Ramada Rockville Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Rockville Centre Inn(Rockville Centre)
Plantation Motel(Island Park)
Gateway Inn(Merrick)
View Hotel
Garden City Hotel(Garden City)
Long Island Marriott(Uniondale)
  • Pool
Long Beach Hotel(Long Beach)
  • Beachfront
Allegria Hotel(Long Beach)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewslong islandcontinental breakfast isroom was cleanright next doorwaffle makercleaning staffwafflespleasant stayeasy accesssunrise highwaytrain stationlobbyjacuzzirobertrajmicrowavedanish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I spent six nights here on business. My co workers picked me up for work so I was also on foot after work.
All the rooms are accessed from outside like an old hotel, which it is. It was clean and comfortable and the staff could not have been nicer.
The room had a flat screen TV and they added a ton of Hi - Def channels the last day I was there. The bathroom is very small but was no inconvenience. The bed was very comfortable with the heaviest comforter I've ever seen. The free breakfast was fine and the coffee in the room and lobby was good.
I mentioned that I was on foot because I had to walk to some place to eat every night. There is a TGIF right next door. There are plenty of other good places to walk to, all about a ten minute walk away and allot of places deliver there including the liquor store.
The neighborhood and town behind the hotel is very picturesque and a nice place to walk around. The hotel is fronted by a busy highway and the Long Island Railroad is on the other side of that and it gets kind of noisy around 6 am. If you need a cab, they take about 15 to 20 minutes to show up.

Room Tip: Get a room in back or at least 5 or 6 rooms from the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
ramadarvc, Front Office Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2011

Dear Captsteve,

Your kind words mean a lot to the staff here at the Ramada Inn & Suites of Rockville Centre. We try to strive for nothing but the best, and when guest such as yourself recognizes our hard work, we feel like we have accomplished that goal. As you have mentioned it is an old structured Hotel, and we have put a lot of time and effort into our renovations to bring a newer more accommodating Hotel for our guests. We have just recently added about 100 Hi-Def channels that comes in perfectly clear on our Flat Panel TV's, so I'm sorry to hear you had just missed out on our new addition, but they will be here if you do visit us on your next trip up to New York. We do hope to earn your business again in the future, and look forward to your stay.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

I recently booked a pre-purchase stay with the Rockville Centre Ramada through my Wyndham Rewards card. We are from Long Island but out east so for my birthday I wanted to do a Casino Cruise out of Freeport (Don't even bother doing the cruise, they shut down operations until spring of 2012, 2 days before my reservations and refunded my money. I had already purchased the rooms. Opus Casino Cruise sucks!) We entered the parking lot which clearly looked as if they were doing renovations. We walked into the lobby which was very uniquely decorated with a modern retro vibe! The staff was rather friendly, nothing outrageous. I had booked 2 suites and they gave us the rooms in the far back (which was good cause we were loud). We walked in and were very surprised to see how clean, modern and large the rooms were! We had a small area with a couch, coffee table and flat screen TV. A small half wall separated the bedroom from the living room. We had 2 doubles as well as a second flat screen TV for the bedroom. The suite also came with a microwave, coffee maker, fridge and a double sink. The bathroom was very nice, but rather small. It only consisted of a shower (which I believe was a walk in) and toilet with the 2 double sinks on the outside. The room had great recessed lighting good for relaxing, lamps by the desk, over the beds, in the living room as well as over the vanity outside the bathroom by the full length mirror. I would highly recommend this hotel for a cheap, nice stay! The only downfall was the parking lot flooded badly the day we left so be careful if it rains! Also, don't be fooled, this is more on the motel side but non the less a very wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
ramadarvc, Front Office Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Dear Debbi32,

I would like to first start off by thanking you for taking time out of your schedule to write this review, we really appreciate the kind words you have left for us. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your birthday here at the Ramada Inn & Suites of Rockville Centre, NY. Our main objective is to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be, and Happy Belated Birthday by the way. I'm sorry to hear about the Opus Casino Cruise being canceled, they are normally a big hit in the summer, and we've heard nothing but good reviews. That is though, one of the many attractions located within our area, including Jones Beach State Park and Nikon Theater which is 12 minutes away and Long Beach which is 15 minutes away. We are also a minutes drive away from Rockville Centre town where you can enjoy good dinner and drinks. Once again thank you for the wonderful review you have left us, and we hope to accommodate you again one day in the future!

Ramada Inn & Suites, Rockville Centre, NY
516-678-1100

Reviewed 12 September 2011

I would have given it 4 circles!
We checked into the ramada in RVC in Sept of 2011. There was a line to check in even though there were 4 people working behind the front desk. It seemed to me that none of them knew what they were doing. They were literally bumping into each other trying to get people registered. I had a reservation. They gave away my room, so they upgraded me to a suite. Worked for me. Room was really nice, but as soon as we walked in a funky smell greeted us. I didnt bother changing rooms, because I knew they had nothing else that was non smoking. Smelled like it was closed up for a while. After a while of running the AC it was ok. The floor near sink and bathroom was dirty. Breakfast was suprisingly good. Hard boiled eggs, bacon, waffle maker, bagels, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea, juice, cereals, danish....everthing you could possibly want.
Id stay there again, its the least expensive hotel in the area. And its an expensive area to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
ramadarvc, Front Office Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Dear Bleweyz39,

I would like to start off by thanking you for you're business, here at the Ramada Inn & Suites of Rockville Centre, NY. We have just finished our renovations to our property within the past month, and with that came a new software system, in which we are still becoming familiar with, so I would like to apologize if our front desk clerks looked befuddled. I am sincerly sorry about the smell you encountered in the room, sometimes when the room isn't rented for a while the air becomes stifling. We have taken you're complaint into consideration though, and now have started running the air before the guests check-in, so the air in the room can cirrculate. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast, we try to offer a bit more then the traditional continental breakfast. We look forward to your next visit, and by then we will be more acquainted with our software!

Reviewed 29 August 2011

The staff was wiling to match Hotwire's price for our two night stay when we made reservations. Maybe the "rack room price" had something to do with the room we were given. Nightstands were beaten up, the back of the bathroom door was "filthy" and with rusted hinges, the bathroom floor was dirty. After requesting an ironing board/iron on 3 different occasions we were finally given one with a dirty cover which also had a very strong smell of old nicotine. We could not use it nor keep it in our room. The first day we checked in we just dropped off our luggage in the room and did not observe the above conditions until the next morning. At that point it was too much of an hassle to pack up and ask for another room. However we did inform the Bobby at the front desk about the conditions of this room. The women serving in the breakfast area were delightful. Given our frequent visits to LI and having stayed at the Diplomat years ago the reviews here motivated us to give Ramada a try. What a big disappointment!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing Sunrise Hwy. Check out the room thoroughly before unpacking.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Irishblessing
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stayed one night to attend a wedding nearby. The checkin was quick despite the continuous ringing of the phone due to the impending hurricane in the next 24 hrs. and the necessary evacuations. The room was newly renovated and they did the best the could
with old exterior corridor structures. Not a bad choice if your looking for a place to attend
a concert at Jones Beach Marine theatre. Our room was small but livable for sleeping.
I wouldn't spend a weeks vacation here.

Room Tip: online reservation is the best
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple