“Is this the best rockville center has ?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville Centre

Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville Centre
Sacramento, California
“Is this the best rockville center has ?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

This place is outdated. It needs a serious renovation . There are hairs in the bathtub and other places . It is not as clean as it should be . Also it is in a random spot without being in walking distance to anything. Oh and the air conditoner is very dirty . I was dissapointed .

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Caligirl1993

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

Hotel was very accommodating. The air conditioner was broken, but they replaced it quickly after first offering to move us to another room. I was under the weather when I checked in. They had mint tea in the lobby and got me a banana. Room was spotless and the staff gracious.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Vegghead
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Nice-sized rooms and pleasant common areas. Staff were helpful, too

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank EHirschhorn
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

While not a four-star hotel by any means, the Hampton Inn in Rockville Centre, is very clean and has a helpful staff. The location is a bit tricky to find, as the hotel is sandwiched in between Merrick Ave and Sunrise Highway, so you arrive on a one-way street. This means when you leave the hotel, you can only exit by taking a right turn, making the getting around a bit confusing. The Hampton Inn is a no-frills hotel but has the essential basics: free wi-fi, more than ample fitness center, very clean rooms, free parking in lot and accommodating staff. Views are not great; our ground floor room looked out to a brick wall, but since our stay was brief, it was not a problem.

Right around the corner is a 24/7 King Kullen grocery store, handy for last minute purchases. Rooms all come with small refrigerators and microwaves, so it's possible to pick up a few things to store in your room. Hotel serves free breakfast.. cereal, bagels, rolls, waffles, and fruit, but has no room service or in-house dining.

Overall, OK, but the ($199) rate seemed a bit high for hotel and services. Unless you really need to be in Rockville Centre, one could get a very nice room right in Manhattan for only $50 or $75 more for the night.

Room Tip: at least first two floors with room numbers near 122 and 222 face a brick wall.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Travelr101
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I just came back from this hotel and the place is immaculate, the breakfast was good an the staff friendly. I actually left my IPAD there accidentally and the front desk called me and held it for me!! Thats amazing!! Thank you Eilzabeth!! The bathrooms were immaculate. My sister got married from here and we stayed a night and the suite was large and relatively inexpensive. Will go back!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jos3girls
Monroe CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

My GPS had a hard time getting me to this Hampton Inn, which added an extra 30 minutes or so to our arrival time - so just keep in mind that the last mile or so is too tricky for the GPS & you should follow a map or your own sense of direction! I was not thrilled at first with the surrounding neighborhood, but then we came upon the hotel and it was wonderful. Beautiful on the outside and even better on the inside. The setup, with an open, fountained courtyard, is gorgeous. I like how almost all of the rooms face the courtyard. The whole style of the hotel is very open, which I like, because then you don't feel like there are strangers or trouble-makers lurking in the shadows. Even the elevators have glass on one side that faces the courtyard.

The room was extremely clean & neat, the beds comfortable, the breakfast was great. The breakfast attendant was pleasant and very on top of things, keeping everything well-stocked.

The only issue I had was that my room refrigerator was not plugged in, which we didn't notice right away even though we had put food in it. I could have called maintenance, but instead my daughter pulled it out of the TV cabinet & plugged it in (that would have hurt my back).

I love Hampton Inns, and this has got to be one of the best I've ever been to. The cost was higher than most, so that probably plays a part in it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie66MonroeCT
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn, and like all the other Hampton Inns I have stayed at over the years, I was more than satisfied. The hotel itself is beautiful - unique architecture, spacious rooms, trendy decor, and a lovely lobby & breakfast area. To accompany the inviting environment, you have the wonderful staff who work there. Each of the front desk staff and housekeeping staff were courteous, professional, and helpful. My flight arrived very late in New York the night I had to check-in. I had a difficult time trying to get any public transport from La Guardia to Long Island, since it was the middle of the night. When I called the Hampton to let them know I would be very late, I mentioned the difficult time I was having trying to get there. The clerk (cannot think of his name, but an awesome individual!) instructed me where to catch a shuttle bus to get to JFK airport. He then gave me the name & phone number of a cab company which he & the hotel uses for clients. He explained that the cab company would give me a discounted rate from JFK to the Hampton. I followed his directions, and found myself at the hotel in no time (without going broke trying to get there!). That is what I call a shining example of customer service. When on Long Island again, this Hampton Inn will be my first choice!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Hampton Inn Garden City
Hampton Inn Garden City
#2 of 4 in Garden City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville Centre? Share your experiences!