“Customer Service is alive and well”

Best Western Mill River Manor
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Finding good customer service these days seems like a daunting task. If you're lucky enough to find good customer service you normally need to pay extra to receive it. At least that's what I thought before I stayed at the Best Western Mill River Manor in Rockville Centre.

I got married at St. Agnes Cathedral with is very close by to the Best Western. I needed to have 20 of my guests stay at the hotel, so I called and spoke with their Director of Sales Haley Rice. From the very beginning Haley and her team were very accomodating. They talked me through several scenarios and helped me decide what options would be best for my guests. I expected a much bigger headache blocking off 20 rooms, but Haley's team made it a breeze.

When we arrived at the hotel I was not disappointed. The rooms were very comfortable- the breakfast was delicious and the hotel bar has a great atmosphere. They have a great outdoor pool which made for a very relaxing morning the day of my wedding. Things were going great, until I ran into an issue!

Checkout time is at 11:00am and my wedding was at 2:30pm. I come from a large Irish Catholic family, so naturally several of my guests were pregnant at the time. I was worried that we'd have to find a way for our guests, and our pregnant guests, to kill 3 hours after checkout and before the wedding. I initially thought about reserving their hotel rooms for another night and eating the cost after we left. However, when I approached Haley's team with my dilema they quickly resolved it for me. They allowed me to have about half of the room's check out late at NO ADDITIONAL COST. This was a lifesaver for me and was one less problem I had to worry about on my wedding day. I couldn't be more thankful to Haley and her team for going above and beyond the call of customer service. I realize how busy of a time any weekend in June is for their hotel, and I know they were well within their rights to just shuffle us out the door and worry about their arriving guests for the day. That's why it was such a refreshing and pleasant surprise to have them accomodate us in such a manner.

If you're in Rockville Centre and are looking for a great hotel at competitive prices with superior customer service, call Haley and book your room today!

Happy Customer,

Luke

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quiet, but for the best sleeping exprience I recommend booking a room facing th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Luke M

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our room, with king size bed, was comfortable , well kept at an affordable price. The pool area was well maintained and was a great "oasis" for my wife and I on a hot summer day. The buffet breakfast was tasty and the restaurant was attractive and conducive to relaxing and chatting with your family & others. We used this "hometown" hotel for three days when our house was under construction. This was a good choice because the staff made us feel comfortable at the hotel when our house was in disarray.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Raymond D
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My boyfriend and I were visiting NYC for a week and wanted to have some beach time so we went out to Long Beach for a day and a half. This is a great alternative to stay at if you're going to long beach! A quick 10 minute drive and you're at the beach. The staff were very friendly and check in was a breeze. Our room was very nice, clean, and updated! The hotel lobby was beautiful as well. I'm all about how the room looks and it was immaculate when we arrived. However, my only complaint- the bed wasn't that comfortable. It felt sloped into the middle and I didn't get a very good night's sleep. The front desk gave us good dinner recommendations as well. All and all- I was satisfied! We booked through Agoda.com and got a really great price. Definitely shop around at other places besides expedia, travelocity, etc.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexkozak
Reviewed 11 July 2014

From the minute we arrived we were treated with friendlines from the front desk when we were w greeted by Linda. to the room continental breakfast and plus a pool in the middle of the city. Hotel was located in walking distance from many restaurants movies etc. The staff was most helpful and loved the touch of our hand towel and washcloth folded to make a tie and shirt. Train to nyc a block away. This hotel was a gem!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hopeknight
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Was sent to this hotel by my work. Almost everything about the stay was top notch. WiFi was a little slow but workable. Great value for the area, especially using the discount they gave me based on the local College I was working at!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephan M
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Mill River Manor. We would like to mention especially the front desk ladies of distinction. Dianne, Linda and Hayley. Each day was made pleasant by these ladies, even when things were not going well with our Family Reunion, they made us smile.
This group of ladies deserve high praise for their people skills and we would rate them 100+ for 8 nights/days of pleasant and refreshing positive attitudes. I thank God for their service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank william i
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been staying at the Best Western in Woodbury for two years when I come to town and have never left disappointed. The management and staff have been such a joy to work with. The breakfast meals are always fresh and well displayed. This facility is a golden nugget in NY.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dr-Bellamy B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Long Beach
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island

Been to Best Western Mill River Manor? Share your experiences!