“Front desk staff....rude”

Rockville Centre Inn
Bedford, Indiana
“Front desk staff....rude”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I called for the hotel shuttle from the airport and the man operating the desk told me to go to door #5. I had never came into JFK at that particular terminal, I went to arrivals where you should be picked up, I called the hotel when I could not find the driver, and the front desk man proceeded to lecture me over the phone that they pickup people in departures. 30 minutes after I had called to be picked up, I was picked up and I told him how I was treated and he tried to apologize. Once we got to the inn, the driver confronted the front desk employee who proceeded to yell at him for siding with me. Now I have been a front desk agent, I understand it's difficult, but your job is treat people like guests, he made me feel like annoyance, he was disrespectful, and frankly I hope to never be sent to your hotel again on account of his behavior. Oh and your wireless

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank wolverineblue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Although the Rockville Centre Inn appears to be a leftover from decades past, the staff make this a worthwhile stop. They worked very hard to accommodate our family during an emergency and the entire staff was solicitous and kind. Although the rooms are indeed old, they are kept clean and tidy.

2 Thank Bonthra
Boxford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Rockville Centre Inn, (gps will only find it in Lynnbrook though) and was pretty worried it would be awful. Normally I require a minimum of 3 star rating but this particular night there was not a room to be found anywhere on Long Island. When we pulled up it looked pretty sad but it was late and there were no other options. Very nice desk clerks sent us right to our room and it was immaculate! It had the old style bedspreads and the carpet was a bit wrinkled but everything was clean, specially the bathroom and mini kitchen. Bed was comfortable, shower, towels and toiletries just fine. So lovely to get a pleasant surprise at 11 PM.
The next surprise was the free breakfast. Nice fresh fruit, bacon and eggs, cereal, yogurt, all sorts of toast and good coffee. The location is not convenient for where I go but I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. The front desk people say the whole place will be redone shortly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ei442
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel last weekend for 1 night. It did not expect to stay overnight in Long Island and they were very accommodating with my last minute reservation. But the room was in need of updating, the bathroom wallpaper was peeling. The legs of the sink and the bathroom door were pretty banged up. I would not stay here again unless there was not another option.

2 Thank pygdus
West Chester, PA
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Take a chance on this hotel. My family was booked here by another hotel when the room we had reserved developed a plumbing problem and there was no other room to move us to. We were directed to this hotel and were not excited as we drove up to it. The outside building is uninviting to say the least. But everything else about the experience was good to delightful. Highlights: The rooms are spacious and the beds were extremely comfortable. Bathrooms look new. Rooms décor was fine with new looking TVs - we didn't turn it on. Everything was clean. Front desk was efficient and pleasant. Breakfast is included.
Lows: dated décor in public areas; finicky elevator; breakfast food is marginal.
Summary: for the price, everything was just fine. You will have a good night's sleep and enough breakfast to get you started on your day. I would not shy away from staying here again.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very clean, well managed, friendly, quiet, great breakfast. close to airport,shopping,, easy walking to everything you might need or want. Trains and busses to go anywhere you want if your not driving. A very good stay-2 Thumbs Up !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lynbrook
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I were between moves (sale of home and purchase of another). We came here on a recommendation of a friend. I was truly amazed. The cleanliness of the room was outstanding for the entire 4 plus weeks we were in residence. The maid service was top-end. The personnel were cordial and accommodating. The room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the residential area. High floors are less noisy.