“Nice selection of yummy items.”
Review of Tilda's Bake Shop

Tilda's Bake Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Rocky Point
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Mount Sinai, New York
“Nice selection of yummy items.”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Nice selection of yummy items. However don't try to place an order for something special. People who answer the phones don't want to be bothered.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Anne D

Shoreham, New York
“The BEST !”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Best jelly donuts in the world !!!! Every baked goody here is excellent. All our special occasion cakes have been purchased here: Birthdays,Anniversaries,Communions, Graduations etc.etc.etc. I especially like the yellow cake with pineapple and strawberry filling and Butter Cream Icing.

• Visited August 2012
Port Jefferson, New York
“YUM!!!”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Don't arrive hungry. aroma's are intoxicating..fresh rolls/Almond Pretzel-mouth watering-cakes/cookies/breads/rolls everywhere cakes and more cakes--specialty orders..You will buy more yummy (Eyes bigger than belly!!) Recommend highly

Visited August 2012
Hauppauge, New York
“Nice Bakery”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Best bakery around the Rocky Point and Shoreham area. When you walk in the smell is wonderful. Sometimes it's hard to choose what to buy because everything is good. The only negative is their cannoli cakes could be better. I am spoiled from Patsy's in Lindenhurst when it comes to cannoli cakes.

Visited August 2012
Cola, SC
“Online bakery left a bad taste...”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I ordered baked goods for my dad's 70th birthday as this bakery was able to ship all of his childhood favorites, which are tough or impossible to find in the southeast. Their shipping page stated all orders would be shipped the following business day and they were closed on Mondays (i.e. nothing gets shipped on Mondays.) I ordered on a Wednesday and expected my order to be shipped on Thursday, however it didn't go out until the following Tuesday.

I called to ask why it was delayed (my dad's birthday had already passed) and was told by the owner that he made an executive decision not to ship my order because he didn't want it to sit on a truck over the weekend. Their site offers no expedited shipping options...UPS ground only, which the owner said they may change in the future. I assumed they knew what they were doing with regard to shipping perishable items and were confident UPS ground worked well for this.

I explained to the owner that their site should warn customers of the potential for delaying shipping at the owner's discretion and someone should have contacted me to let me know. His response was basically that they don't have time to contact customers (yet he had time to spend 10-15 minutes on the phone with me explaining this.)

My package finally arrived and I immediately took everything out of the box to deliver to my dad. I bought him linzer tart cookies, rainbow cookies and seven layer cake. I also happened to order crumb buns for my mother and me (which were dry and my mother felt were stale - we made our own last weekend and there was no comparison...ours were fantastic).

The linzer tart cookies were packed underneath a box of seven layer cake, which consequently crushed the cookies. I did not open the cake box as it was sealed. My dad opened it and the cake was lopsided, icing fell off 1 side and was crushed on the other side and top with sprinkles mashed down into the icing - everything was a wreck. I took pictures of everything still wrapped in the bakery's packaging and emailed them to the owner - never received any sort of explanation, apology or offer to make it right. I'll never be a customer of theirs again, nor will I refer anyone to them.

• Visited July 2012