dinner was fantastic. I graciously accepted their invitation to come back for breakfast each morning and am so glad I did. My 2 breakfasts there was nothing short of fantastic. The Stuffed french toast with banana foster type syrup on top was just absolutely amazing. Our wedding dinner was also fantastic... i ate everything including the veggies. Again I cannot say enough about every single thing I ate there.

I would definitely give The Mansion another chance. Other rooms looked goregous, the grounds were beautiful and given our start with the staff which was not the best due to our room, the staff was friendly enough.
Just no 3rd floor for me next time!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Pinehurst, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

Beautiful, old, clean well kept place. Huge rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great Breakfasts. I have traveled to Saratoga about 10 different times for racing season. Once I stayed here, I have not gone anywhere else. We have stayed here 4 or 5 times.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights during the middle of the week in November. We had a great stay! When we weren't walking around Saratoga, we were at the B&B talking to Shannon who is one of two innkeepers. She was very helpful and friendly. Because we went offseason, we got a great rate, only $100 per night. It a good place to go if you want to get away from the craziness of daily life. Relaxing! We will definitely be staying here in the future. I would suggest visiting the recently opened winery store just down the road from the B&B called the Saratoga Winery and Tasting Room. They have nice locally made wines at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Berkeley, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

I stayed here over a long weekend with a large group of friends - we actually took over the entire inn, which was great. I think that the pictures and representation of the inn online are a little inflated - the decor is amazing, and most of the rooms are beautiful (see below). The grounds are great, there is a huge deck - with outdoor bathrooms, which is really handy at night - and the service they gave us was great.

The rooms are incredibly different - some of them are huge, and some have wonderful, spacious bathrooms. However, some are just average that you would see in a normal apartment. Additionally, most of them have tiny bathrooms attached with a standing shower and a toilet that is right up against a wall, which is incredibly uncomfortable. I understand that it is an old house, so that most of the "modern" improvements have been add-ons, but they are still not completely what I would expect for the price.

After wandering around the whole place and seeing huge, spacious rooms with amazing huge beds with beautiful linens (although with the strange small bathrooms), I found my room - and it was small, decorated with heavy dark colors, with double beds. However - this room is one of only two or three that have a bathtub! Which was good to use, as our shower was not great. Because we spent most of our time out for wedding prep, I didn't mind our room as much. But if I had been a traveler and spent all my downtime there, I think I would have been a bit peeved, especially considering the other rooms.

I will say that the breakfast is amazing - lots of options and everything is made for you when you order. We also had a BBQ here, and the food and service was great - as were the bartenders. The staff is also a huge draw - they were incredibly gracious and were willing to help us with almost anything - including helping us tie ribbons onto the programs the morning of the wedding.

Overall, I would say just pick your room carefully, then eat well and soak in the surroundings.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank KKinCali
rockport texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2008

We traveled across New England from Niagara Falls to New York City to see the color of leaves and visiting our kids in the city. This was our second stop and turned out to be the best B and B on the trip. The Mansion was built in the middle of the 19th century. The present owners have completely renovated this magnificent building, and the grounds. It has antiques, true to the period of the house. The look of the house changes with the seasons. We stayed in the High Rock room. This is the attic that also has the "widow's walk" set up as a siiting room with the TV. Not one detail has been missed. The Grounds (I believe it's a couple of acres) has gardens that I believe would be fantastic in season . They have a pond with 3 swans. Rick the Chef told us that they do a lot of weddings (up to 125 people) either in the house or in their "barn". Now, the food. Rick was professionally trained (I believe he said Cordon Blu(?) )Each person had a choice of Pancakes, some kind of stuffed omelettes, or the banana foster covered French toast. The french toast, with a side of bacon, was great. The Mansion is a few miles outside of Saratoga Springs. It was off season (THE season is when the horses are racing, July-August?) but the town was still quite busy I would guess because of the leaf peepers like us. Saratoga Springs is a very pretty little town with lots of stores and resturants.
The innkeepers are great. They helped with resturant reccommendations. They also shared the local history,both of the Mansion and the surrounding area in an interesting manner.
One of the most pleasant and professional experiences we have ever had.

• Liked — professionalism
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
rockland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2008

Last minute plans, in racing season - most if inns and hotels in Saratoga, require 2 night minimum, Saratoga itself was booked solid, except for 1 or 2 very dingy looking motels - so after much research on the surrounding areas and towns, I found this inn. It is situated about 10 -15 minute drive west, on Route 29. The inn was beautiful, the staff very attentive but not overbearing. Our room was nice, though the bathroom was TINY. The breakfast was delicious - homemade scones, muffins and hot dishes as well.

I would recommend this Inn, though next time I will book earlier and try one closer to town.

• Liked — staff, beauty of inn and grounds
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rock City Falls
The Gideon Putnam
#6 of 32 in Saratoga Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,098 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratoga Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratog...
#2 of 32 in Saratoga Springs
#8 of 32 in Saratoga Springs
Union Gables Mansion Inn
Union Gables Mansion Inn
#1 of 14 in Saratoga Springs

Been to The Mansion of Saratoga? Share your experiences!