“It was ok”

Magnus Ridge Winery
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The building is beautiful and all the gifts were wonderful to look at; however, they really need to work on their wine. The women waiting on us was nice and the pairing of cheese was a different idea; however, the wine was just not that great! I was offered a job, but the wine would need to be better for me if I was to do something like that. Keep trying, we might be back!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Magnus Ridge Winery is quickly becoming my favorite winery in the Finger Lakes. The 2012 pinot gris is amazing and it's worth going just for that. The wine tasting is done with a cheese pairing and includes about 8 wines. More and more wineries do food pairings with the tasting but rarely have the pairings been this good.

There is a very nice outdoor patio and garden to drink a glass (or bottle) of wine and just relax.

If you aren't in the mood for a wine tasting you can also do a gin, vodka, beer and cider tasting. Next time I'm here I need to find a sober friend to drive so I can try everything else!

2  Thank katie1984_10
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Loved this place. You sat down to sample wine & cheese. Very Beautiful Place. The cheese was out of this world. Did not care for the wine here. Gift shop was o.k.

3  Thank Nancy0556
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Went to Seneca Lake on a bus trip and this was my favorite stop! The wine and cheese pairings were awesome and Sandy was very knowledgable on everything! The gift shop is really nice too! Definitely will return!

3  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Did a tour around the lake and although we did not hit every winery, the small group I was with all felt that our stop at Magnus was by far the best. The facility was very nice and inviting. The host for the tasting was super friendly and we loved her. Although I cannot remember her name...sorry! Pairing the cheese with the wine was a great touch. Customer service stands out in our minds here...along with a very attractive facility. Tons of things to look at and browse the "store". This was a great find. We will be back!

3  Thank Hemo14