All reviewsfront desktrain stationlong islandnew yorkbusy streetroom was cleanfree parkingsunrise highwayhotel is greatfree breakfastfriends and familynice staywafflesconvenient locationeasy accesslindalirr
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just a half hour from Penn Station, via the Long Island Railroad (LIRR) that stops a block away, Mill River Manor is far less expensive than similar New York city hotels. Linda, the enthusiastic and helpful manager, is always on site, and the staff is friendly and accommodating to children. The property is older and the rooms a bit dark, but they are very clean. Parking is available, and the neighborhood includes restaurants and family-run businesses. The generous hot breakfast and good coffee is ideal for a family wishing to start the day cost-effectively before heading into the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cindy D
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I booked four nights for my group (Ideal Tours 2014) and our stay was great.
52 people from my group where so happy, that we decided to use also the wonderful Italian restaurant Cala di Mare, inside of the hotel ,.
Thank you, HALEY RICE for the great , wonderfull and professional service .
A special thanks, also to Linda and Roberto (the owner of the restaurant)
Giuseppe Mannara
Idealdentusa
NB:
We will back again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It's a nice hotel for a couple of nights...
Prime location to explore Long Island, Rockville Centre and if you could spare 30 mins for a train ride to NYC Penn Station.
Linda and Nick were extremely hospitable and provided us with any and all info necessary for our vacation.
Car rental services nearby(enterprise) provided free pick up and drop off.
Very convenient and a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have family in the area, and I need accommodations when I visit. NYC area hotels tend to be overpriced with little or no parking. We have stayed at the Best Western and the Hampton Inn. The Hampton Inn is very nice, but so is the Best Western, and it's generally at least $40 cheaper. The rooms are a little small, but they are clean and modern. We don't go into the city when we visit, but a LIRR station is within walking distance. Then it's just a 40 minute ride to Penn Station. The breakfast was just okay, but it was about the same as every hotel breakfast. If you like starches, you'll be satisfied. I used the fitness room, and it was well stocked. We would surely stay here again. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The price is reasonable for the area. The rooms are clean. What more can you ask for from a hotel?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It's not a bad hotel. The room is nice and clean. The location on Long Island is where I need to be - half block from the train station. The girl who checked me in was wonderful. I'm not a fan of the hotel with rooms that open to the outside, but for a few nights I'll tolerate it. The only thing I can complain about is being placed in a room literally right next to Sunrise Highway which makes it a good choice for people who are hearing impaired - especially with the truck traffic going by at night. Because the property is fully booked, they were unable to locate me to a quieter room (they had some rooms on the first floor that open to the parking lot - but that's not an option for me either).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Sunrise Highway if you want a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo