“ok to stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Rockville Centre

and 1 more site!
Ramada Rockville Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We checked in on a Thursday for a 4 night stay. Property is clean and well kept. Desk clerk was nice and lobby was clean and nice. Parking is in front of rooms if on ground level and it was sometimes hard to find a spot by your room. Friday and Saturday nights parking lot was completely full. Ground level floor had nice furniture and a flat screen LG TV. Cablevision is horrible and many channels did not have good reception and were not in English. In fact, I thought they were using the "free" digital channels. Bed was OK....lots of pillows...sheets were not stained but had cigarette holes. Housekeeping gave us clean towels every day and made the bed. Carpet was however, very dirty with lots of stains. Vanity sink leaked around the faucet everytime we used. Toilet is hooked to wall (instead of floor) and was very very low to ground. AC worked great and overall besides the carpet it was a nice stay. Continental breakfast was ok....microwave eggs and microwave bacon but it was a nice area to grab some coffee and a quick bite before heading out. We did not use the pool but did sit poolside one morning and that area appeared very clean and nice. Lifeguard was on duty also. WiFi did not work at all so had to use cell phone as hotspot. Reported this to office and their response was that no one else had complained about it. For the $140 a night, I thought that was a bit pricey but was told that was normal for this area of New York.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ramadarvc, Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad your stay was great over-all but clearly there were some issues. I am personally looking into the problems you reported. If you would like an up-date, please e-mail me at RamadaRVCjw@gmail.com and if you are returning to this area, please also e-mail me so I can personally set up your reservation and inspect your room for you.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked a smoking room, and it smelled like it. Also, the bed covers had slits and burn marks. Housekeeping forgot to leave me a coffee pod on my last night there (I REALLY need my coffee in the morning!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

ramadarvc, Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hey, how are you.

Thank you for your comments. I apologize housekeeping neglected to replace your coffee packets. I am a coffee drinker as well, so I completely understand. As for the smoking rooms, they do smell like smoke and the top comforter sometimes has burn marks. We wash them regularly and replace the ones with burns as often as possible. (The sheets you sleep on are replaced daily) If you are not someone who absolutely needs a smoking room, I suggest getting a non-smoking room on the ground floor or a balcony room so your room does not smell like smoke and you can go outside when you need to smoke. If you e-mail me at RamadaRVCjw@gmail.com, I would be happy to set up a reservation for you in a less-smelly room at a discount and personally make sure you have more then enough coffee all day. =)

I look forward to hearing from you,
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I travel 300 days a year for work, and this is by far one of my favorite hotels. The rooms are very clean, the beds are super comfortable, and the service is tremendous. A very helpful staff. A great little store in the lobby for whatever you may need open 24 hours. The management is extremely helpful, you can go to him with any problem an he is always available. The pool is beautiful and very well maintained. I can't think of a better place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ramadarvc, Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you so much Amy!! Next time you stay here, please let me know and I'll help you out with a discount for all your kind words.

RamadaRVCjw@gmail.com
palm harbor
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here because of the location between two places I lived, Long Beach and Uniondale. We had a one night stay and then off to the city for 4 nights. It was ok for a new yorker like me, but out of towners would call it very average. The TV was horrible but too tired to worry for one night. The bathroom was so small I had one foot in the shower to take care of business with a little room. The continental breakfast always an adventure was horrible with the people telling my daughter it was her fault the waffle making was not working good, really? Also very noisy in the area around the hotel and did not like my car so far from my room, usually park by the room to see it at night. So price good, but not recommended for families or out of towners.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hey, How are you doing today? I'm sorry to hear your stay was not stellar and that your television was not working properly. I wish you would have said something that night or when you checked out. We could have given you a break on the price for the inconvenience and fixed the TV. If not for you then the next person. I have heard people complain about the size of our bathrooms before. The actual building was constructed in the 1950's and although it has been through full renovations, we cannot change the actual size of the building or rooms. If you are a taller person, I suggest requesting one of the Double Queen rooms in the Lobby or a Suite. Both kinds of rooms will have larger bathrooms. If you want to see you car at night, I suggest requesting one of the Single King rooms facing the parking lot or a Suite. You can park right in front of either type of room. There are also Double Queen rooms that face the parking lot and have a larger bathroom, so that might be the perfect option for you. I'm not sure what happened with your daughter and the waffle maker.. was it a staff member or another guest that yelled at her? Could you please e-mail me at RamadaRVCjw@gmail.com with more information about that scenario. It does not sound like something one of our staff members would do however, if they did, we would need to look into it immediately. I do appreciate your comments although I wish you would have given them to us in person instead of online. If you are coming back to the neighborhood and need a place to stay, I would be happy to extend a discount to you and personally make sure you are in a quiet room, with a large bathroom, where you can see your car and the Television works properly.

I hope to hear from you,
Jillian Weston

*** Note to all Travelers... Hotels want to hear about the problems with the rooms so we can fix them before someone is in them and writes a bad review about us. Don't be shy, call the front desk. =)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville Centre
BEST WESTERN Mill River Manor
BEST WESTERN Mill River Manor
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville C...
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Gateway Inn
Gateway Inn
#1 of 1 in Merrick
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Ramada Rockville Centre? Share your experiences!