“A friendly and comfortable hotel to stay”

Best Western Mill River Manor
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I and our 2 kids stayed at this hotel for several months . The manager Andrew Kickey and nick were very nice to us. They went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The staff are extremely nice and are willing to go extra mile to provide our stay like we were at our home.

Andrew Hickey is in deed an assest to Best Western Mill River Manor. His professionalisim and kindness we will never forget and we highly recommond this hotel if you want a nice hotel with a friendly manager like Andrew and Nick to stay in.
Mark and Simin Pocress

Room Tip: look for a nice staff .
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Alan C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff at the Best Western Mill River Manor works very hard to insure that our guests have a memorable experience and I will share your positive comments with Nick and Andrew.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Mill River Manor

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Pretty average hotel . Had to stay someplace close to Baldwin NY - where my grandparents live. The first night of a 4 night stay the remote stopped working. When the night clerk brought one up as a replacement it didn't work either. I had to go down to the front desk at 1am to get a third remote which didn't quite function all the way (the volume down button didn't work) but was the best out of the 3. I had dinner in the on site restaurant which wasn't bad but I thought it odd my parents and I were the only ones in the restaurant on a Saturday night at 6pm. The continental breakfast was also so so. Everyday was the same thing: scrambled eggs, under -cooked sausage patties, make your own waffle, hard/ dry muffins, and cereal. One morning I just had a banana because I was over the lame breakfast.
I could not hear any noise from the street as I had read in other people's reviews, mostly because my heating/ cooling unit was so loud! I requested a higher up floor but got put on the 2nd floor right in front of the elevator since no king sized rooms were available on any other floors. My trip to NY was due to attending a funeral and I had to pick a hotel within a 2 day window which was located on Sunrise Highway. The price and location were my motivation for choosing this Best Western but if I was going to NY for pleasure would have definitely chosen a better hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank savy-mama97

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. The staff makes every effort to insure that all of our guests needs are met. We are pleased that you found our location to be convenient and suited your needs during your visit to Long Island.
The complimentary hot buffet breakfast choices are part of the Best Western standard and, unlike other hotels that only offer a continental breakfast option, always include an hot egg dish, hot oatmeal, and a make your own waffles option,etc.
We look forward to the opportunity of having you as a guest in the future and will do our best to give you the quality of service that each guest should expect at a Best Western hotel.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Overall I had a good experience here. I booked 2 rooms in my cousin's wedding block and the location is right next to all the fun bars in Rockville Centre. Only issue is that they charged my card for the second room after my sister checked out asking them to use her card. I was standing there and know this happened. I'm settle up with her.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Alan C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Mill River Manor. We are pleased that you enjoyed our proximity to the town of Rockville Centre and your feedback regarding the staff. We work very hard to insure that our guests have a memorable experience hope that we will have the opportunity of having you as a guest again in the near future!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Service and accommodations were as expected. stayed there one evening for a summer wedding. I would have been disappointed if it had not been otherwise. Staff was very helpful and always willing to provide you service. If I had to be in the area again I would return to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Mill River Manor. We appreciate your positive comments about our staff and will be sure to inform them. All employees work very hard to insure that our guests will have a memorable experience during their stay.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This motel has been around for a long time in a couple of incarnations. In its current form it has been nicely refurbished with a couple of glaring exceptions like the doors and hinges to the bathroom. It is sandwich between the LIRR tracks and Sunrise Highway but our room was in a middle location and surprisingly quiet. Very good front desk and adequate breakfast makes for an overall positive experience. Good value but don't expect anything fancy.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms on the LIRR tracks
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Hilltopman44
Alan C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Mill River Manor. We have recently renovated many areas of the hotel and we appreciate your comments regarding the upgrades.

In addition, our staff works very hard to insure that our guests are pleased from check in to check out. I will make sure to inform them of your kind words.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

This is the fourth or fifth time my wife and I have stayed here. We love going into New York City but find the hotel prices there way over our budget. We like the price of Mill River Manor and the convenience of the LIR to get into Manhattan. We have always found the rooms clean and comfortable, even more so since the remodel. We also enjoyed the free breakfast. It was equal to or above other breakfasts at hotels of comparable price. Another huge bonus, free parking! We will always stay at this hotel when we want to come and visit New York City!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bill K
Alan C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Mill River Manor in Rockville Centre, NY. Our entire staff works hard to ensure that each guest has a positive experience during their stay with us. We have recently renovated many areas of the hotel and we appreciate your feedback.

In addition, we are pleased that our proximity to New York City and JFK Airports via the LIRR was an advantage to your stay.

Our biggest compliment will be having you as a return guest to our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We always stay at the Best Western Mill River Manor because of the friendly staff and the cleanliness of the facility. Also of importance is the fact the Long Island Railroad Station is directly behind the hotel. No paying for parking when going into The City. It is a 20 minute drive to JFK, if traffic allows, and you figure how to get off airport property.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Robert C

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review regarding your stay at the Best Western Mill River Manor in Rockville Centre, NY. The entire staff tries it's best in ensure that each and every guest has a positive experience at our property and, we will be sure to share your comments with our Front Office Staff.

We are pleased that our location to New York City and to JFK Airport proved to be a welcome addition to your stay.

Our biggest compliment will be to have you as a guest again sometime in the near future!

Guest Services Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
#1 of 2 in Long Beach
Long Island Marriott
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale

Been to Best Western Mill River Manor? Share your experiences!