“Very clean and comfortable updated room. Needs to have...”

Ramada Rockville Centre
Reviewed 24 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
ramadarvc, Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2015

Reviewed 23 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
ramadarvc, Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Reviewed 21 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a reservation scheduled for the last weekend in June and suddenly could not make the trip. We called the hotel on the afternoon of the day we were to arrive and were very pleasantly surprised that they cancelled the reservation with no charge. We were impressed by this and although we never got to stay in the hotel we definitely will in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello, How are you? Thank you for writing about your great experience with Ramada Rockville Centre. When you are ready to travel here, we would be happy to accommodate you. =)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

IMO, this hotel general manager who I met when he was servicing the properties own ATM indicating how things were to turn out (i.e., money first guest satisfaction low on the totem list).
Facts: Checked in at Senior 125 rate on Tuesday saying I would probably stay until Saturday. next day saw the rate on internet as 119 so asked for that and receptionist granted the rate but later the change had not been made. They did a credit later. Then they told me that my rate would have to be changed on Friday when the rate rose to 179. Had only heard of this in Las Vegas and asked if they would just allow me the last day of my six week trip Friday for the same rate. Also, this is the highest hotel rate I have ever personally paid as am living in Thailand the past 14 years. Told to see GM. He said he had to raise the rate because of the system. This turned out to be untrue as he admitted that he could change his system but did extend a 30% discount off the 179 rate but told him that I had been there since Tuesday paying 125/119/ so would really appreciate my last night of my six week trip at the same rate. He said he would think about it and call me back. Never received the call and asked the night receptionist who said the GM said the 149 or so rate the GM had quoted would have to stand. All I can tell you is that I could not relax at this hotel. There are some good employees here: Brian on the night shift, the day maid, Monica but the managers seem to not understand a hotel's mission. The beds are really comfortable but then there was coffee maker but no sugar, creamer to go with the packets of coffee. Also, the breakfast was a bit mundane (i.e., no flavored coffees or creamer) and little variation from day to day. I had to sort three boxes of photos down to two to ship back to Thailand or would have left earlier. Made a reservation at two star motel for 98 in Lynbrook next to Rockville Center and it turned out too be restful, more secure with a security guard allowing cars in and out and I immediately crashed into bed and was able to sleep. My friend, a hotel controller for Sheraton wondered why the hotel had asked for my credit card every day and my cousin said he had never heard of a hotel raising its rates on a guest. Have been a professor of Hotel Management at some of the best universities in the USA and have been Director of Training for two large known hotel companies so was surprised by this organization's understanding of its mission. We taught yield management but that it had to be done so as not to hamper the goal of every hotel...satisfied guests and yes at a reasonable profit. Would not recommend this hotel until it gets its act substantially in order.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
ramadarvc, Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Hi Jeff,

I do apologize for all the confusion over rates. After speaking with the manager you spoke with, it seems you had the lower rate all week and the price went sky high on the weekend, which is understandably upsetting. Let me explain- Our hotel sells out every weekend over the summer which drives up the price on Friday's and Saturday's. It is typical of our hotel and other hotels in this area to sell rooms for about $190.00+ tax on these weekends. When we sell out, our system does not allow us to enter any discounts. The manager over-rode that system to change your rate from $179.00+ tax to $125.00. I don't see that as money hungry... TO ALL PROSPECTIVE GUESTS- my suggestion is to book your entire stay ahead of time in order to take advantage of lower rates such as the advanced booking 20% discount when you book three nights or more; and to save yourself the stress of haggling with us last minute when our prices go up. If you have any further questions regarding this matter, please feel free to e-mail me at RamadaRVCjw@gmail.com

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Again and again I return to this place...the rooms are always spotless..great continental breakfast .. Conveniently located 15 minutes to the most beautiful beaches on Long Island..close to great shopping
But what is most special is the way you are treated by the staff.
This is the very best customer service you could ask for.
.Bobby is there for you from the moment you arrive to help in any way.. The other staff members are always courteous and professional and smiling.
I will be back many times this summer..it's just terrific

• Stayed: July 2014

Barbara, we love you too!!! Anytime you're in the area, you have a place to stay with us; at a discount. Tell them Jillian said so, or e-mail me RamadaRVCjw@gmail.com and I will set up your reservation for you. <3 <3 <3

Reviewed 15 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville Centre
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
5 mi away
Long Island Marriott
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale

Been to Ramada Rockville Centre? Share your experiences!