All reviews front desk train station long island new york busy street room was clean free parking sunrise highway hotel is great free breakfast friends and family nice stay waffles convenient location easy access linda lirr
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had a wonderful stay. I stay at a lot of hotels and I can definitely say this has been my best experience. Linda, the guest relations manager, was extremely accommodating and really makes the guests as comfortable as possible no matter what she has to do. The room overall was extremely clean and the location was great! I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Deanadematteo
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just a half hour from Penn Station, via the Long Island Railroad (LIRR) that stops a block away, Mill River Manor is far less expensive than similar New York city hotels. Linda, the enthusiastic and helpful manager, is always on site, and the staff is friendly and accommodating to children. The property is older and the rooms a bit dark, but they are very clean. Parking is available, and the neighborhood includes restaurants and family-run businesses. The generous hot breakfast and good coffee is ideal for a family wishing to start the day cost-effectively before heading into the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cindy D
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I booked four nights for my group (Ideal Tours 2014) and our stay was great.
52 people from my group where so happy, that we decided to use also the wonderful Italian restaurant Cala di Mare, inside of the hotel ,.
Thank you, HALEY RICE for the great , wonderfull and professional service .
A special thanks, also to Linda and Roberto (the owner of the restaurant)
Giuseppe Mannara
Idealdentusa
NB:
We will back again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It's a nice hotel for a couple of nights...
Prime location to explore Long Island, Rockville Centre and if you could spare 30 mins for a train ride to NYC Penn Station.
Linda and Nick were extremely hospitable and provided us with any and all info necessary for our vacation.
Car rental services nearby(enterprise) provided free pick up and drop off.
Very convenient and a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have family in the area, and I need accommodations when I visit. NYC area hotels tend to be overpriced with little or no parking. We have stayed at the Best Western and the Hampton Inn. The Hampton Inn is very nice, but so is the Best Western, and it's generally at least $40 cheaper. The rooms are a little small, but they are clean and modern. We don't go into the city when we visit, but a LIRR station is within walking distance. Then it's just a 40 minute ride to Penn Station. The breakfast was just okay, but it was about the same as every hotel breakfast. If you like starches, you'll be satisfied. I used the fitness room, and it was well stocked. We would surely stay here again. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The price is reasonable for the area. The rooms are clean. What more can you ask for from a hotel?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business