“Good but Train Noisy”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was here for a work trip so it was a brief stay. Overall the hotel was clean and the employees helpful. The bed was comfortable. However, we had the train going by our room and it was very noticeable. After a bit I got used to it but more sensitive/light sleeps might have a problem.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank taranell
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre

Reviewed 4 April 2014

As a diamon member I had a terrible experience at the hotel. I was not upgraded on check in and was given a room that someone already occupied. Then I was finally upgrade to a dated suite next to the train tracks which was very noisy. The hotel is in a good location but provides not shuttle service. The staff are poorly trained. The breakfast and coffee are horid. I complained to the manager who said she was going to give me points for my stay. I never received them. The rate was $159.00 should have been 89.00 based on the level of service. Terrible hotel in a good location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Andrew N
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We were here for a wedding. This place is very clean and bed was very comfy. The bathroom was clean, and very well stocked with linens and toiletries. This hotel is comfortable and convenient to driving out to Long Island and also Long Beach, New York.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DianeL727
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The soap in the tub/shower had already been used, and was not in the original packaging. Of course, I discovered this as I was entering the shower, which meant I had to redress and head downstairs to get a clean bar of soap. When I returned to my room, the room keys didn't work. When I sat down to the breakfast the next morning there was no coffee. None. Both pots of regular empty and I couldn't find anyone to fill them. There were maybe 4 patrons in the eating area. I had to go to the front desk for help. By the time I got hot coffee the food was cold. Biggest complaint was the pillows. Foam. Lumpy. Uncomfortable. Normally I stay at a Marriott in Uniondale, NY, although that hotel was booked up. Regardless, I am not loyal to any particular brand and typically choose my hotels based on the destination. My only criteria are a full service restaurant and a nice gym. Often hotel websites indicate they have “state of the art” gyms, although many of those claims are false.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Stephen K
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Just stayed one night on a business trip and it was certainly a clean, convenient hotel and I had no real problems. However, at the end of a long day I was looking forward to having a "cold one" after checking in. Not here. There's no bar and although they offer a variety of snacks and beverages from a "mini-store", there are no alcoholic beverages available. I was able to take a 5-10 minute walk to a nearby grocery store and buy some beer, but with 15 degree temps, it was a bit of a hassle. Anyhow, if a cold beer or glass of wine at the end of the day is not important to you, you'll do fine here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Camsdad11
Reviewed 21 February 2014

It is a good hotel but a bit tricky to find the road entrance. It has a nice lobby and is in a good location within walking distance of the train station. There are many fine restrauant within walking distance as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Stanley B
Reviewed 21 February 2014

it proved to be a good choice only 7 miles from the airport and nicer than some other choices closer to the airport.I was able to get to the airport in no time and able to get my flight. What a convenience when you are set back by bad weather and snow.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre? Share your experiences!