“Beautyful Home By the Lake”
Review of Balcony View B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Romulus
Balcony View B&B
Ranked #2 of 4 Romulus B&B and Inns
Frederick, Maryland
“Beautyful Home By the Lake”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Route 89 runs along Lake Cayuga from Ithaca through Seneca Falls. Balcony View is on the lake a little closer to Seneca Falls. Tim Dorn and his wife built this B & B over the past few years. Mr. Dorn has been in construction most of his life and his skill really shows. We had the double room with a balcony view of the lake. There was hardwood flooring under the bed with tile running from the door to the bed area and into the beautifully tiled bathroom. Everything was new and spotlessly clean. Our balcony had a great view of the lake. We had a flat screen TV and Wi-Fi. In the downstairs living room, the ceiling was tin medallions with cove molding. Mr. Dorn made the coffee table from African Mahogany. Breakfast today was eggs scrambled with ham, asparagus, and potato. We also had fresh fruit. It was the best B&B breakfast in a long time.

Before you book, you should know that the door to the house is down 4 flights of stairs from the street. If stairs don't bother you, you will love this place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My parents throughly enjoyed their stay! We gifted them with an overnight at this B&B as a Christmas gift. They usually get away and stay at hotels, but this was a nice change up--helped them slow down and relax. The room was comfortable, breakfast was wonderful and scenery beautiful! Had a great time at a few vineyards the day of the overnight. Loved the Thirsty Owl and Knapps. My husband and I have stayed before as well and can't wait to return with a few other couples and have a kid free get-away!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle O
Ithaca NY
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Everything about my experience at this B&B was perfect. The food was delicious, the rooms were beautiful and clean, and the view was breathtaking! Val and Tim were excellent hosts. The B&B is conveniently located on the Cayuga Wine Trail and the house is literally right on the lake. We definitely plan to return!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Tim and Val are gracious hosts who make you feel completely welcome. They have a B&B that has one of the best views and relaxing atmospheres right on the water.

The rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. We sat and read off the bedroom patio, sitting right over the water. Breakfast was delicious and had fresh ingredients. We were taken out on the boat with Tim as captain. It was an invigorating ride!

We are looking forward to visiting again. Thank you again for a wonderful stay, Tim & Val.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank jjruman
Cumberland, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2012

You Won't Be Disappointed! My husband and I visited the finger lakes for the 2012 Mardi Gras wine trail event. We were late in making lodging accommodations and found this bed and breakfast available. We always look for places to stay that are unique and not your "out of the box" hotel stay with a "warm in the microwave" breakfast. We absolutely loved everything about our experience at Balcony View Bed & Breakfast. The views are amazing, the room was much larger than anticipated, breakfast was healthy and very filling, and most importantly, the owners made us feel right at home! Thank you Tim and Val for your hospitality. Several reviews indicated the concern over the steep slope down to the bed & breakfast. This was not an issue for us, but could be for some. We actually enjoyed that the home was tucked away from the main road and literally right on the lake! If you are looking for a budget friendly place to stay and enjoy a cup of coffee while watching the sun rise over the lake...then this is the place for you. My husband and I are already planning our next visit!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KVG1971
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This is a beautiful place with beautiful views. All the furniture etc are top notch. The bathrooms in particularly are lovely. Each room has its own private balcony. The only downside is that the location is on a steep slope, which was only an issue in the off season when there was ice, and you need to park your car at street level and walk down.

The first time we stayed, I made the reservations and Val asked if there were any food limitations. I mentioned I don't eat eggs, but I would be fine with toast or cereal. She made eggs anyways on the second day, but she had some additional items to put in the tortillas so it was fine.

The second time we stayed for 3 days, my husband made the reservations and apparently he didn't mention I didn't eat eggs. When we came down to breakfast the first morning, which was eggs, I said that I didn't eat them but I'd be fine with toast. She also served yogurt. That was fine. She made eggs again (2 out of 3 days) and served me a small bowl of spinach. Spinach? For breakfast? Really? Spinach along with some yogurt. It just seemed kind of mean to me, like I was being punished.

I was guessing the host had an outside job, and so we offered to come to breakfast early to accomodate her schedule on our last day, but she said that was not necessary. When we sat down for breakfast, she was on the phone and loudly said that she'd just served us, so she'd be leaving in 10 minutes. I guess there was to be no lingering over breakfast! We felt really unwelcome, particularly since we offered to make it earlier. This was my 50th birthday celebration, and it really ended on a down note because of this (and the spinach!).

As long as you don't have any food restrictions, or make any preferences known, this is a wonderful place to stay. Make sure you wear sturdy flat shoes if visiting in the fall/winter season.

Room Tip: All 3 are nice.