“Linda, Haley, Andrew, Ernie all make me want to come back”

Best Western Mill River Manor
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Andrew and Ernie make everyone feel like your part of their family and the girls at the front desk in the morning have been nothing short of excellent. If you need something they don't quit until they find it for you. I travel a lot with my job and this is one hotel I know my family and freinds would agree is a great place to stay. I think other hotels could learn a lot from this staff. Haley and Linda went out of the way to please me ie. they found me Girl Scout cookies on their time these girls are fantastic

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We always stay here a couple of times a year. This past visit the reservations were not accurate regarding handicapped room. Manager fixed situation but then got call at 11 PM Sunday to give credit card again or would be locked out of room. This was taken care of Sat. afternoon. We are very disappointed in this hotel and may or may not return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel is great. The staff is great, Andrew, Linda, Nick and Ernie are so helpful and have made my stay an absolute pleasure. Location is great, LIRR station within walking distance and 30 minutes to New York City. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had a great stay at this hotel. The staff was great especially Linda and Haley. They gave me a great rate. I would recommend staying here. Good food within walking distance and the hotel Resturant was good at an decent price.

• Stayed: February 2014
Alan C, General Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Ant Blac:

Thank you for your recent survey of the hotel. I am glad to hear that we met and exceeded your standards. Haley and Linda represent the hotel in the best possible way with their charming personalities and friendly smiles that all guests love to see.

We hope that you allow us another opportunity to accommodate you when you are in the area.

Once again, thank you and we hope to see you soon

Alan C.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

My stay was horrible. The handle to my facet was broken had to use tub for everything. The ceiling in the shower was covered in black mold. You hear everything outside, street traffic is very loud. On top of all that there were loud people outside smoking all night stunk up the room. Tired to call the front desk no one responded. In the morning spoke to Nick at the front desk but he was busy on a personal call. Later spoke to the manager Andrew and he was anything but helpful. Will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Elizabeth W
Alan C, General Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Elizabeth:

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. My staff respond to all guest notifications or problems that arise when notified. We inspect all rooms with Ultraviolet Wands and black lights as mandated by Best Western to make sure our rooms are "Ultra Clean". These goes above and beyond what other hotels may do to make sure their guests receive a spotless room.

Thank you for your concerns and rest assure your comments will help us with the standards we set forth for our staff and service we provide at this hotel.

Alan C.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay in Rockville Centre, and a good part of that is due to the staff at Mill River Manor. Immediately upon check in I was greeted by the very friendly desk attendant who immediately got me checked in and also gave me good advice about local restaurants and bars! They had multiple vacancies and I was given a choice of which floor I wanted to stay on which was a nice option.

My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The shower was AWESOME...great temperature and water pressure. Mini fridge was clean and cold upon arrival. Everything else was standard. Free Wi-Fi which was very usefull. I would only criticize that the heater ran quite loudly, and my phone to the front desk was out of commission...minor problems.

One other concern that is worth noting is that some of the gym machines were in need of maintenance, and the water cooler in the gym area was also not dispensing...as someone who relies on these facilities for my daily workouts, I found this to be frustrating.

They were in the process of updating some of the rooms while I was there, and I came back to my room to find a nice desk as an addition!

The continental breakfast was quite good. Waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, muffins, bagels, cereal, juices, coffee and tea. Also a nice dining area.

Another bonus is that this Best Western is located right next to many decent bars and restaurants, as well as the Long Island Railway Hub, Grocery Store and Pharmacy...pretty much everything one would need within walking distance!

I stayed for 4 nights and they let me check out late my final day due to a late flight. Ask for Linda or Harley at the front desk with any concerns and you will surely be taken care of! It is not frequent that I hold hotels in a higher regard, but I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in Rockville Centre and want quality service and accommodations without breaking your pocketbook.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nick T
Alan C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Wow, what a great review! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Each and every employee works very hard to leave a positive impression on our guests. In addition, our recent improvements to our guest rooms insure that each guest is made to feel comfortable.

Our complimentary hot buffet breakfast is a Best Western standard and sets us a step above our competition.

Lastly, our location is a strong selling point as we are within walking distance of the LIRR train station, along with various shops, restaurants, and nightlife in Rockville Centre.

We hope to have you as a guest again when your travel plans bring you to Long Island!

BJ Sklar
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Location is very good. LIRR gets you into the city 45 mins. Penn sta. The room I had was clean & bed was comfortable. Fridge was on & set good. Only thing missing was a mircowave & when I asked @ check out was told if I asked I could have had one placed in room.Shower worked fine did notice that bathroom door looked old. If you're going to renovate might as well replace old doors too. Breakfast was good OJ was not watered down. Heat & A/C should be on thermostat. This is why I give you this rating.If you try just a little bit harder it could have been very good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Alan C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Mill River Manor. Our guests seem to enjoy the complimentary hot buffet breakfast each morning. In addition, our guest rooms are constantly being updated in order to make our guests comfortable.

Our biggest compliment will be to have you as a guest again when your travel plans bring you back to Long Island!

BJ Sklar
Guest Services Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Best Western Mill River Manor? Share your experiences!