I just wanted to let you know what an amazing experience my family had at the Courtyard Marriott/Long Island Macarthur Airport. Your staff restored my faith in Marriott Hotels after another experience at a different Long Island Marriott had quickly destroyed it.
I am a Marriott Rewards member, as well as a Marriott Visa customer, and I have been for years. I have been using my Marriott Visa card exclusively for years now, and I had a free night certificate that I wanted to use. During the December break this year, we decided to do a quick 'staycation' with our kids. I have a child who has special needs, and being stuck inside for the whole week is difficult for him. We were looking for a Marriott not too far from home that had an indoor pool.
We decided on the Marriott in Holtsville, since it wasn't too far from a small museum we'd hoped to visit the next day. When making my reservation with the Holtsville Marriott, I specifically called them to ask the hours of the pool, and indicated that we were only coming from Hauppauge for a fun night away to swim in the indoor pool. They assured me the pool was open and we made our reservation.
When we arrived there, we checked in, changed, hung out in the room for a bit. When we went down to the pool about an hour later, it was freezing. Not only did the pool not have any heat at all, but neither did the entire room the pool was in! At best, the room was 60 degrees. The pool was colder. My boys could barely put their feet in and everyone was upset. There weren't even chairs or towels in the pool room either. It was cold and icky and our little staycation was about to be ruined. The only reason we came was for my pool loving boys to take a swim.
I had to figure something out, and quickly. I went to the lobby, went online, and called your hotel (twice) to ask very specific questions about the pool. The two people I spoke to were very nice and answered all of my questions. As quickly as we could, we changed, repacked, and headed over to your hotel.
This review could easily be about all of the issues with the other hotel, how they never told us the pool was really not usable, how they wasted our time, how we lost 3 hours of our very short 'staycation,' how disappointed my kids were, or how difficult the whole transition etc was for my son with special needs. But it is not. Instead, this letter is about how AMAZING your staff was, how they turned things around for us, how instead of this being a bad memory for all, it turned in to the coolest overnight trip that they still talk about.
When we arrived at your hotel, I was defintely frazzled and upset, and I'm sure rambling about what happened to us at the other hotel. We had reserved a suite at the other hotel (my son really needs a lot of space, as he is VERY active and struggles in small hotel rooms), we had also lost out on a lot of time, and our other reservation was to include breakfast. I asked if they could upgrade our standard room to anything a little bigger, and they said they'd try. They also kindly gave us a voucher for breakfast, and told me where the dryers were so that I could dry my kids frozen bathing suits. They gave me our keys and up we went.
When we got to our room we were shocked! It was an amazing suite with a full kitchen, space to eat, watch tv, and spread out. My boys were so excited and happy! We dried their suits, bought some dinner at your cafe, and afterwards went in the pool. Which, by the way, was clean, and warm, and had plenty of chairs and towels.
My family had such a fun time, and the mess at the other hotel quickly became a memory of a crazy experience that turned in to something wonderful. Your staff was also kind enough to offer us a 2pm check out, which made up for the time we lost during the part 1 fiasco in Holtsville. My boys were able to swim again after breakfast, which they loved.
I have since highly recommended your hotel to many others. While I did not share our entire story with them, I did say what a great pool you had, great cafe, great staff, and all around wonderful accommodations. Thank you for having such wonderful service at your hotel on December 29, 2013. And although you were not there that day, I know that your role as the manager is behind why the staff and place were running so well.
Although I don't remember the name of the women working that day, if there is a way for you to look up who was there, please send them my sincerest thanks. It is because of them that the Marriott has kept my business, and that I will especially make sure to visit your hotel again in the future.
Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Long Island Hotel is centrally located between the Long Island Expressway and the MacArthur Airport, offering complimentary airport shuttle service, hotel-wide WiFi, and parking. Our hotel offers large rooms that feature a sleeper sofa, work space with writing desk, a mini fridge and microwave, and plush bedding as well as spacious suites with separate living and sleeping spaces, fully equipped kitchens, whirlpool tubs, and a dining area that is ideal for traveling families or groups. This MacArthur Airport hotel in Long Island offers modern conveniences such as a heated indoor pool, a 24-hour business center, onsite fitness studio, an onsite restaurant and bar, and over 6,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space to host business or social occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Long Island Macarthur Airport Hotel Ronkonkoma
- Courtyard Hotel Ronkonkoma
- Courtyard Ronkonkoma
- Ronkonkoma Marriott
- Ronkonkoma Courtyard