“Family Seder”

Bernies Holiday Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bernies Holiday Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Rock Hill
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: American Fish House and Steak House est. 1963. Our menu features fresh local foods served in creative ways. We offer a raw bar, live lobsters, and local steaks including the famous Dodge Inn Steak. We feature the most well stocked bar in the area including 20 wines by the glass as well as a $25 wine list. Located at Exit 109 on Rt. 17, we are just minutes from Resorts World Catskill Casino. We are the perfect place to stop on your way there or home. Find out for yourself why Bernie's has been around for over 50 years.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had such a wonderful experience having our family seder at BHR. The staff set a beautiful table and were wonderful to all their guests. The food was served family style and all the dishes were delicious. They were even so kind as to bring some cereal to my fussy eater 3 year old grandson.We loved it and hope to be back again next year and for years to come.

1  Thank lindaengelson

Reviewed 6 January 2014

we stayed at the Sullivan and walked over to the restaurant. We were a party of 12. The food was amazing! Calamari was a big hit. Loved the stuffed clams. Bread basket had assortment of breads that were wonderful. We were able to order from the Crust Italian menu for the kids but the portions were so large adults enjoyed it as well. We tried the Dodge Inn Steak and it cut like butter. Wonderful taste. Seafood pasta was flavorful and a lot of seafood. Sweet potato soup was a big hit even with those that don't like sweet potatoes! Try the homemade Chicken Pot Pie you will love it. Wonderful crust. We wanted to visit so they offered to hold the main meal a bit to give everyone time to enjoy the appetizers and salads. Will stop in for a meal every time I am in the area. Try it if you have had a bad experience before and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank ejk132
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We enjoyed our dinner while staying one night at The Sullivan Hotel. All of the food was very good, but the calamari was awesome! I am tempted to drive the 3 hours from home just to sample again.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I'll admit that I had to be convinced to eat at Bernie's since I have such bad memories of what it was years ago. But I had such a great dinner that I actually came back up from Long Island, stayed at The Sullivan and ate at Bernie's again. The food was well prepared and the portions were more than adequate. The staff is super friendly and the food arrived in a timely manner. Yes, the prices are city prices but you do get a very nice salad with your entree. I'll definitely return when I'm in the area again.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We went to Bernies a few years ago and had an over priced and terrible experience. We were told that they now have new owners and the food was better. So we decided to give it another try earlier this week. The decor was definitely better and we were hopeful, but it went downhill from there. Service was extremely slow and they kept bringing the wrong dishes, the tables next to us were rolling their eyes in our shared frustration. My fried oyster appetizer finally arrived. It was a messy looking plate, with completely over fried batter - I mention batter only because the oyster was so burnt that it basically disintegrated inside the batter. No self respected chef would ever put that on a plate and serve it. Almost all of the rest of the food was over cooked, from my daughter's "medium" hamburger, to my wife's salmon, to the bake potato on my plate.

When we left, we said good luck to the other tables who smiled understandingly.

If you would like to have this comical experience, go soon. They are not going to stay in business for long.

2  Thank AlexTFLee