“Seafood so fresh it was worth every penny, great meal!”

Bernies Holiday Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Rock Hill
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: American/Asian Food
Sullivan Cty, NY
“Seafood so fresh it was worth every penny, great meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Wife and I had a fantastic meal at Bernie's this past Saturday night. We had heard they offer not only a decent Sushi menu but a great seafood selection. We were not disappointed! The place is bright and clean and the wait staff was very friendly. I was looking forward to the raw bar, especially the Oysters. I chose a half dozen of the freshest Prince Edward Island oysters I have ever eaten. We then shared the Wasabi Fire Cracker Calamari, the portion could have fed 4 people and was a great mixture of just the right amount of heat. We had to many choices for dinner so we will be back. This night being a fan of the old Dodge Inn I had the Dodge Inn Steak and Stuffed Shrimp, both were excellent and the steak fries were so crisp I had to share them. The steak was cooked to perfection, I like it rare and it was, severed with some cooked onions there was a huge portion of everything. My wife had the fish tacos and again the plates were full to the brim. Everything was fresh, hot and served right on time. One note of warning, the bread is fantastic and served with the best mix of herb/spiced Olive Oil, you will be tempted to fill up on the bread alone but don't. We watched the waiters fish out lobsters for a neighboring table and they came out cooked with in a timely manner. All our questions were answered and we could not feel more comfortable. We will be back for sure, especially once we saw the size of the sushi rolls. Pricing was very reasonable considering the food we chose, they have a price fixed menu is you are in a hurry for a concert at Bethelwoods. If you want fast and cheap go to the Crust next door, the pizza is delish!

1 Thank bklyntommy

Woodridge, New York
“The Finest Restaurant in the Catskills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have had the pleasure of dining at BHR. First of all the staff was always concerned about the needs of a costumer. Second the atmosphere of BHR is nearly perfect to view. Last but not least the quality of the food one views and eats is superb.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank O1053PQmichaelw
“Great sushi and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I went there a couple weeks ago with a few friends for dinner. When we arrived, we were greeted with smiles from the staff, and sat immediately. The waiter came over quickly, his name was Derrick, and was wonderful! He explained where everything was on the menu and answered all of our questions we had about the sushi. The sushi we ordered was amazing!! A great presentation and tasted even better! Derrick made the rest of the evening fantastic with his prompt service and his upbeat personality! We will definitely be back because of our experience!!

“Romantic Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband planned my 29th surprise birthday dinner at Bernies a couple of weeks ago. Everything was wonderful!! The sushi was delicious, ambience was romantic and the staff was amazing! They paid attention to every detail, helping my husband to execute the best dinner!! They set up a private table for us on the patio, with champagne and beautiful sunflowers. It really was the best birthday I've ever had!

New York City, New York
“Hit and Miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stopped here for dinner after leaving New York late Friday after we saw the adverts along the roadside.

An interesting set up with restaurant, bar area and outside seating. Our starters were pretty average - the ceviche was dry and flavourless, the calamari looked more fast food than seafood delicacy and was covered in a mayo sauce that wasn't great.

The best part of my meal was the steak as part of the steak and shrimp main - the rest I could have done without. Also be warned - the portion sizes are massive so you really don't need to order all the much.

Having said that, the sushi that was being served looked amazing and in hindsight we should have ordered that.

• Visited July 2014