“Prime Rib!!”

Decoy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The best prime rib in the area for sure! They also have some other great dishes, never a bad meal here!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

went on friday for the fish fry. don't let the crowded parking lot scare you. there's plenty of room, and great service. saturday is prime rib day.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The restaurant is in a converted house. It has a real friendly homey feel. It was Prime Rib night and we both chose that. You help yourself to the salad bar to start. Prices were very reasonable and very large portions. I had rice and my friend had the baked potato. I was surprised that they didn't have a better wine by the glass selection, seeing as they are in a wine region, but it was fine. It was exactly what we were looking for.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

My husband and I were staying in Dundee for a long weekend up by Seneca Lake to do the wine trail. We were looking for a place to go for dinner locally and The Decoy received decent reviews on tripadvisor. Our experience was not as favorable as some others. The hostess who seated us was very rude- did not make us feel welcome.She seemed unhappy that she had to seat us. Our server on the other hand was very friendly and helpful. She did attend to us frequently and made sure we were comfortable. Our food was just ok. What I did like was that they had vegetarian options that suited me. We started with the fried pickles which were mediocre- nothing to rave about. My husband got the buffalo chicken sandwich which he enjoyed but the fries were bland. I got the pesto and sun dried tomato pasta which wasn't all that bad- very oily though.It came with a side of over boiled green beans- bleh. My meal came with the salad bar- which was pretty much a bowl of bland lettuce on a table in the middle of the room with a side of several messy containers. Not my cup of tea. What I did notice was that a lot of families were present and I can see where it is a family friendly atmosphere. I would not go back but in the winter up here in the Finger Lakes area and several places are not open I can see how some would enjoy it. I think it would be a better bet to drive down the road to Watkins Glen and find something else.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

My husband and I had dinner at The Decoy while visiting Seneca Lake. The atmosphere was clean, comfortable, and decorated with the duck & decoy theme. The waitress was very nice and the food was good. The prices were average for dinner. I don't know that I'd rave about it, but did think it was a nice place to stop for a meal.

I had crab cakes which were tasty, though I didn't find any real lump crab meat. My husband enjoyed his blackened Mahi Mahi. The salads were fresh and crisp, the fries were quite good, but the mixed vegetables were limp and tasteless. It was a combination of good and not so good, but I'd try it again if I was in the neighborhood.