“Good value convenient location”

Best Western Mill River Manor
Massachusetts
“Good value convenient location”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Visiting family in the area. Hotel is right next to train station into NYC, room was very clean and beds comfortable. Check in was fast and easy. Staff was friendly and helpful. Free breakfast was good but typical hotel fare. Lots of bars and restaurants in walking distance. Being next to train station you get the occasional noise and vibration of passing trains but not too bad. Overall good value. You won't go wrong for a place to rest up in the NYC area

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bill K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Queens, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I gave my daughter an engagement party this past Saturday, August 9. I blocked rooms at this hotel for my out of town guests. I am so glad I used this hotel. The staff are so friendly, the hotel clean and the breakfast was good. I met Linda from Guest Services the day before my party. I brought wine to be given to my guests upon check-in the following day. She is so nice, and I felt we have known each other for a long time. I went back to the hotel Sunday morning, to say goodbye to my guests and joined them for breakfast. Upon my arrival my brother in-law said to me "this is a perfect choice for hotel"!!! I was so happy that my guests enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Brookline, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The service at the Rockville Centre Best Western was supported by the help of Andrew, Nick and Ernie during my booking. The lifeguard, Danielle, was pleasant and helpful. The desk help was very informative and did everything they could to ensure our stay was a good one. I love the accented water in the lobby and the free cookies was a nice touch. I would recommend this hotel for its value and proximity to the heart of RVC and the many things LI has to offer.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Springfield - Springfield Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We just stayed at your hotel for a short overnight trip and wanted to tell everyone reading this that we highly recommend a stay if you are looking for a nice, clean, comfortable hotel that is not overpriced and has a very friendly staff. I called on a whim to see if we could get a room for the night...last minute and the travel sites all said it was sold out....well to my surprise, it was not and the price was fair! Andrew was very friendly and helpful in figuring out that the property was very close to where we were visiting and he was curtious and friendly. He was their when we checked in. The room was on the 5th floor and very quiet and clean....it looked like the photo on the site. It had everything you would need to have a nice stay. I wish we could have stayed longer. There is a free breakfast in the restaurant on the property...it was nice to get up and have something to eat before getting on the road for the trip home...our heck out went quickly...Linda greeted me with a warm smile and hello....very nice, very professional and personable. She wanted to know how our stay was? I told her about the online booking and she told us that next time to call and ask for her. Anyhow,new will definitely be back...and we will recommend this spot to our friends and family that travel in the Long Island area. Thank you for a great stay away from home!

Room Tip: Stay higher up to avoid the parking lot as the rooms all have outside exposure....our room was on th...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Ask for Linda and she will ensure you have a great stay and a happy stay. We checked into our room and asked for a brighter room than what we had and she made sure we got the best room on the top floor. Linda and staff were so friendly and accommodating and they went above and beyond! I feel like we've known Linda a long time and will actually miss talking to her! Thank you for making us feel special Best Western in Rockville Centre Long Island!

Room Tip: Top floor in the middle is quiet and sunny.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My business requires me to be in the area at least once a month, the location is perfect, close to restaurants, the airport and the train to the city. It's clean and the staff always goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. Maria always remembers us and our preferences, she makes the check-in process a breeze. I will continue to use this hotel, it's convenient and the staff makes it a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicolas V
Carlisle
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Upon arrival we were treated wonderful, they were very accomodating, we were there for a funeral we asked for a late check out on the day of the funeral {2 pm] and were told that i would have to pay for another night, i explained that I needed to leave to go home right after the funeral but they would not work with us. The lady I spoke with was not very understanding and for that one person's attitude I will not be back. All of the people at the hotel except the lady at the front desk are so nice. Unfortunately it only takes one person to leave a bad impression on a guest.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Alan C, General Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Nancy N:

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I understand that the circumstances of your trip to the area were not the most enjoyable. I wish it could have been under better circumstances that you stay with us. However, my staff had to follow procedures in that they were not allowed to give complimentary late check out that late into the day. Normal check out time is at 11 AM with a late check out request of not later then 12:30PM. We would have gladly held your bags for you or make other arrangements.

I apologize for the situation and I hope you allow us to serve you again.

Alan C.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
#2 of 4 in Garden City
Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Long Beach

Been to Best Western Mill River Manor? Share your experiences!